Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

FooF posted:

One thing is for sure, the explanation for the Sheikah's absence will be in the first cutscene of the game. There has to be a reason the Heroes can't use the last game's macguffins and everyone who played BotW is going to wonder where all the Towers, Shrines, and Divine Beasts went.

Yeah, I'm going with Link as we saw him in that demo has either been sent to the past or to some weird alt-Hyrule.

I like the 2nd idea better but the 1st seems likelier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vikar Jerome posted:

Well... zelda on the gameboy...

Mario and his entire universe are all part of the Wind Fish's dream. :shroom: :lsd: :shroom:

Begun, the Canon Wars have.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The real important question for this game: will Master Mode be available from the start? :getin:

Nah, it's will there be blood moons again.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

So what is that cube thing link lands on after paragliding to the sky island?

It looks like one of those puzzles you pick up and manipulate to move a marble around.

I thought it looked like a fixed fan to start up somehow and ride the updraft higher.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Unlucky7 posted:

I just found out in BotW that just equipping a fire sword would warm you, because of course it would

The systems on this game are on point.

I only just noticed that when you register a horse the stable shoe it as well as put a saddle on. Because of course they do.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Icedude posted:

I'm still betting it was the Zonai who dealt with Ganon 10,000 years previously, and then got betrayed by the Hylian Royal Family because they tend to be shitheads like that. Also that Ancient Sheikah tech is a lovely knockoff attempt at Zonai constructs made afterwards that were never actually used for real, which is why Ganon could take them over.

"Nah, why would we need a firewall? Who's going to be connecting except authorised slate users?"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

quiggy posted:

I did "no fast travel, everything else ok but prioritize horse" and loved it. Particular highlights are Hebra and the Zonai Ruins, interestingly enough.

I allowed myself "fast travel to the Divine Beasts and Medallion", mainly so I could take a break from the Divine Beasts if I wanted to cook something or pick something up, or get to the Blood Moon shrine in time, and prioritised "using paths instead of climbing" as well as horse. But yeah, it's a great way to enjoy the geography.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I just scored a TotK OLED Switch, so I'm feeling smug as gently caress right now.

Anyone know what interesting jailbreaky things I can do with my old one?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Ocarina of Time was great. You could argue Link to the Past doesn't hold up for the same reasons. I can beat that in a weekend because I know every puzzle.

The deku tree dungeon stumped (get it?) me as a kid because it didn't occur to me to burn the cobwebs because I didn't think it was possible. Even though you do stuff like that in every previous game. If all else fails try fire. And it was awesome to beat the first dungeon. Don't let current Zelda games negate your feelings of Zeldas past.

Yeah, I did so much of LttP before managing to finish the desert dungeon because I didn't realise what torches were or that you could light them, so I couldn't figure out how to get into the boss room there. So I went and did everything else I could, just not with that amulet...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

superjew posted:

I think with the reveal of underground areas we’re overlooking the highly anticipated potential return of shovel.

Mole Mitts or GTFO.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hyrule Castle Town tent city! Pocket Rocket! Tank vs Talos! Hello Sidon! Hello Ganon!

gently caress yeah!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hakkesshu posted:

Not sure what's going on in this scene, but I'm assuming this is Zelda meeting Dorf at some point. Maybe in a flashback?

The emblem and robe look somewhat familiar.....!

Well, he does have previous at conning members of Hyrule's ruling family - what if it's Zelda he talks into freeing him this time?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

RatHat posted:

Dunno, never played those. Do they appear?

As Sages, not goddesses. They show up as visitors in Minish Cap too, but they just seem to be humans in that.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone else think Ganondorf has a samurai thing going on?

Yeah, like Maroon Hawk says it looks more like a fusion of Gerudo royal gear (Urbosa, Riku) with BOTW's voe set.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bleck posted:

I personally think that is Demise, and the trailer also appears to feature the original, or at least previous, incarnations of Link and Zelda.

I'm wondering if we might be seeing the birth of the Calamity in this one. Maybe that's what the Zelda in the past cutscenes are going to show?

Ed: got myself an arm Link amiibo!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I could definitely go for some more personalization, for as wordy as WW’s ending was I really dug the whole “your gods are evil and they did this to you” tone

Yeah, it's past time for Link, Zelda and Ganon to team up vs the goddesses.

No Goddesses No Masters(words)!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fish Appreciator posted:

One of the best things about the Zelda series I how much is (deliberately) left unexplained. A monolithic statue is missing from the desert and its giant sword is found miles away on top of a snowy mountain? gently caress yeah.

Do love me a good Zelda theory YouTube video, though.

I love that the Yiga lair is in what seems to be an old temple to the Seven Heroines!

RatHat posted:

I hope TotK is revealed as a Skyward Sword prequel, it’s all a loop(that makes no sense), and people finally shut up about the timeline(this will never happen)

Well, time loop shenanigans would explain the 2-headed ouroboros in the logo...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hogama posted:

A realization struck me, delayed reaction from yesterday.

I think the chest ornament is an owl, which would make him a Sage or equivalent, but could be the Gerudo "eyes" symbol or, hell, even Majora's Mask...

