Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Guess i should finally go back and finish botw. Somehow i got several hundred hours without actually bothering to get the Master Sword, let alone face Gannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

Guess i should finally go back and finish botw. Somehow i got several hundred hours without actually bothering to get the Master Sword, let alone face Gannon.

Started up my last save file from December 2020

Two divine beasts done, think I've unlocked all the towers

Not sure where I am in whatever immediate questline I'm in but I seem to have stopped in Death Mountain

Forgot many of the controls, only batting about .500 vs spider lasers

Guess I'm too far gone to restart but dang it's going to take some work to get my feet back under me

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

You happen to run across enough stables that restocking arrows isn't really something that you have to go out of your way to do.

Wait, are you just stealing arrows from the archery targets at the stables or something?!? You can do that? Dang.

FWIW I still never beat BOTW after several hundred hours so I'm resurrecting my run from late 2020 which has two Beasts and all the towers but I don't think a whole lot else. I don't have Epona for instance.

In a curious coincidence I spent the evening on horseback finishing off trails my Hero's Path says I never rode on. It's pretty drat satisfying.

I'm still pretty shook when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. I want to do it "right" and shield block but I'm pretty bad at the timing, even against Bobokin.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Can't wait for multiplayer

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

quiggy posted:

actually totk just gives you a big list of all the neat stuff right at the very beginning and puts quest markers to find it, they thought all the "discovery" and "adventure" stuff in the last game was overrated

source: it was revealed to me in a dream

this is why the numbered coordinates are on the map, totk revolves around virtual geocaching

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The entire kingdom of Hyrule is procedurally regenerated every time you die, but depending on how well you did you might get enough metacurrency to buy a quarter of a heart or start with bombs

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Yeah, no worries in that department from me. I dusted off BoTW after 2+ years away to start knocking off side-quests, etc and found like a dozen Koroks, 6 shrines, and a few other areas I'm pretty sure I've never been to. It's really nice to have a podcast on and just explore the world :shobon:

Finally got that drat blood moon shrine this evening.

I finally got the Master Sword today, but couldn't do anything else before work. Look forward to using it! I hope I can use it more than once before it has to recharge!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
at least with an old-school map you'll be damned sure where the dragons be

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I absolutely despise the camera in SM64 and I’ve never beaten it for that reason. Everything past Galaxy though, hell yeah.

Three beasts down in my BotW play through but I still have tons left to do. I just finished that crazy thunder shribe quests and completed my second stamina circle. I got too close to a white Lynel who owned me before I could run away even though I had no weapons drawn. Their aggro range is insane.

Haven’t messed with dragons left, still got the camel to finish. Lynels still scare the poo poo out of me, along with anything else bigger than a Moblin or Lizardos. Monsters are so drat tall in this game.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Antonymous posted:

Zelda II is a pretty janky game. with save states it's still bad but without them its literal hell

I played Zelda II well before I played Zelda I, so it's always the one with which I was most familiar. It's still the only game I ever tried "speedrunning" when I was like 12 -- I think I could beat the first quest in 4.5 hours, and the second in 1:20 because you started maxed out.

It wasn't my cartridge, and we were freaked out when we got to the last castle and ran into Dark Link. Took us a couple days to beat him. The last castle also has a couple huge-rear end fuckin blue slimes that we thought were amazing.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
And yet it's still not coinciding with the release of the Switch Pro... or is it?!?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
you know zelda isn't an actual woman right

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Night after night I sit atop the Ridgeland Tower, looking south towards Satori Montain, waiting for it to glow. It never glows. My only companion is that weird guy who likes bird men. I ignore him and wait. It never glows. Night after night. I'm sick of the rain. It never glows. Why does it not glow.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Just Andi Now posted:

Only the moon knows.

I'm on my second blood moon since my watch :(

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I absolutely, positively cannot get Satori Mountain to glow. I stared at that drat mountain all night under a crescent moon at least twice, I think three times and no glow. Supposed to glow for 24 hours after a crescent moon, right? The one after a new moon, and before the 7-day, yes? What the hell?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The problem with those puzzles is how skewed the camera is, its not like you can tilt straight left to make that final jump.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
All my time waiting for Satori Mountain to glow and I forgot you can’t even loving bring the horse lord to the stable gdi

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I don't do much horse riding but it is incredibly chill to just trot around on the map with the horse on autopilot, just taking in the scenery.

e: and the horse riding music is cool

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Frankston posted:

Three weeks to go holy poo poo

In that case, please excuse me while I count them!

