Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

The new powers look rad but being reminded it's the same map again is a bit of a bummer and it makes me wonder just how samey it'll be. There's gotta be some major changes in there somewhere (aside from the sky)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

regarding gerudo balls: oh wow I have to do a lot of stuff for this quest, I bet the reward is going to be totally worth it!!!!
:negative:

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hell, even BotW is treated as only partially canon what with the let's-pretend-phantom-ganon-and-the-million-ancient-robots-and-shrines-never-existed act.

This kind of bugged me more than I care to admit and I'm sure it was already discussed in the last 300 pages. The guardians I can see being dismantled so they're not littering the landscape anymore but it would've been neat to see more parts being repurposed around the kingdom.

But yeah what the hell happened to the shrines? Some would've been buried, but in spots where there should definitely be one right out in the open there's just nothing there at all. Did Hyrule's scrap metal freaks come out and dismantle every single shrine?

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Icedude posted:

The only thing I can think of is that the actual Ancient Sheikah had some kind of failsafe in them that triggered when Calamity Ganon was beaten, which made them all fizzle away the same way the monks did in the shrines. If the Ancient Sheikah got exiled because people were afraid of their technology it kind of makes sense that they'd go "This is for fighting the Calamity ONLY and then it goes away" on the stuff they let them keep. It would also explain why almost everything Ancient Sheikah is gone but all of Robbie and Purah's stuff is still around.

That's kind of how I rationalized it in my head. They fulfilled their purpose so they turned into magical sparkles and were carried off by the wind, and that's fine and good enough for me. I absolutely don't care about an extended Zelda timeline at all, it's just that when one game leads directly into another like this they gotta address some things.

Also I've never played Wind Waker and I probably should. Nintendo you goddamn cowards let me buy it on the switch.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

zelda inventory: hey I know the last time you were in here you changed your pants but you picked up an apple 15 minutes ago so clearly that must be what you're in here for, here you go
me: no, I'm going back to the pants
zelda inventory: ok that's cool but I saved the cursor position from the food menu and moved it on the clothing menu too for absolutely no reason. you're welcome!!!!