Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Shiroc posted:

I wonder how all of the Rare people feel when the response to Nuts & Bolts was primarily confusion and upset but now this has huge excitement with people referencing N&B.

Well for one, the vehicle building stuff in ToTK is just a side thing to complement the core gameplay of a Zelda game, not the entire game itself.
Also ToTK doesn't seem to constantly insult anyone that liked older Zelda games at the same time so that's another thing its got going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It would be insanely funny if this game has playable Zelda and Nintendo doesn’t say a word about it before release

Just imagine the Gaming Twitter meltdown on May 12

you might be imaging people to get mad at here

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hogama posted:

Link, Sidon, Riju, and... Tulin!?

Makes me wonder if something happened to Teba. Or maybe the gap between BoTW and ToTK is longer then I thought, because if I remember right, BoTW era Rito's have a pretty short life span.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

If I have learned anything from video games, it's that this guy will be the comedic relief right up until he somehow turns into a destroyer of worlds

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

hatty posted:

Rehydrated Ganondorf art

it's like they took every Gannondorf design from the older 3D games and mashed it into one

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

But seriously, Teba is probably a goner right? He was the only new age champion they didn't show, but they had his son instead.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They realized they forgot to give Teba a character so his new stand out attribute is that he's loving dead.

Also red noodle hair tapestry lookin guy was there I think? Unless that was just dorf' before getting a hair cut.

AoC gave me a better appreciation of Teba. Which really means "he was broken as poo poo in that game"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Seems like Zelda got pulled into possibly the Sacred Realm? And Link needs to find a way to get into it as well.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Augus posted:

i didn't think zelda would be playable tbqh but now I'd say I'm 50/50

I still don't think she's playable, but I do think there's a buddy/companion system and she will probably be the final (and probably most powerful) companion

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

idk I'm actually more convinced after that trailer there could be some playable Zelda segments. You might get some challenge sequences with her where she has to explore/solve puzzles/etc. with nothing but the old Sheikah slate.

Ah yes, the Paper Mario approach

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hmm, I wonder if Zelda did loving die from that fall, but she somehow got sent to the past to live on as her old self? Just with all her memories and poo poo? What would that even be called, reverse-incarnation?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

I always figured that those Hateno Village guys were the House Telvanni of Hyrule

wait does that mean they own slaves or

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Augus posted:

the zonai(?) lady that does the kamehameha is probably Zelda's predecessor in the time period she lands in

what if it's one of the goddesses? Like Din?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Come to think of it, I never did figure out the trick to constantly making Triple buff foods that last an hour in BoTW

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

RatHat posted:

I was always under the impression the 3 main goddesses were pretty hands off when it came to Hyrule. Have they ever actually physically appeared anywhere in the series? I guess you could argue the Triforce is part of them

does Oracle of Seasons/Ages not count

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Shiroc posted:

Oracle games were the dream that Link had after the dream of the Wind Fish. That's why it had a punching kangaroo and a bear with tiny wings.

but no Kirby enemies or Prince Richard cameos

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

WarpDogs posted:

they couldn't call it the Legend of Link because you could change his name in most of the games. but that's just a theory: a game theory

“The Legend of Fagballs” doesn’t quite have the same panache, I suppose

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Remember when someone in this thread joked about triangulating Zelda's location based off of the 5 seconds we see of her in the Trailer asking Link to find her
WELL,

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol. Really think its where and not when huh. :smuggo:

Oh no I really wouldn't be surprised if Zelda got yeeted back and/or forward in time it's just funny how quickly people can figure this poo poo out.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hogama posted:

If you really need a sledgehammer at any point in the game there's one just lying out above Owa Daim Shrine on a shelf to the west. There's plenty of other spots but you'll have to do it anyway to get off the Great Plateau so that's a reliable one that'll always be there.

there's one leaning on Link's house that respawns every bloodmoon, but I think you have to have at least the exterior fully finished for it to start spawning

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

glassyalabolas posted:

Is he a weeb?

“Link, you deny your Master Sword it’s true purpose!”

