Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It was funny when the instant the manga got more interesting side characters, the ones Senku started with just literally hosed off for an entire like two arcs.

i like in manga when characters get demoted like that. like saki started with a dude who was treated a co-protagonist and then within 12 chapters he was demoted to getting tacos and never having lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

i like in manga when characters get demoted like that. like saki started with a dude who was treated a co-protagonist and then within 12 chapters he was demoted to getting tacos and never having lines

I think he still gets a line or so per appearance as a reminder that he existed, but nothing beyond that so as not to disturb the garden of lesbians and fanservice that Ritz has created

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

There are men in Saki?!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least half the cast have dads

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Koirhor posted:

Hopefully something interesting happens in this back half of gundam schoolyard battles

Lots of interesting things will, because this is a good gundam series

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

even in bad gundam series interesting things usually happen

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Someone invent me a time machine faster than my bed to get me to Sunday.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Suzera posted:

Someone invent me a time machine faster than my bed to get me to Sunday.

Have you tried da j00se?

Caution: May result in you in fact skipping a couple of months and discovering that you've entered a voodoo contract to take the next decade's worth of Studio Mappa animator injuries upon yourself.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/danzilla93_gnp/status/1641469979903008771?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Dang. RIP to a real one.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Started watching the first season of the bear show, and I’ve been enjoying it so far. The setup/plot/etc is just some pretty generic isekai stuff, but the MC is cool and interesting and the bears are cute.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Continuing:
1. Gay Gundam (golfless version)
2. Dr Stone maybe

Giving 3ep trial:
1. Otaku Elf
2. My Clueless First Friend
3. Kawaisugi Crisis
4. Raeliana etc.
5. Galaxy Next Door

LETS loving GOOOOOOOOO:
1. Skip and Loafer
2. Insomniacs After School

requesting :siren: for Loafskipper and Insomnia. motive: they're sick as hell

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

SexyBlindfold posted:

requesting :siren: for Loafskipper and Insomnia. motive: they're sick as hell

Seconded

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I can’t believe I missed insomniacs after school in the list… thirded

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Justin_Brett posted:

Suletta and Mash premiere on my birthday weekend! :buddy:
You should probably be careful, Suletta doesn't have a great track record with birthdays.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I didn't realize the last half of Isekai Uncle got out of Netflix Jail!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

what's on deck for the first anime of Spring

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GateOfD posted:

Bears and isekai and yuri.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m gonna check out Hell’s Paradise

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

GateOfD posted:

today i'm going to check out heavenly delusion, hell's paradise, and the level 999 romance thing

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 1, 2023

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GateOfD posted:

Mix season 2 has started up and heck, it's as great as I expected it to be.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh, the kaguya movie got released

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

GateOfD posted:

oh, the kaguya movie got released

crunchyroll is doing a staggered release and the second half comes out on the 2nd, apparently. i'm just waiting for that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Southern Cassowary posted:

crunchyroll is doing a staggered release and the second half comes out on the 2nd, apparently. i'm just waiting for that.

Are you saying they only released half a movie?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are you saying they only released half a movie?

that's what it looks like to me. it's also split into four episodes for some reason? i'm hoping this makes sense when i watch it.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/03/31/watch-kaguya-sama-love-is-war-the-first-kiss-that-never-ends-on-crunchyroll

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Southern Cassowary posted:

that's what it looks like to me. it's also split into four episodes for some reason? i'm hoping this makes sense when i watch it.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/03/31/watch-kaguya-sama-love-is-war-the-first-kiss-that-never-ends-on-crunchyroll

My assumption would be that it was edited like that for a tv broadcast in japan and that's what Crunchyroll got the rights to stream.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Episode one of Tengoku Daimakyou (Heavenly Delusion) is out, and first impressions are good.

For those not familiar with the manga, it consists of two parallel plot lines. In one, a boy named Maru and his bodyguard Kiruko are making their way through post-apocalyptic Japan, encountering dangerous monsters and desperate survivors as they search for a place called "Heaven". The other plot line focuses on a walled-off school with a small body of specially gifted students, including a girl named Tokio who looks exactly like Maru. There's quite a bit of action in the Maru/Kiruko part especially, but it's a mystery show first and foremost; why do Maru and Tokio look alike, what's the goal of the scientists running the school, and who are the people Kiruko is looking for? The manga is a good mix of mystery, action, and comedy, and although it has a couple of eyebrow-raising plot points (really curious to see if and how the anime handles those), it doesn't have any of the edginess that the monster-infested post-apocalyptic setting might suggest.

