Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this game literally taught the child me important lessons in moral relativism. despite the french being the good guys in the french campaign, they're bad guys in the saracen campaign. how do you square this?! it was difficult for a young (and very stupid) me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

anilEhilated posted:

Good thing the Britons are pure evil.

yes, that was another important lesson: the english are next to satan

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the story of jeanne d'arc is so goddamned crazy

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i would like to take another moment to note just how completely insane it is that a nobody teenage girl from the provinces somehow could just show up and assume even nominal command of the armies of a major power in the middle of a cataclysmic war

jeanne d'arc is a semi-mythological figure, sure, but the basics are as far as i can tell pretty clear from the historical records. this is nuts!!!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

YaketySass posted:

The narrator in this is laying on pretty thick how much more civilized the Saracens are, it's like I'm really watching Kingdom of Heaven.

Not that I'm complaining, I like that the campaign actually makes no mystery of being biased accounts, and the previous two were also kind of like this though with a more proto-nationalistic/religious bent.

i think i've noted it earlier itt but i genuinely credit this campaign and the french one with helping me understand moral context so i have a very hard time disliking it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i actually never managed to beat this map before it occurred to me that i could attack the crusaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i agree with the other poster that genghis khan's whole Thing is as completely bananas as joan of arc's

the guy came up through blood and grit to rule a bunch of nomads in the middle of nowhere. then those nomads conquered half of eurasia

it's like he found the cheat codes somewhere and just went wild with it