Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

silence_kit posted:

Not trying to sic the mods on these posters. This kind of posting is what the people want. Who am I and/or the mods to be at odds with that?

Salient point. As long as the mods do enforce standards if another poster of a different political lens engages the thread with effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Discendo Vox posted:

No, you do not, and you know you don't. You have a "guideline" that isn't predictably enforced, and I do know it's not predictably enforced.

That's just life though. I am not just talking about the sub-forum but the wider world in general. Each thread has its own subculture going on and it's not going to be fair for everyone at all times, especially when it is volunteer work. I mean unless I feel like eating a probe (and honestly who cares), I just accept the fact that the resident chuckleheads in the Ukraine thread will randomly start making GBS threads on IR theory in bad faith, and if I respond I am the one eating the probe. Cest la vie. Though if you are willing to fight hard enough for a particular thread, you can actually clean it up. The China thread has been actually very good since the last time we had a meltdown with the worst offenders having been ejected.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Josef bugman posted:

The China thread is also rarely posted in and frequently it is just one poster for weeks at a time.

Which I think is a fine thing. If there is nothing of great interest for anyone to discuss on China then the thread can lie fallow. If there is a want or desire for low (not a negative) level chatter on it, other sub forums have the appropriate place for it.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't want mods to be part of the community. I want them to moderate.

It's a lot to ask for an unpaid volunteer position. I would just roll with it more.