Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Way back when I first played this campaign I was so bad I was terrified and even struggled at one mission. But I managed to beat it! :v:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

AoE1 had the better priests/monks.
To a ridiculous extent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_FyTLdfgA

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

I always thought it was fun to do unnecessarily complicated poo poo on certain easy levels in the campaigns, like this or sterling. Sterling for example has a large, perfectly habitable island you can relocate to south of the English camp, and doing so completely breaks the simple tutorial AI so you can do whatever you want entirely unmolested.
Me too. That and things like "it would look better if I built the smithy over there" or "this farm is one tile off, delete and rebuild it". I like that idea, it sounds interesting. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.

Personally I found the French campaign the most difficult and frustrating out of all of the original ones. All because of the English annoying unique unit. :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Bloodly posted:

I read this and I get: "He spent 5 years being a normal Age of Empires Villager doing Villager things."
Not quite normal villager things. He spent some years as a slave, after murdering one of his older brothers. Not surprisingly he later outlawed Mongols from enslaving other Mongols.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

also of note is the new dromon, essentially a mangonel on the water, and is available not just to the romans, but to byzantines, goths, and huns as well[/spoiler]
That sounds absolutely beautiful. Finally a counter to endless ship blobs.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The scenario really undersells how amazing admiral Yi admiraled.

D because I want to fail to break the pattern, and also use this smilie: :drac:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Surprisingly little black nail polish among the soldiers. But seriously though, it did look like a fun mission to play.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Attila. Let's get down to business.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nothing like riding down some peasants and setting them on fire.

Aztec Montezuma

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I remember wolves etc attacking military units and monks so it might be that they used to but it was changed at some point.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Stealing cannons looks like a fun gimmick. But the navy... while interesting is probably not the best option no.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Do the Pachacuti

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Blood! :drac:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A. Tariq ibn Ziyad sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Jossar posted:

This scenario is a good example of something that I heard about the Burmese campaign in general: if you know exactly what to do, most of the missions are incredibly easy, but take one wrong turn and you get stuck in an hours-long slugfest. Guess I'd better read up!
That doesn't sound very fun. And I know exactly which of the two options I would end up with.