Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The ideal is the beach bar with a small table set where you can stare at the ocean while not having to involve yourself with anyone or anything else in the place. Preferably with a bad Buffett cover band playing his more downbeat, whistful poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Piss Creep posted:

If leather pants come from animal skin, where do egg clothing come from?

smugworth's signpost offspring

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Cold beer is good OP, if I wanted to leave my house to drink warm beer I’d find some college kids and a 30 pack of room temp mad dog.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm8cDP6ddCg

k nocking heads out.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i agree that cold beer is good but the thing about liquids in general is that they can only be so cold before they freeze, its not like theres some bar out there with advanced coldness techniques that is actually going to have colder beer than anywhere else

whats even more nonsensical is that ive seen ads emphasizing coldness not from bars but from like major breweries like coors, who have no control over what temperature you drink their beer at.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Earwicker posted:

i agree that cold beer is good but the thing about liquids in general is that they can only be so cold before they freeze, its not like theres some bar out there with advanced coldness techniques that is actually going to have colder beer than anywhere else

whats even more nonsensical is that ive seen ads emphasizing coldness not from bars but from like major breweries like coors, who have no control over what temperature you drink their beer at.

Coors made cans where the mountains turned blue, they at least tried to.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Valko posted:

My sister owns a bar. That bar has been in our family for three generations, established in 1908. I'm 40 years old now and started stacking shelves at around 8 and was serving drinks at 10. This was in rural Ireland, we only got refridgerators sometime in the early 90's. The beer on tap had always been cold as far as I remember.

Many of our older customers preferred to drink beer at room temperature because that's what they had always done and it was how they liked it. In fact, some of them actually preffered beer warm, even hot. I never seen it but I've heard tales about people leaving a poker in a hot fire until it gets white hot. Then they stick it into their bottle of stout for a quick second. Never did find out the reason for that.

One older guy had a very good reason for not liking cold beer, it hosed with his sensitive sinuses and gave him a runny nose.

My dad went to high school in Germany in the sixties and described a similar preference in older German drinkers, some of whom allegedly would dip a little vial of hot water in their beer to warm it up (can't verify)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

beer drinking is a land of contrasts, furthermore

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Time to flip that script. Nothing on tap less than 10% ABV. Beers coming out 6° frostier than ice itself. Beers that make your brain freeze before they make it tingle.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

Time to flip that script. Nothing on tap less than 10% ABV. Beers coming out 6° frostier than ice itself. Beers that make your brain freeze before they make it tingle.

LET'S DO THIS

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

It's not about the beer OP, it's about the kind of bar. Well its a little about the beer but not its temperature. They're advertising for a patronage that will drink inexpensive yellow beer by the bucket. There are a couple pool tables, a jukebox, and tables with uneven legs. The craftiest beer you get is Goose Island or Blue Moon. Imports are Newcastle, Guinness, and Corona. Tuesdays is live band karaoke and Fridays is the regular band, Johnny and the Five Aces (theres only 4 people), playing mostly 70s classic rock covers and 90s country.

This place sounds dope as hell

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dick Fontaine posted:

There’s a brewery about 45 minutes from me that only does “imperial” style brews and nothing is less than 8% and most are 10%+. I don’t know anything about their refrigeration system but they had some bangin Reuben tater kegs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

There's an American themed BBQ bar that gets things just ever slightly so wrong near me and they have a wood sign that reads "COLD ALE" and I'm thinking that would never be in an actual American bar.