Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Panera's no good without Vinnie and Dimebag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Panera's no good without Vinnie and Dimebag.

:frolf:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Panera is fast food for lovely yuppies, I used to work at a Panera and thats almost their entire fanbase.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why go somewhere for microwaved food when I have a microwave at home

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?
Grocery store hotbar / deli absolutely clobbers panera, usually there's one within 1/4 mi of any given Panera

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mmmm posted:

Grocery store hotbar / deli absolutely clobbers panera, usually there's one within 1/4 mi of any given Panera

the supermarket near my office makes an insanely good italian sandwich (including prosciutto and herb/olive oil marinated mozzarella) for $8.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

It's always been funny how lovely Europeans think American grocery stores are. Like, there are dedicated bakers, delis, butchers, and even florists in nearly every single grocery store.

They hear we buy our bread in a grocery store and assume it's Wonderbread when it's really a nice baguette that was made hours before it was bought at most.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
have u been to a supermarket in europe?

the euros are correct my guy

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Panera wasn't accepting my Thoughtcoins, so I had to get a manager on the phone. I was like "guys, we're not all Howard"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LuckyCat posted:

Why go somewhere for microwaved food when I have a microwave at home

Almost every modern "restaurant" involves no actual cooking, grandpa

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

I work for the Panera Corporation. AMA and I won't necessarily give you an honest answer

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

grill youre saelf posted:

I work for the Panera Corporation. AMA and I won't necessarily give you an honest answer

Are you going to expand outside of North America

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Also have you ever heard anyone argue that the company is spending too much on bathroom aesthetics

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are you going to expand outside of North America

Panera has an aggressive expansion plan for the next 3 years, but the exact locations haven't been decided yet (most likely no.) Past that, in the future, I believe it will expand to become a global brand.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Panera has an aggressive expansion plan for the next 3 years, but the exact locations haven't been decided yet (most likely no.) Past that, in the future, I believe it will expand to become a global brand.

why the bred suck so bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

why the bred suck so bad

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Why is the Signature Take Sandwich a square chicken patty that is completely inedible, looks nothing like the menu, and is worse than a $2 McChicken?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

why everything but the soup suck so bad

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

LuckyCat posted:

Why is the Signature Take Sandwich a square chicken patty that is completely inedible, looks nothing like the menu, and is worse than a $2 McChicken?

The restaurant has a brown and green color scheme so therefore its healthier.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

I'd say that would be operator error at the specific locations you've been to. The actual chicken breast used is quite high quality and isn't a patty at all. That's why its quite pricey as well unforunately

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Smugworth posted:

why the bred suck so bad

Each location relies on it's own baking team. Perhaps they should be better at their jobs? Can't help you there

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Prof. Crocodile posted:

You are wrong the Sodexo are the alien race from The Fifth Element.

Which one?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I went into a panera bread and the menu just makes no sense. I was waiting on an order next door and mainly went in to drink coffee. I ordered what I thought was a standard sandwich and it was basically just a hollowed out loaf of bread, soaked wet with sauces. Who in the world wants to eat that on a lunch break

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I live next to a Panera

Made my own sandwich for lunch today, turkey, Swiss, lett, tom, mayo and and spicy dijon on RYE

Wavy Lay's and a lemon LA Croix

Suck it PB!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ciabatta should never be used for sandwiches

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I used to work cafe help desk for Panera at their corporate office. It was a thankless job and the tech itself was an unmanaged mess (they would regularly push updates to the stores without testing that would break everything) but the benefits were pretty good. There was a cafe in walking distance and they would on the daily bring in heaps of baked goods for the building. The cafeteria also had a soda fountain and one of those industrial fridges full of milk. I gained a lot of weight there.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Im hungry asf.... could go for a panera.... tuna.... salad....

This is clearly a falsehood because if you were really hungry a thimbleful of brown tuna wouldn’t do a thing for you.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SettingSun posted:

I used to work cafe help desk for Panera at their corporate office. It was a thankless job and the tech itself was an unmanaged mess (they would regularly push updates to the stores without testing that would break everything) but the benefits were pretty good. There was a cafe in walking distance and they would on the daily bring in heaps of baked goods for the building. The cafeteria also had a soda fountain and one of those industrial fridges full of milk. I gained a lot of weight there.

It’s telling that the Panera corporate office does not serve Panera products.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Employees kept cracking their teeth on that hard rear end bread and the dental insurance cost almost put the company out of business

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

What are you all going to do with LSBB's handprint data? Are you going to clone him?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I'd say that would be operator error at the specific locations you've been to. The actual chicken breast used is quite high quality and isn't a patty at all. That's why its quite pricey as well unforunately

Each location relies on it's own baking team. Perhaps they should be better at their jobs? Can't help you there

Are you worried at all that these few bad bread apples are going to spoil your bread bunch?

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Prof. Crocodile posted:

What are you all going to do with LSBB's handprint data? Are you going to clone him?

Yes

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Are you worried at all that these few bad bread apples are going to spoil your bread bunch?

Yes. I want names and places. Heads will roll. I want more stuff to do

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
Just before the pandemic Panera was piloting their in-house delivery service and I guess they rushed QA on it.
You could get the half sammich and salad combo then order additional lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and uh, the rest of the salad - as add-ons. Was like $10 for a gigantic dinner salad and sando for lunch the next day

We haven't eaten there since they fixed the bug. Also that green tea iced tea is pretty good

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

When is the thai chicken soup coming back?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Every Panera has a Bag of Holding and a Wand of Wonder, and no one ever finds them.

And I don't eat there.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s telling that the Panera corporate office does not serve Panera products.

Mcdonalds does actually have a mcdonalds at their corporate HQ...

...but they cycle though their international menus which are significantly higher quality then the slop they can get away with selling to americans.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

When is the thai chicken soup coming back?

Some locations still offer that soup for a limited time. Panera is shifting towards the spring/summer menuso they are pushing the Mexican corn chowder or the summer corn chowder and our newest soup (chicken Tikka masala). The board will vote for it to be re-added, but we'd be looking at the end of summer at the earliest. I only work for the Midwest division, so I'm not entirely sure about the coasts/the south

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I went to Panera and they called me a slur

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Smugworth posted:

I went to Panera and they called me a slur

Bad Poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

i heard you put poo poo loads of bugs in and on the bread