Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I think Purah is the one saying "you are not alone" in the new trailer? Sounded like her AoC voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is that the guy that wants you to give 50 crickets to a girl in Hateno

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I definitely appreciate the personality they gave to some of the side characters, especially Master Kohga

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Champion's Ballad is really fun though

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Khanstant posted:

You need 3 diamonds each to get to level 4 of miner armor, coloured gems to upgrade the old divine helmets (no set bonus though so don't bother). There's a few random quests that want a couple gems but they're usually nearby even if you're flat out of them. Opals and amber you can sell right away, treat em like red and blue rupees. Not sure luminous stone has any point in this game. I assume it upgrades the dios de la meurtos outfit but wasnt very useful last game so I didn't buy it.

But really in general sell em of you need money. You get so so many of them, ore is in every cave and well and sprinkled all over everywhere. BitW had me do mining runs sometimes but this I've always had enough despite selling gems. Not long before you get enough to sell in bulk for bonus profit.

I'm at the point now where I have 20+ of most gems and don't even need to sell them anymore because just don't really need money anymore.

Luminous stones you can you can take to the animals at the Faron stable, they’ll eat them and then produce another random gem a day later. It’s typically a good trade since most other gems are more valuable.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

It’s crazy how the whole narrative really just falls apart at Hyrule Castle, at least it did for me? I was already tired of the same Sage speeches, but the Zombiedorf hologram gloating about how he tricked me with his fake Zelda despite having already seen the memories, then showing me his “new world” of 100 hinoxes frollicking in a field really pushed it over the edge. Ganon is just less and less threatening the more he talks, but I did appreciate his donation of five Demon King bows to the cause of beating him

The mystery of the fifth sage, who link already knows about from the memories and sky stelae was also not great

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And really, most of my weapon collection were the Champion weapons, and it looks like Link eventually gave those back to the new champions anyway

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Remember to use the cherry blossom trees to help you find caves, and there's a map of the trees in the Outskirts Stable

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

AoC is the Zelda story you want

AoC Kohga also rules

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

it's definitely received pronunciation but that weird lilt that patricia summersett tacks onto it has always been off-putting even though though her overall delivery has improved between entries

It has to be a direction thing, Cherami Leigh as Sonia does it too

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

My favorite thing I’ve found are the Blupee Burrows under Satori Mountain

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Zonaite Forge sky island spawns Mighty Zonaite weapons periodically

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I like to Ultrahand a bunch of boxes together and then lift them up and drop them

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, the best way to handle upgrades are just getting the utility armors to level 2 so they get their bonus (the flight and froggy suits especially) and then having one or two suits at 3-4 for combat

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Mega spoilers: I don’t think that’s a Zonai. The ears and snout are all wrong, no horns or third eye either. And don’t forget that all the Zonai except for Rauru and Mineru disappeared.

Probably an original creation that’s just meant to look like the figure in the tapestry.

A Zonai/Hylian hybrid descended from Rauru and Sonia was my assumption

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah maybe! Though uh, did they even have a kid before they died?

I think it's pretty heavily implied when they're talking about Zelda having both the power of light and time in her blood, which ultimately came from them. No kids are ever shown though.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I love visiting new towns in RPGs to meet people, get quests and buy new gear, I was beelining for Lookout Landing the minute I got off the island just for that

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

There’s always shooting the fish with arrows

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Also, they’ve got a pretty sympathetic backstory too. They’re the Sheikah who refused to give up technology back in the day, and told the king who forced the rest of them to eat poo poo. It’s unfortunate that they started worshipping Ganon, but they do get a cool redemption arc in AoC, so there’s hope for them yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Giving Kolton every gem actually does have a neat scene (that I YouTubed because I’m not a masochist)