Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Kwyndig posted:

It seems like every time I blink there's a new season of that show. I mean season 7, how many LNs do they have left to adapt?

It's been 6 years since the last one. They've done 70~ of 100+ chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

yay

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

when new season of Minami-ke, since we're apparently going back to the 2005~ era of animes

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Kwyndig posted:

It seems like every time I blink there's a new season of that show. I mean season 7, how many LNs do they have left to adapt?

they could go to season 9 with what's out now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mashle gets a S2 selection arc in 2024 :stoked:

I hope it keeps getting dumber. This last episode was great.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Big Leg posted:

unfortunately, based on the first 12 episodes, the nurse and the arcade owner are approximately 100x cooler than the main characters in the show

that's ok with me. I enjoy the MCs well enough. we are only up to episode 3 and they just introduced the arcade owner who does indeed seem cooler.

overall it's pretty cute and chill so far, I can see the female lead getting kind of stale after a while if it stays static but 12 episodes is short enough that I'm not sure it'll get to that point.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
When new thread? Wanna talk about Yoshiko's new fantasy adventure that diverges from its manga version from the get go.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

When new thread? Wanna talk about Yoshiko's new fantasy adventure that diverges from its manga version from the get go.

Someone promised it days ago but then vanished. :colbert:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xelkelvos posted:

Sorry, I got busy at the beginning of the week, then lazy the last few days. It's almost done, so I'll finish it either tonight or tomorrow at the latest .

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

symbolic posted:

i dipped out of it around halfway but basically yeah

Didn't even make it past three for me. One of those shows that's not actively bad, just that it doesn't feel like anyone was doing more than minimum effort.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1675271208751841282?t=vPWewLA4BhiSE-gzP0M37Q&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can't think of a better match.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

bunch of new animes today.

gonna check out the office romcom, and the horimiya spin-off?/sidestory?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

bunch of new animes today.

gonna check out the office romcom, and the horimiya spin-off?/sidestory?

Sidestory is probably the correct term since the series is all of the more notable events that they fast forwarded past in the main series.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The shows I've decided to try will start rolling out beginning tomorrow, though I may be in mourning all that day for the end of Suletta Sundays. :sadwave:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Trigger seems perfect for Panty & Stocking

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, I certainly hope they are, they were literally founded by the director of Panty and Stocking

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm just happy for "Delicious In Dungeon." I hope the screening went well for them.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Unless Netflix is airing that weekly, I'm not happy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/FateSF_Anime_EN/status/1675347356013690882

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And the dub is union! Huzzah!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
A-1 and not Ufotable, eh?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

goddamn bang dream my go loving owns. i implore all of you to watch it. ep 1 opens with a band breaking up and then it and ep 2 are good slightly downbeat light high school drama + getting started with a band stuff but ep 3 is just an entire pov ep from the autistic-coded character. like the entire thing is just from their eyeline, you only see their face in mirrors/reflections and stuff. they place a lot of emphasis on them looking off to the side/down to the floor and the small moments where they do actually meet someones eyes and how much that means to them, the way noises and visuals around them sort of blur together but which ones stick out and why, leading up to the ep 1 opening scene from their perspective as the band breaks up. its some really inventive directing that really takes advantage of being a 3dcg show. highly recommend even if you arent familiar with bang dream.

only real caveat is they do a tiny bit of 'wow i love *band from previous season/the game*' but its like literally 3-4 lines and makes sense in universe, just slightly goofy.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

AlternateNu posted:

A-1 and not Ufotable, eh?

the random spin off fates have always been spread around a bunch of other studios

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also ufotable is still in the Yaiba mines

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Waffleman_ posted:

Also ufotable is still in the Yaiba mines

Yeah, but Yaiba is ending and a show being "in development" doesn't necessarily mean the animators are currently being lashed to their drawing tables.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hope after Horimiya Piece finishes airing
there be a list of chronological order to fit it into the main series.
I read the manga, so it be nice to see the rest they skipped animated, since i liked some of the side characters a bit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah, but Yaiba is ending and a show being "in development" doesn't necessarily mean the animators are currently being lashed to their drawing tables.

Yaiba ends when Aniplex says it ends

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Endorph posted:

goddamn bang dream my go loving owns. i implore all of you to watch it. ep 1 opens with a band breaking up and then it and ep 2 are good slightly downbeat light high school drama + getting started with a band stuff but ep 3 is just an entire pov ep from the autistic-coded character. like the entire thing is just from their eyeline, you only see their face in mirrors/reflections and stuff. they place a lot of emphasis on them looking off to the side/down to the floor and the small moments where they do actually meet someones eyes and how much that means to them, the way noises and visuals around them sort of blur together but which ones stick out and why, leading up to the ep 1 opening scene from their perspective as the band breaks up. its some really inventive directing that really takes advantage of being a 3dcg show. highly recommend even if you arent familiar with bang dream.

only real caveat is they do a tiny bit of 'wow i love *band from previous season/the game*' but its like literally 3-4 lines and makes sense in universe, just slightly goofy.

is that the one they released music videos for a while back?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Megamissen posted:

is that the one they released music videos for a while back?

they did release mygo MVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIXi6zzCls

but just to be clear you might be thinking of girls band cry, an entirely original girls band anime with no relation to bang dream or any other franchise. that ones coming later, not airing this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgoRQSPS-3Y

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Endorph posted:

they did release mygo MVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIXi6zzCls

but just to be clear you might be thinking of girls band cry, an entirely original girls band anime with no relation to bang dream or any other franchise. that ones coming later, not airing this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgoRQSPS-3Y

yeah i was thinking of the other one

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

Yeah that episode was just really great. Not only one of the best Bandori episodes but probably one the best 3d anime episodes period. Just great direction and mood

Also I love how the show isn't afraid to linger on shots to see just how hurt/emotional the cast is. Like a shot of Soyo hands fidgeting when Tomori was brought up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah that episode was just really great. Not only one of the best Bandori episodes but probably one the best 3d anime episodes period. Just great direction and mood

Also I love how the show isn't afraid to linger on shots to see just how hurt/emotional the cast is. Like a shot of Soyo hands fidgeting when Tomori was brought up.
i like how theres a few shots in ep 1 and 2 that just linger on tomori staring at something unblinking, without any expression on her face, like shes sort of 'loading' her response. its a pretty common neurodivergent thing and they hit the timing perfectly so that its something you can notice without feeling exaggerated

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

im two minutes into episode one and tomoris visible discomfort and making herself slightly smaller at 1:25 was very realistic
same with her looking away briefly when she starts speaking
just like me fr

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I knew I'd like Yohane spin off cause I like Love Live but the first 2 episodes are really good in ways that feel different from typical love live beyond this being a fantasy spin off. It's extra silly but not in a way that takes you out of the world and Yohane is a really great lead and with her being the focus you have something that is really different than the actual main series. Yohane's original gag of being someone that hides her normal feelings behind Chuuni bluster 100% works for a lead and is being fleshed out in really interesting ways

Plus also a real good dog. I would pet the dog and go questing with it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Fate/Strange Fake out.
its no ufotable, but it does look pretty and clean

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I watched Tiny Senpai. She is both tiny and a senpai.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

there's been office romcoms out there, might stay another episode on Tiny Senpai. Weak part is that the guy in the story is so weak. I like a bit more back and forth between the leads. Similar to either Love is Hard for Otaku, or Servant x Service. Or even the other one with the shortie kouhai with the green hair

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ufotable ftl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
A1 Fate stuff is as much part of its series identity as ufotable at this point, and it's good.