Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Asterite34 posted:

To ensure it is preserved for posterity:

Lol, that's still my favorite thing :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't wait to unlock the fifth arm ability, ROCKET PUUUUUNCH

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

For me, it felt like less story, just because it did that open world thing where you get bits and pieces that largely have to work in any order you run across them in. I don't know how it actually compares cumulatively, but I think that makes it feel lighter to me than the traditional style going through more linearly so it can be developed in more detail.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Personally, I hope that they make it so cooking certain things won't trivialize the game like durians or radishes did in BotW. It was nearly a great mechanic but tossing even one of those into a dish made you practically invincible.

Disagree, just don't cook with em if you don't want the effect. They need to leave in easy ways to become OP for weak little gamer babbies like me :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This may be a controversial opinion, but I stand by this hot take:

I'm really looking forward to playing Tears of the Kingdom.

:monocle::mods:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I took May 12th off from work and am debating getting this digital instead of waiting for the physical copy to show up as late as 8pm.

Does BOTW run any better when on SD versus cart?

Do we know when it actually unlocks? I keep getting surprised lately by games that say they unlock on X date, but it turns out to be 10PM or something for me, when it's too late for me to bother actually doing anything.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Give Link a Codec so we can hear commentary from friends about each ingredient we pick up. Also give Link contextual reactions to dishes. Finally, give him camo options and legalize nukes.

"I'm afraid it's been...one hundred years "

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1642180190351548416
:thunk:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I wish I had the patience for that. My version of Link freaks out and/or annoys the entire world population by just constantly teleporting in and out of places to avoid even the slightest bit of inconvenient walking for a minor errand.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:perfect:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That statue bothered me. It was fantastic to be able to swap between health and stamina, but the way you go about doing so felt like it was designed to waste your time in the most petty way. Hopefully they'll streamline the equivalent feature in the new game, but it's Nintendo so I have my doubts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I accidentally killed my first horse in botw by running it off a cliff where it took fall damage. I bailed and parasailed away.

I felt horrible

Being Yoshi'd to help you gain distance is a noble death for any mount

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mario 2 invalidated itself :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've never even played Skyrim :chord:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I need the middle parts of that one explained. That Bowser was a goomba all along?!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

anyways the game pranked me with perspective while i was on the plateau, lol
https://twitter.com/Waffliesinyofac/status/1643876966892998657

Lol at the game going "you're not dead enough" at the end there

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

epic bacon posted:

i use the map because i could get lost wandering around my own apartment

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

goethe.cx posted:

the cowards at nintendo should bring back Midna

Midna was great, definitely the best companion character they've done.

But if there was one thing I could wish for to return in a game, it'd be having a whole menu of masks to wear, changing your abilities in big or small ways. That could lead to some really neat stuff in a more open traversal-based setting.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Revali's Gale is the only one I care about, whenever it's not charged I'm asking "Where's Revali's Gale?"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well obviously they Khanstant to do it like a normal person

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

pentyne posted:

I don't know about refined but Twilight Princess was the first time I played a Zelda game and then never did a 2nd replay to get 100% because of how unnecessarily large and empty the game felt.

Skyward Sword was definitely worse, to the point where when replaying it several years later I didn't remember most of it so it at least felt new again, but that's not really a good thing.

Personally I would put Wind Waker as the GOAT in terms of 100% replayability.

I'm a big WW fan there too, but I feel like Majora's Mask got it right - generally pretty tightly designed areas and a reasonable number of collectibles that actually do interesting things beyond increasing your health or whatever. That's the classic 3D one I've gone back to and done stuff beyond the main path the most.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm not hopeful, but I really want more tiny shenanigans after replaying Minish Cap a bit ago, it's one of the better gimmicks in the series.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Not if I reset halfway through :hehe:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The final trailer is the third cutscene

Man, why would I even pay for the game after tomorrow. Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot yet again

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's been a long six years, in that time I've:
  • Upgraded from Wii U to Switch
  • Gotten a big-rear end memory card for the Switch
  • Bought two copies of BotW
  • Gone from disliking to liking BotW

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

bring back tje wind waker pigs and let us raise them

I would accept another release date delay if it allowed time for the dev team to add a pig that you could grow to the size of a small car by feeding it other pigs, and then use it as your animal mount

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Vookatos posted:

I'm super sleepy so I wasn't able to concentrate on most things but I laughed at Link riding what looked like a giant fridge on wheels

Lol yes, my first thought was "now that looks like a creation I could design" :hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

External Organs posted:

How Zelda got her Groose Back

Goddamn, now that's a snipe :ocelot:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

Zelda's going to have episodic playable side-snippets the way Peach did in Paper Mario.

"Okay Zelda, find the ingredients to bake a cake - Ganon's peckish."

My Second Re-Reg posted:

idk I'm actually more convinced after that trailer there could be some playable Zelda segments. You might get some challenge sequences with her where she has to explore/solve puzzles/etc. with nothing but the old Sheikah slate.

Jokey version aside, I wouldn't be too surprised if they did something like this. I'm still not counting on it, but limited interludes like that feel way more likely than having a secret fully playable Zelda.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Just watched the trailer. That looks like a lot of game, jeez. How do they even fit that much game onto a Switch cartridge?

Don't forget to buy the Expansion Pak!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

Demise's curse is perfectly capable of manifesting through non-Ganon means imo. You can't convince me that Malladus wasn't just another Demise incarnation.

What's Malladus?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zore posted:

Malladus rules because he has the best dressed lackey in the series

I actually did have to look up who Malladus was. This guy's way more memorable. Except for his name, no clue there either!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The demon train from that was also pretty great. There's actually a lot I liked in that game, if only the central overworld mechanic wasn't one of my least favorite things in the series!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

tsob posted:

I haven't played it since it released, but I remember really liking both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, and don't even remember having any issue with the track travel gimmick. Is there any word on them getting a release on Switch, either as a collection or as part of the online catalog?

I wish they would rerelease them, but I haven't even heard any rumors about that.

I liked the rest of Spirit Tracks, especially the dungeons, but every time I went back to replay it I just got to a certain point fighting enemy trains or something and just gave up. Plus, it just completely rubs me the wrong way to for the overworld in an explicitly exploration-centric franchise to literally be on rails.

But, I'd still love to revisit it and give it another chance, if I had an easier way to do that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You got this, Link :buddy:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, that red haired mural guy has been bugging me in the back of my mind since that game came out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zore posted:

And Zelda mentions she can still hear Fi in BotW so they definitely might be bringing that back.

When was that? It's not ringing a bell for me at all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Thanks all, I looked those memories up and I can remember them now, but they just didn't stick in my mind for some reason. Maybe I forgot Skyward Sword existed in the meantime? :iiam:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Calamity Ganon was just a distraction for history's greatest Gatorade heist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

the unlock requirements are really generous at the start. i think you only really need like 20 total seeds to unlock enough slots to feel comfortable

This feels pretty close to me, I think I usually ignore them after 25 or 30 seeds. Just a few weapon and shield slots feels like enough to get over aggravation at running low. After that point, I'll pointedly ignore anything that even looks like it might be a korok puzzle.