And a oooone!
And a twooooo!
And a threeeeee!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Beat the last Divine Beast last night. Thunderblight Ganon's third phase was real tough for me, even with upgraded rubber armor.

Just Ganon now for the main quest. Breaking into the Castle seems pretty drat intimidating after staring at it for the last couple hundred hours.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

maltesh posted:

He also freaks out when a Blood Moon actually happens.

So did I the first dozen times I saw it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
In all seriousness blood moods are maybe my favorite mechanic in all of gaming. They didn't have supply a reason why monsters and stuff respawn after a while but instead we get some amazingly creepy spectacle, between the reversed notes in the music, the embers floating around and that glowing, red moon surrounded by a solar-eclipse-like corona. Just amazing to see.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Starting my infiltration of Hyrule Castle today. Get ready Ganon

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

Starting my infiltration of Hyrule Castle today. Get ready Ganon

Beat him :cool:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I downed my first Lynel yesterday. A blue one, west of Mount Lanayru. Cost me half my bomb arrows and a cool scimitar but looks like the weaponry I got from it is worth it, as long as it has descent durability.

I celebrated by arial bombing the nearby Hinox to death. Sorry dude, I'll beat you legitimately later.

I know AoC has serious framerate issues... is it bad enough to run the experience altogether? I still have a pass left and already have Hyrule Warriors.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I got the AoC based on your reassurances, thanks all :) I'll play some after the Kings game

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I forgot how many drat mechanics there are in Warriors games nowadays. The Hyrule Field battle shoved like a dozen button combos at me in like two minutes! Impa has a totally different paradigm!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The only one I really didn’t care for was the Gerudo champion who sounded and looked just like my fourth grade teacher who absolutely turned me into her special project and gave me ptsd and I’m still not over it

Like what the hell did I ever do to you Ms Tineanne?!? Did you reall have to knock on our door and complain to my Mom about my sandwiches who the hell does that ugh just get on the camel and go away

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
BotW for whatever reason really resists my muscle memory and I restarted at least two 40+ hour playthroughs after coming back after a year and being unable to perform basic functions. Even now playing consistently the past month I have to verify the shield parry button before playing laser baseball, even though I'm batting .900+ now

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Been playing a lot this weekend.

Forgotten temple was a major rush, yow.

I think I downed my first zebra Lynel today because the Red/Blue one I've been beating on got upgraded. What a drat damage sponge, I don't know if it'll be worth it much longer.

Also got my first few legitimate Hinoxes over the last couple days. They're fun :)

I doubt I'll finish everything in the next six days so it's time to break out the Wiki and hit up the major things I've missed. Two Great Fairies to go, and Tanney Town to complete. Yet to face a Molduga too -- really I've been ignoring Gerudo Desert in general because I hate the drat sandstorms.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Two star Ancient Set is great, highly recommend. Makes the strength shrines much easier as well.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Is there a different ending in BotW for reclaiming all 13 memories first?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Thanks :) Think I'll off him again Thursday night then as my last pre-TotK act.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

Rated M in Australia???

M for Mates

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I played BotW another hour or two last night, explored the extreme northwest corner of the map and found four shrines I've never seen before, a hot spring and downed my first stahlnox.

Never did get the motorcycle, kill a molduga, or complete any of the trials in the Korok Forest. I don't know what I'll do tonight -- perhaps the last night I play BotW -- but I'm sure I'll discover something completely new. Game good.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm taking Link home.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

if you press up on the analog stick, link, who you control, moves forward.

When you let go of the analog stick, link, who you still control, drifts to the left.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Kinda wild that Tarrey Town is now larger than Amsterdam

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

But they do have a coffee shop with premium Hyrule Herb that is nice to visit and relax at.

The K.K. Slider cameo is so cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Bolson just liked it better that way :shrug: