Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plogo
Jan 20, 2009
I think that cinci zoo sniper's moderation strategy proved its effectiveness during the GBS ukraine thread drama. Overall I think he has done a very good job, particularly given the volume of contradictory complaints about how such a thread should be done.

I think MikeC can feel hard done about his probations in the Ukraine thread. To some extent I think he fits under the rubric of someone who gets more pushback because he views are not in lockstep with the plurality of the thread. On the other hand, at least once MikeC has brought up some point about realism that I disagreed with, but I declined to respond to because that debate is tangential to the thread and had occurred a few times before so starting a new debate about the nature of "realism" in international politics was a fraught topic to bring up.

I will say that its silly that if we look at things dispassionately, there is no thread on somethingawful that has honest interlocutors from a variety of perspectives debating the Ukraine war, which is unfortunate, but ultimately understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU