Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zelmda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

really lolling at "there's only 2 cutscenes as far as we know."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i still dont think they shouldve named the seeds after bobby kotick

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think if you do not look at the history of zelda games remixing worlds and your complaint is that a direct sequel takes place in the same setting then you are not to be taken seriously and should not post or youtube or otherwise communicate

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It only has two cutscenes, of course it's a less interesting story

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zonai wizard did it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

qbert spotted

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they can just add botw as dlc to totk. its only like 12 cutscenes and five boss fights

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i called botw zelda skyrim and hell i'll do it again

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cool spot spotted

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

heck i was thinking i should burn some of my days off...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zero confirmation of the number of cutscenes. all is lost

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what if the game also has 4k graphics and radiant quests and blitzball and they're not showing it yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zeldas first dialogue makes a lot of sense if its in the past. she lands in the past, doesnt know wtf is going on, guy is like 'hey our last line of defense is gonna be link' and she realizes link exists in this time too

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wheres fishgirl

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all of this ganon timeline stuff is fanfic

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont think that meme works. nintendo is just saying matt mercer is ganondorf but the implication is theyre trying to hide something

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the joke is that Matt Mercer is one of the most recognizable voices in the industry, so it's not as though it were a big secret

i understand but the meme doesnt parse

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes but in the meme theyre saying "two months ago we were all like this:" *a picture of nintendo saying matt mercer is ganondorf*

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this for example would make more sense

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's the smoothie?????

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

spicy zelda karaage....

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

disney made snow white in the 30s and made (searches for most recent good disney film) and made the muppets in 2011

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

george miller has been making good mad max films for 5, maybe 6 decades

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dragon quest probably the closest video game comp its only a couple months newer than zelda

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

david byrne put out talking heads in 1977 and made 'pay attention' in 2019

'my bologna' 1979, the weird al movie 2022

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats aonuma's fanfic

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yikes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fusing a cucco should work the other way around and now a furious swarm of shield-cuccos attacks link

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna be really funny when they put out the best zelda game ever and sell the most copies in series history and then poo poo out some catastrophic live action movie that tanks the brand before the next game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

What if Link was frenching a living talking ocarina like skeeters muppet head?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good game, it is bitterly funny how people were deluding themselves into nintendo giving us playable warrior princess zelda and they instead turned her into a big bird-brained worm

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should release a farming and building sim set after totk

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

would call that more of a fencing response than a ragdoll

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

game doesnt even have the ability to seamlessly fly to and land on the moon, or tingle, and people itt are seriously saying 'theres nothing you can add'

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol. lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nintendo should really get them a special academic version so they dont have to go farm batteries and ceruleum or whatever

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

seems like you've made up your mind and your own criteria - 'immersion,' couch play - might not be other people's criteria but it's basically synthesizing a AAA game presentation with giant meticulously designed zones and super expressive high def characters with a wildly deep old school CRPG. imo the strength of a video games as a medium is player choice and reactivity and bg3 has more of that by some order of magnitude in terms of affecting the world and characters whereas however you approach things in totk you're pretty much going to end up in the same place as every other player, give or take 25% map completion. so imo it was always gonna run away with an award from a show that tries to appeal to both the 'cinematic' gaming crowd and the 'hardcore' gaming crowd. i'm only like 40 hours in but on the whole is it a more impressive production than totk, which i loved but you could uncharitably call a souped-up botw? yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1734211709043163415

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i laughed but only because i was thinking of all the people that thought we were getting playable zelda