Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I've stopped participating in D&D because the moderation has become increasingly difficult to understand, and it is not clear what will catch a probe and what won't. Someone being cross but not disagreeing with anyone will get a pass and others in disagreement with even a smidge of attitude gets harshly punished. Someone will get probed days after a post was made, or chain probed. Thread bans still exist and suck as well. Either someone is worth banning completely or not at all.

I've been a D&D user for twenty years and you guys have made it a sterile soulless shell of what it once was.

I understand the desire to not have interforum wars, and I agree, but there needs to be a some tolerance for non drive by poo poo posting. If someone is discussing with even the most basic effort but also being a dick, that should be fine. Some of the best discussions on this site have come from two complete assholes going at each other for twenty pages.

Maybe the above applies to USCE or What used to be USpol but something has been lost along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Please purge cinci from moderation as he has no understanding of how people communicate and stifles anything that he deems unworthy.

Between him and Vox this place is an evaporating puddle that gets saltier and saltier with each passing day.

Loosen the rules, let people post and discuss. Moderation should be loose guard rails to prevent people from being too big of an rear end in a top hat, not because you don't like what they are saying. Stop trying to have a space where only the Poindexterest Poindexters get to determine what is discussed and how.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

It should be completely fine to have casual discourse in D&D.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

What exactly was wrong with the chat GPT thread?

Also

someone crazy with power posted:

As a mod, I have an explicit duty to contain threads that are a persistent embarrassment to the subforum I watch, and the whole point of this debacle is to (ideally) stave off this thread from establishing itself as such

No. No it is not.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

These posts remind me of the poster who revealed that they had a PhD in economics, and within minutes they were compared to a cop and a drone bomber.

Or how Live and Let Die got doxxed with an AV purchase.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Everyone, we're here to debate and discuss.

No not like that!

Now please resume the discussion. No not the debate.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Are we saying someone was doxxed because they purchased an avatar? That sounds really extreme and not okay at all. I'm surprised I am the only one catching this at all.

No, someone purchased an avatar that was a pic him in real life from his job or something. The culprit was never identified because the avatar purchase system is anonymous.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

The culture difference between d&d , cspam and gbs was as follows.

Gbs is for mainstream opinion and low effort poo poo posting.

Cspam is for non mainstream low effort poo poo posting

D&D (of the past) was where minimal effort and poo poo posting from all viewpoints was allowed. The unofficial rule was being a dick was fine if it was funny.

Now D&D is for low effort serious posting of a specific range of liberal ideology only, no funny allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Tone police are the loving worst. It should be fine to post abrasively if the argument is sound.