The adaptation looks good so far in terms of animation and voice work, so check it out maybe?

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Sequel announced for Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
https://twitter.com/ccsakura_info/status/1642119619761799169?s=20

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I have no idea if Hell’s Paradise is going to turn out well, but I loved the weird flower stuff in the first episode.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

heavenly delusion good. love the art direction in the outside world. good rapport and VA performances for the main two. quality stuff

hells paradise seems like a workmanlike adaptation rather than a flashy one, first episode was all prologue though so not much to judge yet

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

cave emperor posted:

Episode one of Tengoku Daimakyou (Heavenly Delusion) is out, and first impressions are good.

I just watched this as well as Hell's Paradise and Lv999 title is too long for me to call it anything other than Lv999.

Heavenly Delusion: I didn't read the manga but your impressions pretty much mirror mine with the twin plots and mystery around the lookalikes. This seems like it could be great, I love the way it looks and the way they're handling writing the intrigue around whatever happened to the world. My only complaint was a bit of a skeevy vibe with stuff like Maru and Kiruko calling themselves siblings and having to play it off awkwardly and the bath scene and I was wondering if the writing was going to go in a direction I'd find unpleasant just based on that, so I'm kind of curious what you mean by eyebrow-raising plot points.

Hell's Paradise: Haven't read the manga. I liked the first episode and think there's an opportunity for a cool shounen about a guy dealing with the trauma of being a murderer and trying to escape that life as well as some aesthetic pull (flowers!) for Shinsenkyo, but it could just be a very generic shounen with a battle royale theme on a tropical island and I'm not sure how ambitious it is yet. Looking forward to finding out for myself.

Lv999: A college-aged girl who reminded me a lot of Marin from My Dress-Up Darling gets broken up with by her BF who plays an MMO that's very reminiscent of FF14 after taking it up herself, then meets a pro gamer both in the game and in real life. I liked that the female lead is the main focus and the MMO hook is going to land for me because I played too much WoW back in the day, but I ended up kind of not feeling the first episode because the animation/score is kind of eh and the male lead is incredibly dull. The episode ends with her getting drunk and waking up in his apartment which is sort of a gross plot point also but I'm just assuming he ends up being a perfect angel about it. Going to give it another episode to see if they grow the characters or anything but I think I end up dropping this in the end.

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 1, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The main thing I've heard, negatively, about Heavenly Delusion and what I assume everyone is being oblique about (I'm seeing it in a bunch of places) is the inclusion of sexual assault. Having done some searching it involves the following characters (Kiruko and Robin) and happens in or around manga chapter 32.

So it seems like something the anime might get to but who knows how it'll be executed if so.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Exia posted:

Sequel announced for Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
https://twitter.com/ccsakura_info/status/1642119619761799169?s=20

Am I the only seeing "The following content may contain sensitive material" warning on the pic?

Am I misrembering CCS?

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
It pops up for me as well, I don’t know why, but twitter is such a mess that I just assume it’s got something to do with that. Unless magical girls are something twitter is trying to warn us against

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Probably some kind of auto-flag for the colors (pink) and there's nobody on staff to review it.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

They started filtering certain words and it wouldn't surprise me if their system misidentified it as the trans pride flag.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Dangers in my Heart anime is out. They seem to have Ichikawa's borderline uncomfortable awkwardness down.

Yamada-kun also out. Akane is a mess and it's great, but nothing super explosive as of yet when compared to Chihayafuru or Ore Monogatari.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Am I the only seeing "The following content may contain sensitive material" warning on the pic?

Am I misrembering CCS?

I mean, her parents' relationship probably wouldn't be legal in the states but aside from that, mostly okay.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Am I misrembering CCS?
twitter randomly flags a lot of stuff for no particular reason, and once an account is flagged it cannot be unflagged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Heavenly Delusion sounds like a korean series dealing with culivation