Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm excited but still not pre-BOTW excited. I remember when this trailer dropped in 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
...and I immediately preordered a switch and the game right after watching it. I really hope they release a trailer with this level of hype to it and show a bit more about the world and story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't want them to show everything but I'm still surprised we're this close to release and still don't know much besides some of the new mechanics and the fact that there's skylands.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't know how you incorporate dungeons in the same way into a game like botw. I don't see how they would do item rewards in each dungeon like previously (bow, hookshot, etc) but maybe they find some way to evolve that, or heck bring back neat items that still allow cool effects but don't gate progression?

I say all this hoping there are dungeons again, though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

Hands up all of my fellow friends who will be playing this on a Switch Lite!

Please, no more apparatus puzzles.

I hated these with any control scheme.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

I'm a bit surprised they didn't announce DLC or a season pass.

Could it be that they don't intend to offer DLC finally?

Nah man Nintendo gonna milk you dry

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Fortis posted:

I kind of hope not just because I've beaten BotW at least 8 or 9 times and burnt out partway into my latest playthrough, and haven't felt like picking it up again. I don't want to replay the game (including all 120 shrines and DLC) out of an obligation to FOMO.

same. I am on a 2nd or 3rd playthrough and don't want to touch it again before ToTK and my save is pretty...incomplete.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Hey, you know what game didn't reuse a map? Zelda 2.

It was just transposed

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I thought people were making a mountain out of a mole hill about the map until I looked up a comparison video. That is a bummer on one hand because botw's beauty was with the exploration and wonder. I'm sure there's tons of new stuff to see but I guess it makes sense if this is truly a sequel. It's weird for the franchise but it's still Zelda and I'm sure I'll like it no matter what anyway.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Oh I thought everyone was goofing and joking. Not even a little bit worried and stuff like this is why games shouldn't even show footage until the game is practically available for sale. How fun a game is half the game and half you, and you're never doing yourself favours idly dwelling on potential disappointments or impastabowl expectations.

I thought people were joking like it was the same map which I didn't expect to actually be true. :v: I think it'll be fine if it's familiar but different enough. I probably forgot half the poo poo anyway by now. I replayed twilight princess recently for the first time since it released and it was playing a brand new game. Granted that's like 15 years but still. :corsair:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

They've spent 5 years on it. Gonna give them benefit of the doubt that there's plenty of new content.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

tag yourself. I'm warlord garfield.

The Korok on a motorbike.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

One thing I do want is some sort of transmogrification/glamour system.

If the lucha libre costume returns, this won't be necessary

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Loucks posted:

This seems unlikely, but I've also played botw dozens of times. It owuld be cool if totk were so much better than botw that this could even be a consideration.

Also my lite dropped off a table and the right control stick broke. It looks like a huge hassle to fix, and I don't want to pay Nintendo $100. The old rear end normal switch I have doesn't seem to send an HDMI signal anymore due to being abused by a small child or years. Might end up finally buying an OLED for this stupid game. :homebrew:

Buy the part and ship it to me, I'll repair it. It does look like a pain to get everything apart but straight forward. I already have the tools and have already done the sticks in my Xbox controllers several times. I like to tinker with electronics but I'm no pro, full disclosure.

E:I don't have the stuff for the USB c port replacement.

But yeah buy the OLED too.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 4, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

goethe.cx posted:

Minish Cap honestly wasn't bad. I wouldn't mind the franchise resurrecting Vaati in some capacity

I played it for the first time on steam deck recently. I was amazed how great the visuals held up. I had an original non backlit GBA and never played it back then. I liked it a fair amount though. The puzzle piece things weren't great but they were interesting and something different at least. Somehow I finished it but not link between worlds (also tried for the first time recently). It felt like lttp (same map...uh oh) and having everything unlocked right at the start didn't give me a carrot to chase I guess. I don't think totk will make me feel the same way but it is funny to think about the similarities.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Can somebody who has beaten the story answer this in a non spoilery way? May be as simple as a yes or no. I've beaten 5 dungeons and gotten all the dragon tears at this point. Is there much more story left in the last dungeon and Ganon fight? I've been at this point doing side quests for the last 30 hours or so instead of finishing the game. Knowing there's more story might motivate me to beat it. That said I'm still having fun doing more shrines and exploring.

Seeing the light dragon still makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

This was what I needed. Beat it today. What a game.