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Objectify Ganondorf all you want, but I’m just gonna keep a note of it the next time someone cries over a female Xenoblade character or something.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Zelda revealed as happening in the Xenoblade universe.

Wait, does this mean Link is somehow going to impregnate Fi

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

There are things that Elden Ring does much, much better than BotW. Enemy variety, combat, boss design, weapon variety, the sense that wherever you go you'll discover something new instead of another bokoblin camp and a shrine.

BotW has the better traversal and open world (ultimately, ER isn't that open. The world is a labyrinth like every other FromSoft game, it's just a much bigger labyrinth).

While enemy variety is better then BoTW, I can't help but point out how the Haligtree, the end game super dungeon, is made up of 99% enemies you fought already. Including the minibosses, high end guards, and even the same zombie soldiers that you have been fighting since literally the start of the game, that even fight the exact same way (only now they blow up when you kill them)(and also heavily resist Holy because gently caress YOU if you dared make a FTH build in that game)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I just used a bleed Katana and a Mimic lol

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Augus posted:

MASSIVE GAME-RUINING SPOILER ALERT: hey did you guys see that giant floating cube in the trailers? wonder what's the deal with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnuRpHkg0H8

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Well poo poo, cancelling my pre-order

I’ve got a pretty bad fear of heights as well, but if the Sandbird in Mario Sunshine didn’t beat me nothing will.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I loved the voice acting in Deus Ex and some people try to knock on it

What a shame.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You can fuse a Minecart to your shield and turn it into a skateboard that will work anywhere
10/10, 100/100 best game BEST GAME

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Oh gently caress I am really stupid, you are suppose to fuse those cores that Talus's and giant block monsters and other stuff drop when you kill them aren't you

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes they’re really loving good.

God dammit, I was wondering what was up with those, but I took a shower this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks

Also, was I the only one that stumbled into the Korok Forest by sheer accident? I was loving around the Depths, got really lost then saw what looked like the Temple mini-Purah or whatever was talking about. Found a spot that looked suspiciously like it was made for Ascend and then OH HEY GREAT DEKU TREE WHY ARE VOMITING PURPLE SMOKE EVERYWHERE

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 15, 2023

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Tei posted:

my problem with this is the economy, I dont remember Death Stranding has resource intensive when I just want to build a truck to move a kokoro seed around, … after 30 hours I want a upgrade that make items free

Are you using the gumball machines? If you use 5 charges, then what you get out of them is always the same and there's always a shrine nearby to teleport to.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Republicans posted:

Mini bosses in the depths are good for at least 20% of a battery upgrade and Frox are extremely easy to kill.

finding the ore is easy enough, but as far as I can tell you can only buy like 10 of the doo-hickeys at once and the whats-a-ma--calls-it needs 100

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Zore posted:

There are more shops in the depths where you can buy a lot more of them.

oh well poo poo, I really haven't explored the Depths as much as I thought I have then

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

FooF posted:

Yeah, I’ve barely touched the sky islands. I need to head to Hateno for gizmos but I keep getting sidetracked.

Question about cherry blossoms:

What exactly are Sartori revealing? It’s obviously caves but are these caves special or something? I thought it might be clothing locations but the last one revealed didn’t appear to have anything. You can tell by the wooden poles with cloth sticking out.

I think it's caves that have a bubblegem or whatever inside still, the stuff you give to Koltin

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

So I uh, just randomly stumbled onto the loving Hylian Shield. Funny thing is, if you are good at dodging/running I'm pretty sure you can get it like 10 minutes after getting the Paraglider back from Purah.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

am I the only one that finds the Wallmasters or whatever they are much, much harder then the Phantom Ganon fight after

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I honestly just use fuse on shields for mobility stuff, like bouncy boxes or minecarts

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shrine hunting sppilers: i just realized that there's a lightroot under every(?) shrine that isn't in the sky, and vice versa. holy hell that has made tracking down these last shrines so much easier, if a bit time-consuming. it's also made lighting up the depths easier as well.

I'm 90% sure the Depths is an inverse map of Hyrule. Like the upside down Dracula's Castle, only it's everything outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Have we considered that there might actually be too much to do in this game?