Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Holy loving poo poo lmao

Going to keep the URL unparsed due to spoilers. Linked is a video on how to take care of the primary boss fight in a very short amount of time.

https://x.com/cross00841798/status/1730569597886325223?s=20

So that's how the sausage is made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

dethl was always the strongest zelda boss

Personally for me it is Ganon's Sword. That fucker gave me so many issues in Skyward Sword. Granted that game gave me a hell of a lot of issues.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Isn't that the same game awards that was started on Spike TV?

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
What? Your cars don't cling to vertical cliffs using two stolen propellers attached to a series of wagon wheels, flux construct II cores and intricately linked woven big wheels?

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
They can nope everything except treasure chests. If you use zonite to create one they will just scream at it ignoring you like the big bad wolf.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
There's always zonite parts near backpacking koroks. I farmed but did so while mapping out the underground I still only need like 9 zonite when autobuilding and that's largely for propellers from the spiral shrine and a floating rubber platform instead of a slab so my truck is all terrain.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Savage Lions Bow with bombs tend to be my go to. I carpet bomb the area

Also....one question. Does the height of your fall impact the strength of your attack? Every now and then I jump attack with the full gliding suit and am curious if I landed on something beefy it would cut that health bar up

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I think the ganon meat is that long pulsing clump. I don't think I'd care much for that either. Even if it was like jerky

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I can confirm you need to break the gear first and then you can buy it. I don't know if you need to find a certain amount of those big ole guys or not first but it is definitely replenishable. Same with outfits you sell if you are that desperate.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
One slight thing, if your weapon is about to break and you have something awesome on it you can unfuse the weapon for 20 rupees and keep your cool item.

I didn't build stuff until near the end of the game when I had the battery capacity.

I agree though that there is a lot of grinding and at a certain point I stopped trying to max out my costumes because I had a certain few I'd always gravitate to anyway.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
It sort of makes sense that they messed with the numbers some since you can get in a lot of hits with a charged spear attack. I never use it since most of the time you only hit them once or twice, but whatever.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I don't think it's too many quests. Just it doesn't take advantage of the cool set pieces enough. Show players who'd normally not stumble upon an Easter egg. Like a mission where you are trying to find a lost horse and you find it at lon lon ranch ruins instead of random place. Or make use of the cool castle pieces.

I really enjoyed the wells that turn into caves and wish there were more of those and less of the caves that just have horriblins and like likes.

Also think that some of the limitations of the Zonite system ought to be removed post game. I might start going into caves using vehicles and have that be part of the problem solving.

The quests are too generic for a map bursting with personality. Addison quests ought to be clues to caves, for instance.

I really liked the gerudo quest even though the prize sucked because it had a lot of personality and lore.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Twilight Princess double Hook shot was fun. I just hated how they telegraphed the only locations you can cling on to with grates instead of it just being any wooden object , like ocarina of time. It felt less like exploring and more like a crafted area for you to use dungeon item outside of dungeon. And that was done to curb complaints that you only ever use items in the dungeon you find them in.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
That's kind of the Nintendo way. The virtual boy was a prototype for 3ds the wiiu was a prototype for the switch.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Most disappointing end to a quest is absolutely the gerudo one.

I'm guessing the 8th hero to have helped but didn't get credit was ganondorf? it's been a while since I played and by the time I got to the last part of the quest I was kind of done with the whole thing.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
It always comes back down to the imprisoning war doesn't it.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Alternatively you could just get a bunch of bomb arrows and lynel bows and carpet bomb the entire area in bullet time.

I wanted more monsters to fight. I was smiling like a moron going through that last stretch feeling like it was an uphill climb the entire time.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Would love a remake of Majora's Mask that takes advantage of the lack of restrictions they have. Not just a reskin like the 3ds ones.

More towns people, bigger clock town, more dungeons even if they are mini dungeons, better utilization of the items outside the dungeon.

I know it would never happen because remakes are never enhanced anymore. I got spoiled early on with super Mario all stars and Link's Awakening dx.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Did we ever get an answer if height is factored in when jumping on enemies from high places?

I don't have the aim

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
No fall damage? That's balanced, by the time you get that upgrade you played enough to get where we were going.

Post game ability that stops Zonite wings from despawning after two blinks of the eye? Never.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I got nearly all the memories in TotK before even getting the hangglider. I'm tempted to try a run where I skip it and just do a flight suit only run and let link smash his face into everything a la Wind Waker

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Today I learned that if the master sword is out of power that if you go to the weapons storage screen and select it there is a countdown on how much longer it is until it's charged again :v:

It's a handy timer for when you can go ore hunting again.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I got so much food from quests that I knew I was never going to use so I often sold those. Also sold a lot of gem stones in bulk to the gerudo who would pay above market value.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I found crabs are best spotted along beaches on the mainland near the spiral

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I think what would make this game even better is if they swapped out a bunch of the caves for dungeons. Its a perfect way to railroad you in a specific sequence of events without feeling too forced since using the warp would bring you to the top of the mountain.

