Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

With an upgraded shiekah suit you can basically run directly at any critter and grab them before they run away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

codo27 posted:

I've found cash to be pretty rare so far. And I hate killing animals unless they attack me so I never have a ton of meat.

You're being too nice. They are video game animals that magically respawn. MURDER THEM FOR THEIR MEAT.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I'm also a big fan of the sheikah armor as my default just running around outfit. It's extremely easy to upgrade. You end up grabbing critters left and right without really trying.

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 21, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

codo27 posted:

I've found cash to be pretty rare so far. And I hate killing animals unless they attack me so I never have a ton of meat. Do you ever get a bug net to make catching dragonflies and fairies easier?

One of the sources for gourmet meat is the bears in the cold weather northwest part of the map. They'll attack you.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Realizing I can ride the bears in BOTW was one of the greatest moments I think I've ever had in a videogame

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

It's a shame BoTW didn't introduce fishing proper into the game instead of just diving in the water and dashing after them. OoT had fishing. There's no excuse! Imagine in ToTK you could build a bass boat for the lakes or a trawler for the sea. I want shrimp boat captain Link. I want Link the lobsterman. Wicked Tuna Link. I want all the fish Links!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I want all the fish Links!

Calm down there, Mipha

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Link is reduced to noodling or using shock fruit. The most shameful forms of fishing.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

There’s always shooting the fish with arrows

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My father was a fisherman. I've lived by the ocean all my life. I've caught big Atlantic cod. Let me just say, gently caress Fishing in Videogames.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Firing an electric arrow into a pond and seeing all the fish rise dead to the surface like that scene in the Simpsons Movie was quite a hilarious discovery

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Farming raw gourmet meat and cooking 5 into a skewer is pretty lucrative.

Also you can make some quick cash selling clothing you don't want.

Buying gear from the Landing poe daddy and selling it immediately is great if you have a lot of poes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

codo27 posted:

My father was a fisherman. I've lived by the ocean all my life. I've caught big Atlantic cod. Let me just say, gently caress Fishing in Videogames.

I agree, but for completely different reasons. Fishing, mining, planting and harvesting, crafting: these are all Chores, and I play video games to escape Chores.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

You're being too nice. They are video game animals that magically respawn. MURDER THEM FOR THEIR MEAT.

What next, deforesting Hyrule just because the trees start punching me? Not in THIS role play!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It's a shame BoTW didn't introduce fishing proper into the game instead of just diving in the water and dashing after them. OoT had fishing. There's no excuse! Imagine in ToTK you could build a bass boat for the lakes or a trawler for the sea. I want shrimp boat captain Link. I want Link the lobsterman. Wicked Tuna Link. I want all the fish Links!

What do you mean. Botw absolutely has proper fishing, in that I can throw fuckin bombs into the water and a bunch of dead fish float to the surface

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Docjowles posted:

What do you mean. Botw absolutely has proper fishing, in that I can throw fuckin bombs into the water and a bunch of dead fish float to the surface

Proper fishing with bombs would result in the fish being launched into the air and raining down on you :colbert:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Man, these Yiga guys are a pushover. They musta intended for me to come to Gerudo first? What do you mean I cant take on all the guards at once? Oh gently caress

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

For me, I hated the Yiga in BoTW. Once you beat their questline, they just show up everywhere, all the goddamn time. Every time I encountered a road they'd poof in and fight me. It was goddamned annoying. In ToTK, it's kinda the same, but you can at least wear their armor and confuse them into not attacking you. I ended up mainly wearing that armor throughout the game any time I had to travel on the surface. I also ended up warping to places much more often in ToTK. At least I got some interesting interactions out of wearing it in certain situations. I really wish there was some way to turn the encounters off once they become annoying 5 second speed bumps to your enjoyment of the scenery. I already have like 150 bananas, I don't need more.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Finally got the final shrine last night, feels good man. The lightroot trick helped a lot, but even then there were a few I never ever would have found without google. Hard to find cave entrance that's 100 miles from the associated shrine, or sky islands so high I didn't even know they were there. Not complaining, just saying some of them are real drat hard to find and if anyone has actually gotten all 152 with no hints I am very impressed. The reward is kinda weird but cool. At least it's less stupid than the lightroot participation trophy.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I always liked the Yiga popping up because it meant a free long-range bow.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've always been a Yiga fan, they're certainly the faction I'd join if I were transported to Hyrule. In a world where the median NPC is at real risk of drowning when it rains and the smartest among them are barely able to think of how to get down a big hole, they've got outposts and industrial production of war materiel going in those very same depths. The fact that they're annoying means they're doing their job well! The ambushes are really dumb because their orders were to fit in with the people around them, and even when I knew to expect them they still got me at least once, in a way that was one of the highlights of my playthrough.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still salty about that chicken.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Also, they’ve got a pretty sympathetic backstory too. They’re the Sheikah who refused to give up technology back in the day, and told the king who forced the rest of them to eat poo poo. It’s unfortunate that they started worshipping Ganon, but they do get a cool redemption arc in AoC, so there’s hope for them yet

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Kohga loving owned in AoC and TotK

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How many shrines in BotW?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm still salty about that chicken.
yeah i got completely hornswoggled by that

t:mad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wanted it to be true so bad, I was the classic mark

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

codo27 posted:

How many shrines in BotW?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

OTOH the Stalnox cloth is very disappointing.
Have you used it at night? It's by far my favorite to the point that I stopped bothering to get anything else once I got it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I like the gleeok cloth.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Eiba posted:

Have you used it at night? It's by far my favorite to the point that I stopped bothering to get anything else once I got it.
The Addison also does this and it's bonkers, way more aggressive than the stalnox one and I will never use a different cloth

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fifty Three posted:

The Addison also does this and it's bonkers, way more aggressive than the stalnox one and I will never use a different cloth

This one was also my favorite, it's so good.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Eiba posted:

Oh poo poo I haven't and probably wouldn't have if you didn't give me a heads up. I'll check it out after work, thanks!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Kohga loving owned in AoC and TotK

Kohga is Fantasy Elon

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Asterite34 posted:

Kohga is Fantasy Elon

lmao

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've gone and done it alright. Eventide. I've killed everything, even the hinox cheesed it by throwing bombs from the nearby elevated platform. Trying to figure out how to get the slate off the final altar and I use a bomb to detonate one of the explosive barrels. The orb was too close by and it went right down to the ocean. Why would they let you do that?

I've been able to get it halfway up the hill but I can't find any other paths I don't slip on, can't throw it anywhere useful. I remembered the trick with using force on an object locked in stasis but it doesn't seem enough. What a rip

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Can you get a blood moon during Eventide? I don't remember.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

codo27 posted:

I've gone and done it alright. Eventide. I've killed everything, even the hinox cheesed it by throwing bombs from the nearby elevated platform. Trying to figure out how to get the slate off the final altar and I use a bomb to detonate one of the explosive barrels. The orb was too close by and it went right down to the ocean. Why would they let you do that?

I've been able to get it halfway up the hill but I can't find any other paths I don't slip on, can't throw it anywhere useful. I remembered the trick with using force on an object locked in stasis but it doesn't seem enough. What a rip

Skill issue

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

mastajake posted:

Can you get a blood moon during Eventide? I don't remember.

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Turns out if you blast it far enough from shore it resets in its original place