Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
not much what's anti natalism with you?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

EXTREMELY problematic to post gun emotes in the days after a school shootin.g troubling...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

NeonPunk posted:

Why is it whenever that stories from the Nazi holocaust where some parents knew what was happening in those camps and the Nazi was going through their town snatching people up, they would kill their own kids so they wouldn't have to go through that horror, folks are all like "oh that's so tragic, I wouldn't be able to do that, but I can understand why they were droven to do that"

But whenever someone say that they don't want children because of the unimaginable horrors of climate change and they don't want them to suffer through that, everyone is all like "HURR DURR you're a piece of poo poo monsters for not producing kids, they're a blessing!!!!1! Ban this person for implying children is terrible"

actually the horrors of climate change are quite imaginable

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It's too bad that there can't be any meaningful discussion about humanity as relates to carrying capacity in an ecosystem or environmental degradation through mining, deforestation, and pollution without invoking the thought-terminating cliché of Malthus, who was fundamentally correct in the premise that the power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the Earth to produce subsistence for man. The Green Revolution has us living on borrowed time as far as the amount of food we are producing today, never mind the future. The amount we produce could feed everyone now, but production itself is artificially high due to us essentially mining the soil. Our intensive monocultures can't do anything but create dust bowls in the long run- what happens when the Ogallala aquifer is gone? For the future of any breadbasket under current management, look to the Aral Sea.

The only mention I see about the future of human population in media is about how fertility rates are going down, which in light of an ever-expanding population, seems a silly thing to fixate on. It's true that plastics and other endocrine disruptors continue to accumulate unabated (theoretically in this regard, a smarter species might try to mitigate the harm it's doing to itself)- but maybe Earth just wants fewer people and is nerfing our ability to reproduce :shrug:

That said I have nothing against having kids and always celebrate with my friends when they have one. I don't want to let on what I know and bum them out, because the effect of bringing up any of this would do nothing in the spirit of friendship. "Let people enjoy things" etc.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

that's because everyone has known its not a real problem since people thought about Thomas malthus' proposal for about 5 minutes.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's too bad that there can't be any meaningful discussion about humanity as relates to carrying capacity in an ecosystem or environmental degradation through mining, deforestation, and pollution without invoking the thought-terminating cliché of Malthus, who was fundamentally correct in the premise that the power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the Earth to produce subsistence for man. The Green Revolution has us living on borrowed time as far as the amount of food we are producing today, never mind the future. The amount we produce could feed everyone now, but production itself is artificially high due to us essentially mining the soil. Our intensive monocultures can't do anything but create dust bowls in the long run- what happens when the Ogallala aquifer is gone? For the future of any breadbasket under current management, look to the Aral Sea.

The only mention I see about the future of human population in media is about how fertility rates are going down, which in light of an ever-expanding population, seems a silly thing to fixate on. It's true that plastics and other endocrine disruptors continue to accumulate unabated (theoretically in this regard, a smarter species might try to mitigate the harm it's doing to itself)- but maybe Earth just wants fewer people and is nerfing our ability to reproduce :shrug:

That said I have nothing against having kids and always celebrate with my friends when they have one. I don't want to let on what I know and bum them out, because the effect of bringing up any of this would do nothing in the spirit of friendship. "Let people enjoy things" etc.

shut the gently caress up

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ogallala my balls

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dont really care about population takes from people who havent seen a pussy or their dick in years

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Mad hominem

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i enjoyed interacting with my children today

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Why do I get the feeling whenever a blue star shows up that someone reported something and it didn't take

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i can check the reports forum again but afaik nothing from this thread has been reported. i do have it in my bookmarks however.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

why, did you report someone?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

after checking the reports forum: no reports from this thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

chedck again

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thank you for your service.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just had a thought. Anti natalism could be a positive thing for the world. Once the youngest person on Earth turns 18, pedophilia cease to exist *snap fingers* just like that.

Anyone who wants to argue for natalism is just supporting pedos.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
gunna have a 3rd kid just to spite goons

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

gunna have a 3rd kid just to spite goons

No! No!!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NeonPunk posted:

Just had a thought. Anti natalism could be a positive thing for the world. Once the youngest person on Earth turns 18, pedophilia cease to exist *snap fingers* just like that.

Anyone who wants to argue for natalism is just supporting pedos.

huh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i've seen that take posted unironically on r/childfree before lol

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

im the last generation and apex of humanity and the world will end when I die and nothing interesting or worthwhile will happen on earth after im gone. sorry but thats just scientific Facts but yall aint ready for that conversation 💅

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!
crotchspawn!!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

children are a gift imo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

children are a gift imo

*for pedos

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

*for pedos

This is gross man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

*for pedos

hey man, maybe this is one of the subject matters where you should wait until you have a really good joke to breach because otherwise you might just come off kind of weird

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

NeonPunk posted:

*for pedos

gently caress off

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
The trucks and SUVs and Teslas of the world are already too well fed OP

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I wouldn't wish the gift of children on my worst enemy. ie. my mom and dad.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

*for pedos

dogg you have to get off the internet for a little bit. youre in too deep

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

children are a gift imo

Yeah I just wish they came with a receipt, haahahahaahaha

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001