Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i demand constantly rotating thread titles or this has all been for naught

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

mutata posted:

Hey, I'm gonna be driving through Kelso on Wednesday. Gonna grab me some iron ore.

oren't you glad you were already passing through

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

most of his base idolizes him because he gets to be as mean and dishonest and hateful as he wants. the cruelty is the point, and trump is a very cruel person.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ither posted:

I hate milk

:yeah:

Ither posted:

(and cheese)

:dafuq:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

milk fuckin sucks but cheese rules

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Spiffster posted:

I just don’t get drinking to be honest. I know some people who love it and can’t go out on the night without it but with all the bullshit I’ve seen over the years physically (like with these studies) and emotionally I just don’t think I’ll ever get it.

same boat here, except i don't have a choice because i'm allergic to alcohol. thankfully it's the "can get blackout drunk from a single pabst blue ribbon" kind instead of the "booze kills me outright" kind, but still.

i've seen alcohol ruin too many lives and gently caress up too many nice evenings to envy normal folks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

nobody told the new crop that they're supposed to be pretending

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

they hosed up so bad by shoving him into the limelight

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://twitter.com/schelzig/status/1645564667312369667?s=20

they hosed up so, so, so, so bad

Kith fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 11, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Did they? What consequences will the Republicans face?

Judgy Fucker posted:

They have to be in the same, very large room as an angry Black man

But in all seriousness, none of course. That tweet earlier that said "this is the end of the Republican supermajority" was laughable. Giving these two guys a national spotlight will help their political careers, but in the long run is not going to affect the GOP one bit.

my commentary about them loving up is not about immediate consequences for the GOP, it's about how they made a massive unforced error and gave their opponents an enormous PR win for zero gain. basically it's this:

Sax Mortar posted:

Best I can think of is that they put two young and (so far) seemingly legitimately good men in the national spotlight that we almost certainly wouldn't have heard otherwise. Time will tell based on what they're able to do with said spotlight.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

same boat here tbh. i voted third party a few times because i bought into the hype of True Democracy, but at some point the reality sank in that outside of local politics it's always been the lesser of two evils and it's always going to be the lesser of two evils. better to vote against encroaching fascism than to piss into the wind for a moral victory.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Blind Pineapple posted:

went outside and shot him again.

jesus christ i hadn't heard this part. what the gently caress

e:

Twincityhacker posted:

the victem only got help after the fourth place he went to made him lie down on the ground with his hands up.

WHAT???????? tHE gently caress????????????????????????

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

What are you arguing besides "drat I'd love to pay lots more than what airlines charge to spend days gazin at the scenery between Boston and Seattle?"

Do you happen to have a source comparing train costs to airline costs?

If you do, does it happen to cover the environmental difference between the two?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/jackmjenkins/status/1650531186970591232

Post is reporting that him talking all that poo poo that came out in discovery is what did it, but I don't buy that.

i would. what do conservatives hate more than someone being "uppity"?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

not having all of the money/power. there's so many conservatives who are happy to put up with awful people for the sake of the grift. It feels hard to imagine Fox would get rid of a big cash cow over something petty. On the other hand, maybe they know people will watch the channel regardless if the person telling them what they want to hear constantly looks dumbfounded or not

sure, but carlson bad-mouthed his masters. it's not unknown for self-absorbed monsters to torpedo their own interests simply because they weren't shown proper deference.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bernie did the best he could. While it was good enough in a lot of ways, it wasn't good enough for the presidency. Would I rather live in a world where he got elected? Sure. But that's not this world, and I'm not upset that he's just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

is it bloodlust to want someone to perish peacefully by natural causes and/or old age

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yawgmoft posted:

The next person who talks about dieting or BMI is getting banned.

That's a pretty heavy punishment. :dadjoke:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

5 dead in Texas 'execution-style' shooting, suspect armed with AR-15 is on the loose

quote:

Police said they believe the massacre occurred after neighbors asked the suspect to stop shooting his gun in the front yard because there was a baby trying to sleep.

i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

ever since the Secret Service showed up on Lowtax's doorstep

wasn't that confirmed to be a bunch of bullshit that richie made up for ???????? reasons

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Jeff himself confirmed it. I believe he has posted it publicly as well.

today i learned an incredible fact: the secret service has an SA account.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BiggerBoat posted:

A LOT of people, but maybe not enough (yet), remain INCREDIBLY fired about Donald Trump, for reasons that mostly escape me.

it's the racism

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the_steve posted:

In the alternate timeline where she actually put in an effort with the people she expected to vote for her, Trump would not have won.

