Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i wonder if you can use the ascend ability to get to the sky islands

that would be fun, but also kinda easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

I mean, you can conceivably fuse a bomb (or bomb like thing. Did they show anything relating to bombs at all?) to a shield…

in one of the trailers, Link has a stick with a cannon fused to it and launches a bomb at an enemy

wonder if there will be a couple of ways to explode things

this thing:

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 30, 2023

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldI9OyQUm78

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

now another woman has moved in, I thought the plan was to be in a relationship but apparently now that her room is set up and I’ve lovingly lowballed rent she wants to wait to be with me and go to therapy first. I’m sure that will go great.

I’m not really in the mood for another Zelda.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sounds like you didnt help her move her printer, rookie mistake

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i still think Zelda's VA is dire and im heavily considering playing this in Spanish or Russian to not have to deal with it

adding voice acting beyond generic grunts and shouts was a huge mistake

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

It also seems like this game might have more plot stuff than Breath of the Wild, which would be nice.

this new trailer confirmed that theres now at least 3 cutscenes

gonna be a good time

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

That's true (about there not really being any higher-class enemies to save them for), though it'd still be nice if I felt like I was just trading one weapon for the better Lynel one, instead of trading two for one (which is a much more questionable trade).

I'll try it again with my top quality attack food. That probably makes more sense, since IIRC enemies can't one-shot you and it always leaves you with a quarter of a heart (so you have time to eat a baked durian/truffle or whatever).

imo, you shouldnt look at fights from a pure-efficiency standpoint and instead should do them if they look like fun.

Ignoring that tho, youre "trading" those 2-3 good weapons for a great melee weapon, one of the best bows in the game, and a nice collection of parts that can be used for multiple things. Id say thats still a good trade

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

maltesh posted:

Ever notice how Endura Carrots are scattered around Fairy Fountains, but hidden from the fountain behind rocks and trees?

It's almost as if someone large who had to stay in the fountain picked all the ones they could reach... for some reason.

:popeye::eyepop:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Icedude posted:

Zeltik got to play the game already, lucky bastard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EMZzW7hj0M
Obviously some spoilers, but nothing story related apparently

oh drat, didnt realize that the pachinko machines give out zonai parts that you can store in your inventory for later. That fuckin rocks and means that I can always have a few fans or rockets on hand in case I need to make a janky Revali's Gale by fusing them to my shield and surfing into the sky

cant wait for this game

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

Don't start calling them pachinko machines too, god

Zeltik keeps getting that so wrong. They're gacha machines

:goonsay:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

Do any of the previews mention framerate? Though Nintendo probably chose areas with good framerate for the preview build.

Zeltik video had a lot of concerning slowdown, especially in the camp when they were lighting stuff on fire

looks like the Switch can barely keep up

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

CBD Corndog posted:

There was also another kickass QOL thing in one of the previews.

When you loot a chest and your inventory is full, you can just drop an item from the loot popup and not have to menu > drop item > loot chest again.

10/10 goty of all years

ffuuuccckkk yes

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Antonymous posted:

I'd say its a big spoiler because until now we didn't really know the vibe of the gameplay loop, like how often we'd use ultrahand or where parts would be. I thought they would be rarer and we'd have to find them and kinda plan around them, not that there would be seemingly so plentiful and disposable that there'd be an inventory screen for them. We also saw that there's about 6 'powers' total whereas before I thought maybe recall was just one of many spells. I also thought we could swim underwater.

for a poster that famously over-analyzes stuff, thats surprising. pretty sure your sharp eye could figure most of this stuff out with a 2 minute launch trailer

i wouldnt worry about it tho, there seems to be a lot that Nintendo is still keeping under wraps. Just avoid the thread for the next month or so and that should give you plenty of time to sort out most of the gameplay spoilers

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Shneak posted:

I'm stoked to hear Hyrule is on the level of Elden Ring here but the difficult control allegations kinda worry me. I hope it doesn't grind the momentum to a halt while crafting things.

i mean, BOTW had one of the most dense control schemes of any game i played. from what ive seen of the new gameplay stuff, pretty sure if a player is comfortable with BOTW, theyd be fine with TOTK. for new players tho, it will def be a hurdle

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ogmius815 posted:

But Gary Bowser wasn’t just a guy who pirated some video games. He was a professional software pirate who made a living by pirating video games and assisting others in doing so (in exchange for money). He’s not loving Robin Hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsMKypvmB0

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

They pulled the modded BoTW thing because it had gone from mod to 'a guy paying people to mod.' Every time this happens it is because real money gets involved.

Like it isn't defending corporations to say it is loving dumb to pay people to do that. It is 100% the poo poo that draws lawyers and moral and ethical rightness doesn't protect you.

ImpAtom posted:

Because shockingly companies have a vested interest in people not being paid to modify their products and will do everything they can to stop it.

I am not talking about ethics here. I don't have to think something is wrong to point out that you shouldn't draw attention to yourself. Steal all the poo poo you want from Wal-Mart but don't blow an air horn while doing it.

You want to do a mod? Awesome! Don't make a big announcement about doing a mod on your heavily viewed Youtube channel. Make a throwaway account if you are thay desperate for kudos. Release the poo poo suddenly so it can proliferate before DMCA slaps. Be smart about it. Don't be obvious and shockedpikachuface when the same thing keeps happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsMKypvmB0

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

be nice to mcmagic, he means well

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Baiard posted:

Everyone excited for the expansion release on Friday? It's nice finally getting some new DLC for BOTW but I wish they'd make a new Zelda with a new world to explore. I've basically been all over the map already.

agreed, its crazy Nintendo is charging $35 per cutscene

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

madmatt112 posted:

Goon yourself with Zelda R34

:chloe:

madmatt112 posted:

I can’t hear you from inside my panopticon of pleasure

:goofy:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

anyways, heres a palate cleanser to get hyped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPUKGFVrQvE

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

easy money tip:
shoot photo of rich resource deposit, if you cant find one, buy the photo from robbie
set your tracker to rich resource deposit
go to death mountain
every time you find a rich deposit, mark it on the map with a stamp
every couple hours, you can quickly go from stamp to stamp and get dozens of expensive minerals

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Fake James posted:

Speaking of Flux Constructs, what do you do when they levitate really high up in the air as a giant square? I tried riding one of the dropped boxes with rewind, but it doesn't stay upright enough to get near it. I've just been moving off the arena until it loses sight of me then returning when it's back to it's default form, otherwise it takes like 10 minutes or more to stop hovering really high up.

you can use ultrahand to catch a box that is thrown at you and place it down in a way so that rewinding it wont tumble link off of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

congrats on your big brain