Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

this mf said Breathe of the Wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

:hmmyes:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

MokBa posted:

Someone’s going to invent something loving around in TotK that will end up changing the world

"in tears of the kingdom" is going to replace "in minecraft"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

zelda and ganondorf were in hyrule castle making babies and i saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’ve been playing Minish Cap on the GBA app on my Switch. Zelda is good, y’all.

Minish Cap had better music than it had any right to

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Another thing I'm excited about for this game is the music. (I assume they're keeping the same composer from the last game.) As much as Koji Kondo's tunes are iconic, the BotW composer did an amazing job with the modern, sparse piano tracks.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I hated the cutscenes in BotW where Link ate some hosed up berries and just shat himself in the wilderness for 3 days.

I know people love his contributions to Elden Ring but ultimately I think it was a mistake for Nintendo to collaborate with GRRM

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

imo the only thing skyrim improved on from morrowind and oblivion was the combat and leveling mechanics. and even then it was nothing revolutionary. skyrim is still fun tho

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Minish Cap honestly wasn't bad. I wouldn't mind the franchise resurrecting Vaati in some capacity

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

is the game out yet

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Of Mice and Men ENDING EXPLAINED

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Zelda has never been playable in any of the mainline games, right?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

all the characters in the game stand up spartacus-style and announce that they are ganondorf

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

the cowards at nintendo should bring back Midna

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

It takes a lot of close analysis of the lore, so most people don't know that Uncle Fester canonically has the saddest backstory of the Addams Family members. Here's why:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

you could name the protagonist "Nutsack" in Final Fantasy VII but that didn't stop them from calling him "Cloud" in later games

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

"Find me, Link"
*Immediately travels back in time*

[park ranger, pausing video] Now folks, this is another mistake she made. You should never time travel if you wander off the trail.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

we want Zant! we want Zant!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

Only good thing WW has going for it is the artstyle. Bad zelda game otherwise.

I'm going to beat you up in minecraft zelda

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I think realizing Marin and everyone else was gone might've been the first time I teared up at a game. In my heart Marin is the one for Link, and even though I know there are infinite Links, ai still have him just roll past all the Zelda's and rutos and malons of the worlds. Link's soulmate is just a dream, probably why Ganon can never stay sealed. Link is missing the middle of the triforce because the fish woke up.

This but with Midna

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Marin = Tidus
Link = Yuna

That means the owl is Auron

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Edna Mode posted:

When I was in 4th grade playing Link's Awakening for the first time I walked around with Malon for hours. Definitely my first video game crush and the first video game where I had an emotional attachment to the characters. When I replayed it I was surprised at how short that section of the game can be.

if you really loved her you wouldn't get her mixed up with that farmgirl hussy

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

RE Yiga: I liked that after you murk Master Kohga the Yiga attacks become harder and unannounced because they are understandably pissed

it's a fun detail but i do get sick of the huge guys with windcleavers popping in every 10 minutes

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Shiroc posted:

Every time Link dies pushes you into an alternate timeline where Link didn't die there.

This has been happening all along. That's why, canonically, there are 13 billion Zelda timelines

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I mean, Sheik

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

And also Tetra

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I've been playing Minish Cap on Switch and I forgot that that game was pretty fun. Not very hard but it's got some solid dungeons

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

dead hand! dead hand!!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

spoiler alert: this game is going to be good

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

No but I saw a very NWS piece of art called Tears of the FemDom that was well done

did you jack off to it

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

LividLiquid posted:

I hated Tingle in Majora's Mask, but he fit right into the cartoon world of Wind Waker.

massive coward move to leave him out of Twilight Princess and deprive us of realistic grimdark Tingle

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

tingle is one of the most normal parts of majora's mask

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

no, that guy was an unrelated conman who got conned right back

tingle was simply a Weird Pervert (in addition to being a conman in wind waker)

unfortunately,

quote:

Purlo is a direct reference to Tingle. Eiji Aonuma stated that he is what Tingle would look like if he was a realistic character.[7]

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

it's a mainstay of the series

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i heard that this game lets you play as hyrule and it takes place in link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ok it's working now