Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
loser poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mark immune posted:

loser poo poo

don't sign your posts

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

don't sign your posts

why not?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

oh I get it

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I don't know it's what I was taught growing up

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

I don't know it's what I was taught growing up

a foolish consistency is the green goblin of dumbass minds

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cannot wait to permaban some problematic accounts.... some have revealed themselves.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

cannot wait to permaban some problematic accounts.... some have revealed themselves.

idk why you're not mod yet, what's taking so long

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

500 good dogs posted:

idk why you're not mod yet, what's taking so long

They gotta transfuse the dumbofication potion into him first. Takes a while. Like chemo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

libster shirt

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

everyone cast your vote in thread using the built-in in thread voting mechanism... completely anonymous and accurate

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'll take him under my wing everybody. No worries

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

more like crapster poo poo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
He seems normal which I suppose is good for the actual moderation side of things but does reduce our chance of an amusing meltdown.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I would have to take a look at the numbers before making a decision. Do you have an internal presentation you can share with the public? How would this affect the current candidates posting output? How would this affect the C-SPAM budget? What is their starting salary? What kind of benefits would C-SPAM be able to offer? Are they working their rear end off full time or part time? Thank you.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Ok I’ll allow it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I ask the candidate to explain the circumstances under which they obtained the QCS Crew gangtag.

I further request a pledge to harass our political enemies in the moderator forum and modmin Discord.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

libster shirt

500 good dogs posted:

I will only accept them as mod if their name is changed for the duration

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i like him, hope he doesn't become weird like some of the others

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Platystemon posted:

I ask the candidate to explain the circumstances under which they obtained the QCS Crew gangtag.

Otherwise they've been cool to me in the parents thread.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I looked through this user's post history briefly and he or she appears to post ~20 times per day in various threads. However, most of the posts seem to have very little in the way of interesting or informative content. I would describe this poster as "white noise", so I see no reason they should be made into a mod.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

put the star on this loser and gas this lovely thread

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I looked through this user's post history briefly and he or she appears to post ~20 times per day in various threads. However, most of the posts seem to have very little in the way of interesting or informative content. I would describe this poster as "white noise", so I see no reason they should be made into a mod.

let’s see your posts

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Some concerning information has recently come to light concerning this fellow.

lobster shirt posted:

my wife is great

lobster shirt posted:

i have two kids and i love them

Are we really that eager to have a moderator with divided loyalties?

Weka
May 5, 2019

lumpentroll posted:

let’s see your posts

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Are you teasing him or did they really make a cop the mod of the left wing politics forum?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

dumb as hell

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

make me the ik of the stewie griffin poltics thread

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

all of them

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lumpentroll posted:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Seems problematic:

lobster shirt posted:

i would not like to see houston destroyed

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

yep. thread is useless for feedback if you're not providing more of a reasoning for why you think they'd make a good mod than "they seem cool" and then let the thread fill with white noise.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lobster shirt: you're in a desert, walking along when you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and flip it over on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt should, at the very least, give some kind of campaign speech. this is c-spam, after all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

or maybe closing arguments

e: you guys should appoint a devil's advocate to make the case for why this guy sucks maybe. my case would probably be something like "maaan gently caress that guy"

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
In all seriousness though, I don't think you should go straight to moderator. Make him an IK and see if he makes good calls or not.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Getting a star has never improved a person’s posting.

Better to give stars to those who have nothing to lose.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

LS what’s your position on the Holodomor? Was it worse than any other genocides happening around the same time, or MUCH MUCH worse

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Zodium posted:

yep. thread is useless for feedback if you're not providing more of a reasoning for why you think they'd make a good mod than "they seem cool" and then let the thread fill with white noise.

To offer a bit more clarification then, for one thing I don't think you have to be a consistent effort poster to be a good mod. It's more important to have a good sense of the community and be comfortable posting with different groups of people in different settings - in other words, to not be stuck in one thread or one style of posting, and not be someone who's going to be uncomfortable if challenged or questioned about a decision. Consistently interesting or informative content helps but isn't the sole measure of a good mod (forum superstars do not necessarily make good mods), it's much more important to be level-headed, well-rounded, and integrated into the wider community. We've had examples of mods in the past who were too insular in one part of the subforum and were not good at moderating outside that part, and we've had mods who expected everybody to live up to their own standards of what was interesting or informative, and clashed with people as a result. I would rather have somebody who's regularly taking part in multiple casual discussions across the subforum and outside of cspam even if that means some of their posts are "white noise", because that reflects somebody who's comfortable in their own skin and relatively relaxed which are both assets for the kind of moderation we want here.

I think lobster shirt fits the bill and seems like a pretty normal, level-headed person who is likely to contribute to the current mod team's efforts to keep cspam a relaxed place for politics posting without going overboard into mod voice or trying to reshape the forum into something that it's not. Obviously there's no way to tell how someone will do until you actually give them a chance, but that's why I would like to make them a mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

not gonna read that poo poo