Combine and connect the caves into dungeons that then become shortcuts for good farming areas to make it worth it. Like, if you had a cave system for every major race that guarantees a spawn point for unblighted versions of those sets or good areas to farm for associated gear (like fireproof armor and the like).

There's too many caves that are just a few horroblins and maybe a shield when they could just be joined together with heavier puzzle and enemy elements.

They don't even need to have a boss. Just a scaled up version of an enemy in both size and attack/def

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Personally I think items should automatically be picked up without having to spam a or touching it so I don't have to get off my murder machine to collect items. Just reptar wagoning across the forest

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Wait, what do you get this time for all korok seeds?

poo poo, all

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Mulaney Power Move posted:

OK, Zelda is also stupid. In the memory where Ganondorf pledges fealty to Rauru, she acts like she doesn't know who he is. Does she really not realize that Ganondorf is loving Ganon? Jesus Christ. After all this time.

Doesn't matter either way. Rauru was cocky and knew that Ganondorf was to to no food. he just thought that by keeping his enemies close he'd be safe. then forgot to keep his wife safe...

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
He was supposed to be a parallel to Ganon. Someone who is incredibly strong with magic and is cocky because they had essentially unlimited power. He was so sure of his ability to handle every situation he got complacent as his kingdom crumbled away.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Personally I liked using Hori pro pads but that's mostly cause I played 98% handheld. It gave good grip without being too expensive and I was able to map buttons to an additional qol support.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
When you say final dungeon what do you mean? If it's Hyrule Castle, it's probably because of how disjointed it is and how easily you can miss all the cool stuff because there's nothing pointing you to them outside of vague NPC hints. I personally loved it as I explored every area of the map, but I would have liked it more if it didn't require so much back tracking because of the collapsed tunnels.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I think shrines are great and all but it's time to take what was learned by shrines (I'm sure metrics are sent to Nintendo of completion stats when online) and make those into dungeons since dungeons were shrines connected by hallways and the like.

I also hope they learn from the complaints about seeing the same cutscenes five times and make there feel like actual progression. I feel like when people complain about non linearity they mean more that there doesn't feel like an overarching narrative but unrelated sub quests that tie together later on, and even so tangently.

I do think the monster level up is a great idea as they made the dungeons harder as you progress through the game, but the enemies need to be smarter and have more tricks or whatever as you progress instead of just beefing their stats. Make them harder to hit stun. As it stands now when I see a silver enemy it just means that I get to watch it lay on the ground while I alternate between flurry rushes and doing the two handled spin of death. Have them get up and be able to counter, or dodge.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

quiggy posted:

You ever think about how Capcom might have arguably made better Zelda dungeons than Nintendo? Those Oracle dungeons kick rear end.

Oracle games feel like a fan game after playing links awakening dx. Almost all the assets are taken from it. I did really enjoy those games but I don't know if I could go back to ages now.

Link to the Past is still repayable but mostly cause I memorized the entire game over the years so trying new things gives me a sense of novelty.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
They like making replicas. They prolly thought this Yiga recruit just had a replica master sword he liked to use to better know the enemy.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Edit: /\/\/\ Holy poo poo :eyepop:

This is actually a neat vehicle- self-stablizing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QgHaPFRv1w

Looks fun but I don't know if I'd replaced my big gently caress-off four spring suspension onna rubber base with a double propeller.

Loving that people are finding so many different ways to play with the physics

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
One of my favourite cameras was in wind waker. I could make Link so tiny and it didn't get hung up on walls much despite a lot of tight areas.

I have been playing Sonic Frontiers when it was on sale and the camera has been pissing me off every step of the way. What's worse is that there are times where the camera is locked and you can't see where you are going to land and then flips out as it goes underneath you. This describes every 3d sonic game I guess.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
What they likely mean is that sometimes the monsters will have a crystal embedded in it which will lead to a shrine entrance. If you find the shrine entrance first it will lead you to the monster.

The sensor will always point to the shrine entrance, not the monster or other element. The shrine itself often will have a green tracer to where you will need to find the activation crystal

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
The Legend of Zelda: Prosopagnosia of the Kingdom

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Now you can watch hours and hours of going in circles trying to find the last light root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I just had thought it was a neat area to explore. Same reason why I found the wind temple before ever talking to the Ritu only to be pissed off that I couldn't activate the warp without Tulin.