Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was gonna say 5 bucks but it'd need to be really good

for 7 bucks you should get 3 per order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
loving a taco is an option all over the US. This is the land of feeedom!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
$3 per taco is PLENTY

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
two slaves let free

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
4 bucks max op and not a penny more

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Taco John's got rid of the 10 for :10bux: and I'll never go back

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Torchys is good op

It's also based in Austin with is notoriously expensive though I understand they have franchises in other states

I'm not really a salmon taco kinda guy, I usually go with brushfire with jerk chicken and diablo sauce or democrat with barbacoa. Trashy trailer park gets honorable mention with queso and a chicken tendie

Also the diablo sauce owns

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Hollismason posted:

Do they let you gently caress the taco? I mean is that a option?

Once you pay for a taco, it is yours to eat/gently caress as you see fit.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

democrat with barbacoa.

:crossarms:

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Smugworth posted:

Torchys is good op

Hard disagree torchys is way overpriced and has one of the most boring menus I’ve ever seen at a “trendy” taco shop.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cyks posted:

Hard disagree torchys is way overpriced and has one of the most boring menus I’ve ever seen at a “trendy” taco shop.

Buddy I spent 10 bux to post on the internet to people who call me a loser frequently do you think I'm worried about money

They're not really trendy in Austin so much as a good place to get a quick fun taco and maybe some queso or street corn. And all the food there is expensive. The flavors are good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Did I mention the diablo sauce

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no but now i'm curious about binford tools

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
if you pay more than a couple bucks for your tacos then you are loving up and you should re-evaluate your tastes.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Food is more expensive here. You can get like half decent chain tacos for AU$3 but I've literally never seen anyone order them over burritos. For nice places they go way up in price. One of my favourite places is a vegan place where two (2) tacos are around AU$15 give or take. They are filling and delicious tho.

For entree, drinks and four tacos (more than enough to feed two people in my experience) it's like AU$60. That's pretty good for not chain-food here.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
five THOUSAND dollars, op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

thin blue whine posted:

if you pay more than a couple bucks for your tacos then you are loving up and you should re-evaluate your tastes.

Please show me what you at getting for =< $2.00 because I havent seen cheap street tacos that cheap in years, not that I'm in the right region for it

Torchys tacos are substantially larger than street tacos and include premium ingredients

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Crapple taco drops when

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Smugworth posted:

Please show me what you at getting for =< $2.00 because I havent seen cheap street tacos that cheap in years, not that I'm in the right region for it

Torchys tacos are substantially larger than street tacos and include premium ingredients

there's a bus station/rest stop out in Mount Vernon, WA that has a deli-style kitchen and they sell beef and cheese tacos for a buck flat

they're nothing incredible, but like, it's a dollar and it tastes great so who can complain

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The new Taco Restaurant trend is annoying. You and a friend get a few tacos and a drink and walk out with a $50 bill. It's insane. I stick with the actual mexican joints if I can help it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Really though, why would anyone buy tacos from this man?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I feel like I've paid over $7 per taco at fancy Mexican cuisine restaurants, where they had like wagyu beef and cheese from famous cows or w/e.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I feel like I've paid over $7 per taco at fancy Mexican cuisine restaurants, where they had like wagyu beef and cheese from famous cows or w/e.

Whatever bro I get 50 cent tacos with a tablespoon of fiesta hamburger helper glopped in. They are very edible. Dumbass

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just remembered the time my wife saw a breakfast taco truck at a gas station and thought she was going to find one of those hidden gem type places with amazing, cheap food.

A $1.50 egg and salchichas taco was brought home. The "salchichas" were cut up hotdogs, but I still ate it.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Smugworth posted:

Whatever bro I get 50 cent tacos with a tablespoon of fiesta hamburger helper glopped in. They are very edible. Dumbass

Wait til you hear how much I overpaid for my pepper cannon. :negative:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Wait til you hear how much I overpaid for my pepper cannon. :negative:

Just chew whole pepper corns is the same thing but cheaper

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Buce posted:

i get 3 al pastor tacos for $5 but to be honest, i would pay much more for them little shits

fucken love al pastor tacos, however only place that does decent ones in town charges about $5 each.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Buddy I spent 10 bux to post on the internet to people who call me a loser frequently do you think I'm worried about money

Digging the campaign slogan my friend

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

There’s a place here in slc that sells a 3 pound taco for $18.99. I’d buy it again

3 pounds of Mexican food from the whitest city on earth that's gotta be something to write home about

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mozi posted:

i was gonna say 5 bucks but it'd need to be really good

for 7 bucks you should get 3 per order

I went to a place that had a street taco on the menu for seven dollars and had a note that said 'three per order'. Apparently they meant 'there is a minimum of 3 tacos and we will ring you up for twenty bux if you order one of these'.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Nooner posted:

3 pounds of Mexican food from the whitest city on earth that's gotta be something to write home about

Its actually made by Puerto Ricans not Mexicans

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I would trade my eternal soul for a taco, OP. Do you have one? (A taco, not a soul.)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tunicate posted:

I went to a place that had a street taco on the menu for seven dollars and had a note that said 'three per order'. Apparently they meant 'there is a minimum of 3 tacos and we will ring you up for twenty bux if you order one of these'.

$7 for street tacos is extortionate. That's like $3.50 per bite of taco.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Smugworth posted:

there are places in Cali, esp taco trucks, you can get two dollar tacos. i'll concede three bucks is also fair.

my rule only applies to meat tacos. i'll get super bougie for fish or shrimp.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My favorite local taco place has some pretty fancy tacos that run about 5 bucks each. But that's if you're making a taco with a hard and soft shell, cheese between the shells, 2 kinds of meat, sauces, and a ton of veggies. A basic taco there is like 3 bucks.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You could say I’ve eaten a few tacos in my day

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If it was like some buttery chopped lobster tail, a smattering of some etouffee, ground short ribs, and some like fancy tangy cheese and a nice little reduction or gravy sauce I’d go like $50 for a plate sized taco. :jerky:

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
you all live in lovely places.
Here. Check out some actual prices from real Mexicans

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Can I get a Beer Taco and an Extras taco? Thanks