Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hello and welcome to the new spring 2023 thread, a few days later than I said I was going to.

Just a note to people who may be looking around in your bookmarks, the current D&D feedback thread will be closing soon, as in probably by tomorrow. Please take a look if you wish to add your own voice. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027877&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

As a reminder, all of the rules for D&D apply in this thread. There is no need for american exceptionalism here.

I would like to highlight this post from the last page of the old USCE because it could be effecting you, the shut-in goon.

A big flaming stink posted:

we have another latex chemical extravaganza

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1640068953576816641

whats more interesting is that another citywide text got sent out after the first one, assuring people that Baxter water treatment plant concluded that its water was safe to drink until at least monday at midnight

this is the coverage of water treatment plants in philly. not a single word has been mentioned of the other treatment plants besides baxter

moreover philly water has gone radio silent after saying that'd provide a 5pm update

https://twitter.com/PhillyH2O/status/1640083097117917186

bottled water is completely sold out throughout the city, and people are pissed because either they think the city made them spend money on water for no reason, or they think the city is lying to people to prevent further panic

fortunately the absolute fools didnt buy out the bottled seltzer at the stores, so me and my cat's drinking water is secure

e: this thread is a sum-up of the details of the accident, apparently the chemicals are the exact same that were spilled in east palestine

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1640169722120400896

In happier news, pickleball is coming. You can't stop it. Have any goons
played it, or it just an op? I do know anyone who has actually played it.

quote:

But he said CityPickle had only a one-year commitment for the rink. “Our sense is that pickleball has real staying power and there is a deficit of opportunities in the city and this could become a longer-term thing, but we’re flexible,” he said. Still, he added, “right now we’re just looking forward to a great summer of pickleball.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kith posted:

i demand constantly rotating thread titles or this has all been for naught

I really will try to keep up, but sometimes I get lazy, or I forget. If a really good one gets there I would like to keep it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CuddleCryptid posted:

I agree with this quite a bit, although I think that there's a few points from my side of things

1) People are holding onto houses for longer so you end up with neighborhoods with wildly different demographics in it. I like my neighbors but also they're like 65 years old and not really good at MarioKart. But at the same time I can rely on them when push comes to shove and they can rely on me.

2) A lot of the issue with your immediate neighbors is that if you don't put effort into maintaining a positive relationship with them then your only experiences will be when there is a problem, and if every conversation with a person is a negative one then you aren't likely to go out of your way to improve your relationship.

I see the same thing in the houses I grew up in. My stepmom/dad and stepdad/mom both live in the same town, in different neighborhoods for 30-40 years. One neighborhood has more people moving in/out because it is right next to an elementary school so kids can walk to school and back, the other is far enough away that elementary school kids need to be driven/get the school bus (I mean, maybe some could but second graders walking a half hour to school isn't common here) so there has been less change. One stays younger, one just gets older and older, at least from my perspective.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

my opinion on everything: lol

there will be no further statements

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gatts posted:

Don’t countries always spy on each other anyway? Even if allies?

yes but you should still get offended if they are stupid enough to be caught.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Discendo Vox posted:

https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/status/1645954122628079616

He's black, he's not a visible psychopath, and as his recent SotU response indicates, a well-coached but not particularly striking or skilled speaker. I think he'd struggle to generate R turnout. That's even leaving Trump out of the equation.

Scott has said he isn't running again in 2028. He's not under re-election in 24, so why not just go for it if it can't actually help you and you can sell some books through a money laundering schemeget your voice out there to the people?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sundae posted:

Here's the example I like to go with for things like this. Look at the size of Sweet & Low. Each packet is exactly 1g. A gram of 100% glucose is ~4 calories. Now, don't get me wrong... Sweet & Low is substantially sweeter than one gram of sugar. It serves its purpose as an artificial sweetener that is equivalent (in sweetness) to far more calories of sugar than are in Sweet & Low. However, that doesn't stop them from lying on the label anyway.

This is why if you want to go with a non-calorie sweetener you should use those liquid dropper ones, (which I am going to assume with no research) does not have all of that filler. I don't know if those little tablet dispensers (which I don't usually see around in the US but were more common to see in the EU) are just like the whole packet squished together or also have less dextrose filler.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Perhaps we can avoid the "liberals liberals liberals" chat this morning, please?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I am happy good things happened today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

gently caress off ron