Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Note: Chuck died on the way back to his home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
He who sneeds it, be who feeds it

(formerly chuck)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The joke is a subtle one. Krusty tells Bart and Lisa he used to co-own a race horse with Bette Midler. The horse is a portmanteau of their names, "Krudler". This is clever because it preemptively subverts any expectation of what it's name would be before the audience even considers the possibility it would be a portmanteau. "Why wouldn't it be a good combination of their names like 'Betty' or 'Betsy'," you think to yourself as you mull the name over for the next few seconds during the boring plot exposition that follows.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the seasons when the show was in its prime are incredible

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chinatown posted:

the seasons when the show was in its prime are incredible

The show will still be running long after anyone who saw them when they first air has died and the existence of "the prime seasons" of the Simpsons are just a legend that few still believe ever actually were.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Tap’s Fap and Slap

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's calling u a bitch

Me too

I'm calling op a bitch :twisted:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

biznatchio posted:

Note: Chuck died on the way back to his home planet.

Every other character on the screen should be asking, "where's Chuck?"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Chuck is dead, his livelihood and life's work hastily taken over and rebranded. The joke is the ephemeral mortality of Man; try though we might, we cannot escape the conqueror worm, and one day all our works will be naught.

Also the rhyming in Sneed's Feed & Seed, if copied over to Chuck's, would be Chuck's gently caress & Suck, which is also funny. But mostly the memento mori thing.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
It might also be a double entendre, as "seed" is sometimes used to mean "semen". Pretty clever imo.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

goons gently caress and suck

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

how exactly does one seed a feed?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

how exactly does one seed a feed?

You put seeds into a feed. ...I'm not sure how much simpler it can be explained!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

pencilhands posted:

goons gently caress and suck

wayfair master

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Don't feel ashamed, there is no requirement for a rhyming scheme in store names! Degenerate perverts use their vile imaginations to twist God's own farm supply stores into wicked sinful dens of lust. Truly, such a rural American community wouldn't tolerate such a flagrantly immoral and illegal storefront. The very idea is so laughable that joke can only be a total failure. Maybe in Commifornia where whores pedal their wares so openly could this "joke" be written. Springfield Middle America? Unthinkable.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Kilbas posted:

make less threads

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Trump’s Pump & Dump

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lurk more

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

pencilhands posted:

I don’t get what the joke is supposed to be here. Chuck’s feed and seed?

Chuck liked to molest the neighbors and got lynched. Now, they only reference him as a joke.

It's a call back to S1 E2 where the neighborhood kids all got abducted and eaten.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

It's from the long running animated series The Simpsons OP

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The joke is in the corner.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

this is how cannabis dispensaries worked before legalization, op. you couldn't just put "weed store" in the sign or the cops would show up, so instead you'd use a bunch of words that rhyme with weed, so that those in the know, know where to go.. but johnny law thinks it's just a farm supply store.

this is called dog whistling. or, in some part of the country, speaking easy (which is why these establishments are also called "speakeasies"). in any case, the point of the scene is simply informing us where homer simpson purchases his cannabis products.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Earwicker posted:

another possibility is that chuck and sneed are the same person. chuck had the idea that if he changed his name to one that rhymed with feed and seed, it would stick in people's heads and help his business grow. at first he couldn't think of such a name, but then he just decided to make one up, and better yet he came up with a funny sounding one like "sneed", which is so provocative that it was featured in an episode of the simpsons and is still being discussed by the intelligentsia here today, a half century later.

Or maybe it just didn't occur to Chuck Sneed to use his last name instead of his first in the name of his store until one of his relatives brought it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
OP is actually a machine learning model asking for free training

https://twitter.com/mask_bastard/status/1640054516790747139