Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Seeing the full depths map makes me wish there was a link to the past style dark world with more stuff and people down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I really didn’t like champions ballad and agree it felt against the spirit of the game. Along with the actual worst part of BOTW, the stealth section. I know people who dropped the game completely at that section. It’s like the designers had a Faustian bargain to make an incredible game but it had to have a section that would have felt outdated in 1990 as a required part of the story. So glad that wasn’t in totk.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

It's one of the more poorly thought out things in the game, since it doesn't give you any type of natural feedback on how the mechanism works. I had no idea that was how you got the really good weapons until after I beat the game and read a guide.

Don’t take this personally because others have said similar things, but this kind of sentiment bothers me. The pristine weapons are entirely superfluous to the game, they’re a little bit of ambience that has some reward if you try to figure them out. I don’t think it’s a design flaw that they aren’t explained - it’s a design choice that I found really cool. Not everything should be explained, then you end up with Navi.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I beat it and never did the ring ruins because I found that quest infuriating at the beginning. I can phase shift through the ceiling and jump off platforms one thousand feet high but that annoying old guy can stop me from getting into the ruins?

I did mineru out of order and really loved traversing the storm island like that, it felt really cool going through that quest with no context. I think it was also one of the first things I did in the depths.