Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tithin posted:

Does AOE2 DE contain all the stuff from the 2013 HD's expansions?

"Definitive Edition
Main article: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
On August 21, 2017, at Gamescom, Microsoft announced a remaster titled Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition was in development by Forgotten Empires, Tantalus Media, and Wicked Witch Software.[96] On June 9, 2019, Microsoft revealed the gameplay trailer at Xbox E3 2019. The game includes all content from the previous editions and expansions, as well as four new civilizations (Bulgarians, Cumans, Lithuanians, and Tatars), additional campaign missions (Ivaylo, Kotyan Khan, Pachacuti, and Tamerlane), and new 4K graphics. It was released via Xbox Game Pass for PC, the Microsoft Store, and Steam on November 14, 2019.[97]"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tithin posted:

Thanks! The steam store page has surprisingly little info on its contents

Yeah I thought there'd be a more complete explanation on the steam page... I owned the HD edition, and all I remember caring for was the new campaigns.

C-Euro posted:

I secretly like AoE1 more than 2 so this is good to hear, thanks!

AoE1 had the better priests/monks. Once they brought the audio files to AoE2, it was over, a clear winner had emerged.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The blood on La Hire's sword is almost dry!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Re: Paris

You can be even sneakier by using the bombards/capable siege units to tear down the wall and trees east of the fanatics and avoid the remaining troops in the city.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jean Bureau posted:

He has the appearance of a Bombard Cannon, but with overall inferior stats. This is partially due to the standard Bombard Cannon receiving an extra 30 HP and 20 anti-siege damage in The Conquerors that was never given to Bureau, though he still has significantly worse anti-building damage and armor (though he notably takes no anti-siege damage due to lacking the armor class) even outside of these changes.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Maybe if players were actually pros they wouldnt leave holes in their walls regardless of the size of the trees :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Twwwoooootons

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Asehujiko posted:

I think these overviews would benefit from having a picture of the relevant civ's tech tree somewhere, since unit availability(and lack thereof, see new world civs and horses) is a big part of a civ's balancing too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ten Tons of Teutons

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I always remember taking my starting forces and killing Burgundy super quick for the relic.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
There's no way the old campaigns aren't getting ported - also guess I'm spending a weekend re-beating every AoE1 campaign

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
MORTAL CONQUERORS!

(BotC)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
EL CID!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Alaric and Obelisk

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sally posted:

maaan i started up the Alaric campaign to start playing along with the LP but i relented and got Return of Rome instead. p fun so far but the pathfinding of units seems worse than base AoE2. my boneheaded swordsmen and legionaries keep letting other swordsmen walk by them and destroy my ballistas. i have never had this problem in ApE2 before... its been a dogs age since I played AoE1... is this just true to the OG gameplay?

True OG, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mazerunner posted:

beating this mission in under 30 minutes is one of the other hardest achievements in the game- I am curious how the change to romans from byzantines effects things. unlike with the goths, legionaries aren't a threat to you cav archer horde, and centurions are kind of a wash compared to cataphracts- but now their buildings have less HP, so sniping castles/town center to force resign them is easier.

also one of the new missions from return of rome is a contender for hardest mission/achievement I think first pyrrhus mission

Surround the town centers with houses

Can't attack what you can't path to.