didn't she write a book based on this premise

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jaxyon posted:

Do we? Not that I doubt he'd say something like that, but I wasn't aware there was a tape.

wouldn't surprise me either. he did that to bill barr just the other day, straight-up called him a "gutless pig"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

joe biden fuckin sucks for a hundred reasons but i'd rather have that than someone who is actively malicious and dangerous for a million reasons. this does not mean i am happy about joe biden or enthusiastic about joe biden, it means i am willing to accept the lesser evil

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lots of things should not be for profit but the numbers must go up

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nobody normal gives a poo poo about Joe Manchin unless they're one of his constituents. If he goes Third Party, his performance will be on par with Ron DeSantis.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hakarne posted:

I feel like Politico could have phrased this better

no kidding, god that headline loving sucks

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mellow Seas posted:

To be fair, most people who go to Jacksonville want to leave within a few days.

was born there, left for a reason

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

once again surprised how biden doesn't suck as bad as he initially appeared to and was expected to

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also said that Climate Change wasn't real and that Greta Thunberg was "brainwashed".

Meat Loaf made some decent music once upon a time, but it's no shame that he's in the ground.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Gyges posted:

I don't think it's a matter of intelligence or even instinct. The secret is that Trump is fundamentally only out for Trump. He doesn't actually consider himself a Republican. Which is why he's "free" to poo poo all over any Republican politician, position, or action that normal politicians would be unable to. He's not trying to build up allies and partnerships for future actions and he has no ideology to advance.

Any free floating agent of chaos could do it. He's just the only one who is funded by his own cult instead of some billionaire.

The other part of it is that Trump is just loving mean. He's a crass, cruel, hateful bully because that's all he's ever wanted to be and nothing has ever required him to be anything else. Every other slimy humanoid bag of wasps at least pretends to participate in decorum, but Trump has been able to indulge his most hostile behaviors for his entire life and when he goes on the attack it's genuine in ways that they can't even fathom.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jaxyon posted:

They want less fighting, but immediately tried to set you off.

Got it.

It sounds more like they just don't want to have to constantly defend their values. White middle class Americans would love it if the minorities just simmered down so they didn't have to think about politics as much, as is their priviilege.

As someone who grew up in the South and was surrounded by people like that: that kinda poo poo isn't about picking fights, it's about testing the water to see if a stranger is worth talking to. Does it suck? Absolutely. Do folks immediately drop it if it doesn't stick and talk to you normally afterwards? Almost always. Having "thick skin" is an appreciated cultural thing in many poor working-class areas.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Whatever floats your boat.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PhazonLink posted:

or you could not be an a-hole on first meetings?

That's certainly an ideal solution, but unfortunately the "tough love" and "jus' kiddin'" forms of Overly Familiar Playful Rudeness are deeply rooted in many cultures of this country of ours.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Online also sets a hard expectation for immediate response and engagement with whatever is going on, so you’re already primed to fire a hot take as fast as possible. Teenagers I work with (high school + college) tell me part of what makes the social media experience so miserable for people in high school is the expectation that you will post to make your position clear and that not posting within a certain window signals that you’re choosing not to care about whatever is going on, all of which affects friendships and relationships about as seriously as one’s actions when you’re socializing in person. It sounds absolutely wretched.

the saddest part is that this kinda poo poo isn't even new. for me it was myspace in middle school, facebook in highschool. hell, i've seen promising relationships vaporize because of a private profile or lack of a status "confirming" that someone was dating. social media has always been ridiculously toxic because everything about it is engineered to create bubbles of information that seem all-encompassing, which then cause people to make hostile assumptions if others aren't engaged on the same level.

in short, social media is this tweet writ large:

https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1137068315229208578?s=20

Kith fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 21, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Did trump ever go back to twitter? If not, I’m amazed that his truth social contract is the first he’s ever actually honored.

trump is a spiteful little poo poo and that's a much more compelling motivator than the attention he's currently getting

he's also keeping it in his back pocket for whenever he feels like dominating a news cycle

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this title sure is, uh

something

e: if you're trying to free up characters for something else , you could cut "twinks". "cum dump twinks" is repeating yourself, really

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

reignonyourparade posted:

Twinks is the part you gotta keep, it'd give an entirely different vibe if it didn't clarify you're not talking about lady cum dumps.

That's true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I don't want people loving in the same shared work space that I use. Not gonna blow my own cum on my keyboard much less type in someone else's cum.

Sorry for being a weirdo.

Nothing wrong with wanting boundaries or having boundaries.