Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, a nice thing about later expansions is that they give you very competent allies with pretty neat interactions. A nice thing about the campaign missions in general is that you can use as much infantry as you want, which is a breath of fresh air considering how bad infantry is in MP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Personally I always assumed this was a one-and-done thing, there's a reason Vietnam being so into AoE1 was noteworthy - pretty much everyone else moved on to AoE2 and there's no real reason to go back to 1 due to the lack of QoL features, early design clunkiness and civs being basically identical tech tree-wise.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

B. Vlad Dracula!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My main criticism of the Pachacuti campaign is that there's zero civilization variety, it's Incas All The Time

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

This mission was immensely weird, because when I played it I focused on the strip of land with the military camps and by the time I was done there my AI allies had basically won their side of the map, it was quite shocking after the narration ended and I realized that was the end of the campaign

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

FWIW their dev team pointed out in one of their recent updates that they noticed how much people liked the DoI DLC concept and if I had to guess the next in line for a similar treatment are the Chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Absolutely wild to me that we're getting improved pathing behavior for boarding transports and garrisoning rams (you click a transport/ram and units will seek the closest, still-not-full one) after so long :allears: