Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Automata 10 Pack posted:

So anyways, Clarence Thomas has been taking bribes:

Will he see any repercussion? I mean, his wife was involved in the coup so uh.

Well now the other Justices are going to be angry THEY didn't get at least $500,000 bribes a year.

Though I can assume they all are getting bribes they don't declare too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In no world are you so hard pressed that drive thru at rush hour is saving you time or money compared to a million slow cooker dishes or even slapping together a sandwich at home. HFCS is easily avoidable without paying extra at fancy places, it’s at walmart for store brand prices.

Your privilege is leaking. It will save my sanity and not having to think because I’m too tired to think and don’t have the sheer luxury you clearly do.

The people putting HFCS in my food are getting paid much more and have vastly more time to think on how to do it than I have to avoid it.

Perhaps you know them.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
News wires are reporting the US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is preparing to place First Republic Bank under receivership.

I recall reading multiple articles stating with clear facts that no further banks would be in danger and First Republic Bank specifically would be fully supported and have no further issues.

If you have money in that bank, get out. Get Out Now.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Ogmius815 posted:

You’re a huge dumbass. Why are you contributing to a panic? Are you aware of what the FDIC does?

Wow, SomethingAwful still has that much power? I'm impressed.

But seriously, there won't be a bank panic because of individuals with money in it. It will be a bank panic by the rich and powerful who pull their money out first because they already know it's doomed.

Why on earth would you keep any money in a failing business? Granted it's not like a Corporate Gift Card that's going to be useless after a collapse, but moving banks should be straight forward.

And the amount of people defending it is weird.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I AM GRANDO posted:

There were organized groups there like proud boys who would have been happy to kill people if the opportunity presented itself.

What ended up stopping them? They broke in, got into some offices… and milled around and walked out.

They didn’t seem any more organized once they smashed a window and climbed in.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
As all these billionaires are bribing the SCOTUS, why are they not being investigated and charged for bribery?

Also, were all these payments taxed by the IRS.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
From the thread The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Frights: Devil's Vineyard > PYF Schadenfreude: Playing a game of whackfuck, here thread:

Archonex posted:

From today right after Jim Jordan realized he wasn't going to be speaker.

You get one guess who is laughing in the background.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

LegendaryFrog posted:

Surprising nobody, Vivek Ramaswamy just dropped out of the race and endorsed Trump.

The Nerevarine always gets his.

Pity we didn't get another game on the level of Morrowind out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I only assume the Daily Mail has more up to date information on the beheading of a Government Employee is because they helped cause it.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > USCE 2023: I was hoping for a little less Nurgle and Khorne and a lot more Slaanesh