Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

Now that I think of it, it would also be nice if the mods could show how they've considered feedback from previous threads. Doesn't mean they have to follow every suggestion, but right now there's not much direct indication that these feedback threads are actually doing anything.

Just speaking for myself, the takeaway I've gotten from this thread is to at least be aware of a possible bias for someone I agree with and against someone I disagree with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Do the mods of the forum feel that D&D should include or allow poo poo posting or poo poo posting if it's funny? While it's still a comedy forum there is a sub-forums GBS and CSPAM. It's not like people can't have their fun elsewhere.

In my experience, this does not happen often. Most posts that clearly break the forum rules are not funny, or at least not funny enough to save it. I did choose to invoke the humor exception once on a report last week (a mostly harmless post, not disruptive), but before that, it had been a while.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

Posts with unpopular opinions get reported more, posts with popular opinions don't just by weight of numbers

It only takes one. There is always a very quick report for any post that can be interpreted by that poster's collective forums enemies as stepping out of line.

edit: there is no "extra-bad credit" for a post getting reported multiple times. Whatever the first report is, that is what gets read and the mod who chooses to take the time to deal with it also needs to take the time to investigate.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 28, 2023

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah but that's the problem right. People I agree with are laying down some righteous truth, people I disagree with are making GBS threads up the discussion.

And that is the biggest takeaway I'm personally getting from all this: I need to be more aware of the possibility of my own bias when I'm deciding how to react to reports.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

socialsecurity posted:

I asked for an example of someone getting probed for being not liberal enough, you know the accusation made many times in this thread. If it happens so often as people are pretending it shouldn't be hard to provide one, you don't need a "spreadsheet" or whatever.

I'll go ahead and just help VS out by saying that anytime there is a post that falls well outside the traditional liberal orthodoxy or is even just the least bit spicy, it will get reported. You guys might be underestimating how often posts get reported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

Does this surprise you? The rules and practices mods set up ensure this outcome. I'd have been shocked if you told me any different.

Is this what you guys wanted?

(In case tone doesn't come through in text, these are not aggressive questions, I'm genuinely curious what your/yalls thoughts are on this)

From what I've been told (obviously my experience is not vast), report volume is not really related to any kind of mod policy, but more on how much American politics takes over our daily lives. But even when it all slows down closer to normal, we will still always have the eternal struggle on D&D between sworn posting enemies with reports on all sides.

If you are an active poster here with a strong opinion, rest assured that a lot of reports have probably been made against you, mostly responded to with a mod going "nah" (unless of course you obviously broke the forum's rules, which is not nearly as often as everyone's forums enemies think).

Rigel fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 28, 2023