Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

me neither. You can tell from how consistently awful my posting was from the years of 2008, when I was a teenager, to 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

now we're getting down to brass tacks... who is 'they'??

idk but they are really fukkin stupid

lobster shirt posted:

oi was reading the ff7 lp and it went behind the paywall

no one who joined during the lp era can be a bad apple bring him in vyelkin :hai:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

libster shirt

still holding firm on their name being changed to this

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

vyelkin posted:

I get what you mean but I think it still serves a useful purpose. Take Podima as an example, the thing that we hadn't seen was something happening within the last few years, offsite but obviously linked to SA and involving many goons who knew the details and could tell us about them at the drop of a hat, but who hadn't been given a venue to share them or were worried about retribution. lobster shirt being a rereg does make public vetting of the distant past here on SA harder, but that's the kind of thing we can more easily check in the background before approaching them. Despite their account being a rereg, if there was some other issue like sketchy offsite discord activity, this kind of public process still gives a space for someone who's aware of it to tell us ahead of time. If it seems more pro forma than that, I think that could actually be a positive sign that there isn't some glaring and obvious red flag that we just weren't looking in the right place to find.

pro forma processes don't serve any purpose and aren't useful. that's what makes them pro forma. gas this useless thread and give them the star.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

me neither. You can tell from how consistently awful my posting was from the years of 2008, when I was a teenager, to 2023

i pray no one goes thru the archives to see my posts from 2009, when i was watching Community and posting the jokes i just saw on TV IV

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

make me the ik of the cum warriors thread

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lobster shirt posted:

i can assure everyone here that i am not in any goon discords lol

not yet

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

oi was reading the ff7 lp and it went behind the paywall

Which post were u?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cqtaKQLwA

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

feel like its got to be asked if mod candidate libster shirt has participated in rape and torture RPs set in the Riven (sequel to 1993 computer game Myst) universe

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bedpan posted:

still holding firm on their name being changed to this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ok has libster shirt passed all the background checks now?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what’s his credit score

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

fart simpson posted:

ok has libster shirt passed all the background checks now?

still waiting to find out if he's ever played riven. uru may also be disqualifying

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 85 days!
mods: hey we're considering making this guy a mod. anyone have any beef or concerns with that?

goons: how the gently caress am i supposed to know that without their social security number and two weeks lead time??

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

that's right, whose rereg someone is is exactly the same as doxxing them irl.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zodium posted:

that's right, whose rereg someone is is exactly the same as doxxing them irl.

i think, perhaps, croup is 'kidding around'

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they're right tho. ideally all mods would be genetically engineered and raised in isolation, like Spartans

Am I still allowed to make the obvious joke about Spartan mods here

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Questions for Shirt from USCIS form N-400

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fart simpson posted:

what’s his credit score

Need to know his credit card number with the 3 numbers on the back and zip code to make double sure before I approve him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Need to know his credit card number with the 3 numbers on the back and zip code to make double sure before I approve him

actually this is a good point: ls, what are you going to personally give me to sweeten this deal and gain my "seal of approval"??

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

what's your perfect sunday libster shirt?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
too many goons for it so i'm against it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Questions for Shirt from USCIS form N-400

i think according to operation paperclip if you answer yes to all of these you get to replace jeff

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they seem fine, appreciate our overlords asking for input

being a mod isnt a big deal youre just a janitor on an internet forum, if you are bad and abuse your powers you will be removed

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they seem fine, appreciate our overlords asking for input

being a mod isnt a big deal youre just a janitor on an internet forum, if you are bad and abuse your powers you will be removed

the voice of reason

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

No one really knows how they'll perform as a mod until they do, including that person. Stakes are pretty low, though, so the worst case scenario is they turn out to be a disaster and are entrenched in the position forever until they have a hilarious meltdown in SAD, which is fun for me.

I don't know lobster shirt super well but they seem all right.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
I don't care if someone's a rereg if they are not an insane acting rereg

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Cuttlefush posted:

I don't care if someone's a rereg if they are not an insane acting rereg

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

croup coughfield posted:

rescinding my support, too manby words

yep. not even a mod yet and already writing boring paragraphs about posts that i will not read

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
He said, "Kid, we only got one question: have you ever been probed"

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the Boxing Day Massacree, with full orchestration and five part harmony and stuff like that and all the phenome...

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

who?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

yep. not even a mod yet and already writing boring paragraphs about posts that i will not read

you read all of them because you're addicted to knowing whats going on. admit it

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

If they've managed not to be an egregious weirdo for two years they probably have their personality problems in check.

lmao though that cspam janitor needs a written corpus and a security clearance

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 85 days!
sending a female operative to "run into" lobster shirt at a bar and convince him to leak the mod forum

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

croup coughfield posted:

sending a female operative to "run into" lobster shirt at a bar and convince him to leak the mod forum

my loyalty to my wife is unassailable

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
if you will not leak the mod forum then perhaps she will

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lumpentroll posted:

make me the ik of the stewie griffin poltics thread

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

👎 cause i ain't never seen lobster shirt post in the Trump thread. lobster shirt will destroy the Trump thread and i cannot allow that. gonna give this rereg (possibly permabanned user) a big fat NO. 👎👎👎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hello?? is anyone listening???? LOBSTER SHIRT WILL DESTROY THE TRUMP THREAD!!!