Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Legend of Zelda? I barely know her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder how often we'll be pulling the camera low to see the sky to scan for islands or if you end up just on long sky adventures from island to island.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Augus posted:

the problem with nuts and bolts was that it was a racing game and not a “loving around exploring with your cool gadgets” game. the missions were really bad.

like I actually remember when the vehicles were revealed thinking it was a really cool idea to expand the scope of exploration but then I was let down when the game was mainly focused on really dull and repetitive time trials

this is why I think the devs probably excited to see another game try to incorporate the concept, they surely have their own ideas of what went wrong and right and what they'd design differently next time, if they were given one. I enjoyed the lego vehicle aspect of it a ton, had a lot of fun making weird things and just seeing if they work or function, but it was just idle fun since they almost never were specifically useful for races or the other stuff around. For the non-race activities your best bet was always to just make the most basic purple bucket with just as much structure and power and doohickies as required by that task. I ended up enjoying some of the worst tasks just because my abominations could is some very sloppy way get the job done of moving thingy from point A to B or whatever.

You also had to get out of your vehicle very often, but for nothing interesting. Mostly it's to talk to a Jinjos to get quests, press button, go through door, or sticking a box into your tray.

Curious to see some weird creations, I found this 13 year old video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMKUlwWq1tU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

when link is falling in sky in the demo, the ascend icon is greyed out but soon as he hits and goes under the water, the icon is green again but when he surfaces it goes gray... could it be... COULD IT BE

proper underwater exploration and you use the ascend to get back to the surface quickly?

I hope you get the Minecraft Trident that lets you launch high into the sky from any puddle or body of water

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should add a Korok toggle for brain geniuses who need harder puzzles. Solving simple calculus apple equations, write a persuasive grant proposal to the great deku tree, charming cryptography cipher problems generated for each save file so no cheating online.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They were going to announce TotK DLC but it got too vicious so it's going to be the next game instead.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This may be a controversial opinion, but I stand by this hot take:

I'm really looking forward to playing Tears of the Kingdom.

If you're looking forward to this game so much why don't you marry it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
married to the game
rupees on my chain

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Give Link a Codec so we can hear commentary from friends about each ingredient we pick up. Also give Link contextual reactions to dishes. Finally, give him camo options and legalize nukes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We already know the story because there is only one story worth telling, and that's of a special guy who had a lot to learn about managing friendship when youre a nomad with your 12 best friends, dealing with bullies, saving weddings, and ultimately sacrificing himself for every sin along the way.
If you want to spoil the story now, I encourage you to look up this special man and read his story and what he's personally done for your salvation: Tingle

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Can't believe they reused the map. Standard game development is to scrap all code and tear down your office and start fresh. No reusing code, hire new employees, nothing from the last game carries over

When they reused the graphics of OoT for Wind waker I was a little sad but held my tongue because it was the greatest Zelda game. Then they reused the LttP map for Link Between Worlds and I almost cried but held it back because it was a "fun game to play." Then when they announced they were reusing an unreleased BotW DLC to make another game I couldn't hold it back anymore and I cried so hard I don't even know what kind of political leadership to assign to the region required to hold the volume of my tears.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love to blow up rock or roll into patch of grass and fall into hole with some cool grotto underneath. Love a grotto.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is the special edition of the game with the book and everything sold out forever or something likely to restock?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mahoning posted:

I imagine you’d be able to find one on launch day if you head to your local Target/Best Buy/Walmart. I remember when BOTW came out and I wasn’t able to preorder the special edition with the case and stuff but I sent my wife to Target on launch day and they had a few.

Word, I'll have to try my luck that way!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Does this mean there was a Zonai Link or is it only Link when Hylians get the Hero virus

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Unavailable?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'd assume a calamity or their own hubris collapsed whatever empire and level of magic tech they had.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I thought people were making a mountain out of a mole hill about the map until I looked up a comparison video. That is a bummer on one hand because botw's beauty was with the exploration and wonder. I'm sure there's tons of new stuff to see but I guess it makes sense if this is truly a sequel. It's weird for the franchise but it's still Zelda and I'm sure I'll like it no matter what anyway.

Oh I thought everyone was goofing and joking. Not even a little bit worried and stuff like this is why games shouldn't even show footage until the game is practically available for sale. How fun a game is half the game and half you, and you're never doing yourself favours idly dwelling on potential disappointments or impastabowl expectations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I thought people were joking like it was the same map which I didn't expect to actually be true. :v: I think it'll be fine if it's familiar but different enough. I probably forgot half the poo poo anyway by now. I replayed twilight princess recently for the first time since it released and it was playing a brand new game. Granted that's like 15 years but still. :corsair:

The last map didn't have any floating islands (and probably underground stuff) everywhere so even if the base map was truly untouched there'd still be plenty to explore I think

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

tag yourself. I'm warlord Ganon garfield.

I'm teletubby wolfos howling twice for the kids at home

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

the thing about video games is that it's cool to not know everything before you start playing them

And if you absolutely need to know everything before you consider playing it there's this period after launch where anyone can tell ya

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
all they gotta do is put one old man in some cave with a sword

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just realizing there will probably be another one of those Metal Gear Solid Sustenance levels in TotK. drat that was such a great mission, one of the most memorable ball fetch quests. i think it also had the one blood moon i remember being happy to see, since it reset some monster or item that i needed another one of but had messed up or lost in an attempt.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hope there's a korok you only get by rolling a boulder up a hill, but the boulder is programmed to slip away when you get close

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Link really needed to learn CQC once they added weapon durability

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Had my Switch like 3 years and this is probably gonna be the first game I buy brand new :toot:

If you don't mind waiting a couple years you could buy it used for a few bucks less

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
When I wanted the master sword I had to trade my max stamina to some creepy statue to temporarily convert them hearts and then do it back. I have many durian and beets, I need not your hearts.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The cutscenes will only be viewable through an app on your phone. If you want to download the app you need to fax Nintendo headquarters the request and hope they approve you as a true fan.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For sale, two triforce pieces never claimed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hated the cutscenes in BotW where Link ate some hosed up berries and just shat himself in the wilderness for 3 days.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can Link finally brush his teeth in this one?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why everyone ask pet the dog but not brush the tooth

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember taking a break after one of those long unstoppable cutscenes of Link using the toilet and taking a shower to craft brownie bombs and coming back to find Link dead, no idea what killed me. Permadrath off the table for me because of that sort of thing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It can technically be skipped but is too powerful for anyone to bring themselves to do it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Still so annoyed how many torches I lit in Dark Souls 2 hoping to solve the secret torch puzzles and get a treasure.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol remember is Morrowind you could jump across rooftops like pre-flying superman and run around at high speeds across the land or just fly and then in Skyrim they only let you move a little faster than default depending on how much the booger bar is filled and they didn't think to pair this punishment with fun gameplay like climbing or gliding or levitating.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
idk i kept getting beheaded in the first cutscene, never got to see the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What did Link's interviewer say to the Hyrule committee after the interview? Hyrim