But it looks most like feathers around the eyes to me.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Divine Beasts are completely absent, with no explanation whatsoever

I'm going to kill myself laughing if it turns out that circle chunk that landed on Kakariko is a chunk of a Beast.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vikar Jerome posted:

What i played of PH was still better than WW. :colbert:

Die, heretic.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's probably because that and the time travel gimmick desert, and the bad guys were the only three things worth remembering about that game

I liked the Mogma. And the Beetle was a great item. But yeah, the filler and the railroading and the compulsory back-and-forwarding and the repetitiveness... aargh.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vitamean posted:

keep thinking I need to find a horse but the ones near the dueling peaks stables kept bucking me off and I haven't found any since

Ice arrows and stamina food.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WarpDogs posted:

lmao wtf, even if it doesn't hurt them (and I recognize that they are, in fact, not real) I could never do that

just sneak up on them and bash Soothe like it's a Mario Party minigame. Every press is counted, even if it doesn't play a sound or animation

The Ganondorf horse has the highest to-catch stamina (30 presses) and he can be grabbed with just one Stamina upgrade, everything else can be done from the start

brother, I am so convinced this is going to happen I'd bet money on it if I could

Hylian Society for the Protection of Animals is going to be on my rear end if they ever catch up with me. I catch pigs on Wind Waker by chasing them into the sea and picking them up once they start floating too...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Supremezero posted:

Get Gust Jar
Staple Gust Jar to Master Sword with Fuse
???
PROFIT

Flobbleobbleobble noise and Malice sprays over everything in range.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

RatHat posted:

With how popular of a feature it was in BotW Hero’s path has gotta be in TotK right? Though with the map being more vertical it might not work as well

Layered? Green for ground, blue for sky, yellow for underground?

Efb

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

External Organs posted:

drat, I finally got around to checking out Hyrule Castle and this area absolutely kicks rear end. Maybe I'll make my way up to Ganon tomorrow and stick some Lynel swords up his face.

I will always 100% recommend an early visit to Hyrule Castle just for the sheer terror of it.

And the good loot of course.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

So glad to run into Risa again and find she hasn't mellowed her approach to voes in the slightest in however long it's been since she was terrifying in Gerudo sex ed class in BotW.

Also I stripped off at the Gerudo Skytower to see if it cooled me off any while I sorted out the elevator, and got side-eye from Sawson thinking "Just wearing that today?" You bet I am, 'son, you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Anyway, that sent me on a quest to find out what people think when they have a nearly nude Link standing next to them and I thoroughly recommend it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want to know how they even went about dismantling any of the divine beast, the Rito one especially.

I hoped the Ring Ruins were chunks of a divine beast when I first saw the pics. But I guess not, unless Rudania's legs had secret Zonai tablets inside.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

f#a# posted:

What's everyone rolling with for Depths cross-country Zonai vehicles? I haven't found one that can handle hills well.

I've been grabbing stalhorses whenever I can find one rather than using constructs. Makes me feel doomy as gently caress.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I've been focusing on opening sky towers and finding memories and I'm delighted that the first one I found featuring Big G in person is the one with Gerudo battle woodwinds and war moldugas and Rauru demonstrating that when he said Power of Light he meant MOTHERFUCKING LASER CANNON BITCHES.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Carlosologist posted:

I think it’s at least five or six years given that in Tarrey Town, Rhondson and Hudson have a kid now that wasn’t there in BOTW

But the kids running around Hateno seem to be exactly the same age - Nebb, for example, who had the weapon examples fetish in BOTW, looks exactly the same as far as I can tell.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Funky Valentine posted:

Zelda: I need a dry, humidity-controlled room to do research in!

*puts it in a well*

And keeps one of Link's old hair ties down there too.

:swoon:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MorningMoon posted:

I'd like to imagine that Zelda stealing Link's house was a slow process that happened over the first couple months since the Calamity was stopped. Enough time that most of the years between games it was her house and that's why everyone in Hateno says as much.

She'll just crash, she said on the first week. Link offers the bed since he's her knight and he can sleep anywhere else.

Week 2 she begins putting a new picture every two weeks.

Week 3 Link comes in to find that she threw away the swords collection. "I noticed you never got a chance to tidy up, and now that the war is over, you don't need this taking up so much space. :) "

I had elemental greatswords up and pretended they were amenities - flame one for indoor cooking, ice as a fridge-freezer and electric as a flyzapper.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I was riding Farosh through the underground to find out if he was on a regular schedule, fell off when he started to ascend and got jumped by a frox. drat it's not fun trying to figure out how to kill the things.

Got the fucker though.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Last Celebration posted:

Question: I’m pretty early on but I wanna cash in my Korok poop. The game hasn’t been like, super subtle about nudging me towards Rito Village, so I’m just gonna go ahead and assume his initial appearance is tied to that? Is he pretty much right on the road like last game if I just start heading there?

Yes, but enough off to the side that I missed seeing him the first couple of times.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

snoremac posted:

These evil bastards made bombs such a rare commodity. Oh a bomb flower!

There's loads of them underground!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pirate Radar posted:

The biggest thing I’d like, same as with BotW, is for switching between armor sets to go more smoothly. I don’t know if it needs to go all the way to auto-detecting “climbing wet surface therefore frog armor” and switching but it’s easily the biggest roadblock in the normal exploration loop for me

Yeah, a "put the full set on" option would be handy.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The correct order is the order I collected them. Linear narrative is for cowards.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bumhead posted:

I have a dumb question - how do you increase your Zonai battery?

I still have just 1 battery charge which is what you start out with, and I feel like I've either missed something or just being really stupid. I've used the gacha machines to get more toys to mess around with but I don't think they're used to increase the charge, right?

(if it's tied to a narrative thing then I'd rather not know specifics - I'll get there eventually I guess)

There are constructs some places who can help - you probably already met at least one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Frankston posted:

Link's house:

is there anyway to decorate the outside? those green wooden cubes look like poo poo.

Link's old house: I just noticed that all the pics on the walls are of Zelda's charity projects/stable quests...