Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
I mostly lurk, but D&D is my primary location of "mostly lurking" and has been since whenever my regdate says. I like the fairly nuanced approach to discussing issues and the fact that there are posters who know the subject matter. Koos's reign of terror has been pretty good for lowering the temperature and cutting out some of the more predictable back and forth screaming matches, so I am in favor of continuing that broad style of moderation.
Cinci managed to keep the D&D war thread at peace pretty well even when two others on the forums were exploding, so major kudos there. I think the proposed changes for that thread are also good ones and frankly, I think they'd be worth pushing forum-wide. The wall of text rule I could go either way on, but I think that at the very least, any salient points of a big article should be highlighted, and some explanation of why it's worth reading is a fair thing to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
I also don’t think probations are as ideologically driven as is sometimes claimed. Like, Discendo Vox gets hit semi-regularly, as did Evilweasel when they posted in D&D a few years back. I just don’t think that “don’t be a dick” is, or should be, an insurmountable ideological barrier to posting.