Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

why do so many of you have opinions about having children?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

World War Mammories posted:

it's something women do and i hate women op

ive taken a big poo poo before and it’s not a big deal imo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zeroisanumber posted:

The world is a gently caress but maybe the kids will do better? Probably not, but maybe.

Is that hope?

sghut the gently caress up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NeonPunk posted:

Doesn't compute. You cannot be communist if you exploit, oppress, and abuse the woman to pump out kids every 10 months.

pumping out a kid isnt even that hard, i just took a big poo poo this morning and it was easy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NeonPunk posted:

Why is it whenever that stories from the Nazi holocaust where some parents knew what was happening in those camps and the Nazi was going through their town snatching people up, they would kill their own kids so they wouldn't have to go through that horror, folks are all like "oh that's so tragic, I wouldn't be able to do that, but I can understand why they were droven to do that"

But whenever someone say that they don't want children because of the unimaginable horrors of climate change and they don't want them to suffer through that, everyone is all like "HURR DURR you're a piece of poo poo monsters for not producing kids, they're a blessing!!!!1! Ban this person for implying children is terrible"

you okay there man?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's too bad that there can't be any meaningful discussion about humanity as relates to carrying capacity in an ecosystem or environmental degradation through mining, deforestation, and pollution without invoking the thought-terminating cliché of Malthus, who was fundamentally correct in the premise that the power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the Earth to produce subsistence for man. The Green Revolution has us living on borrowed time as far as the amount of food we are producing today, never mind the future. The amount we produce could feed everyone now, but production itself is artificially high due to us essentially mining the soil. Our intensive monocultures can't do anything but create dust bowls in the long run- what happens when the Ogallala aquifer is gone? For the future of any breadbasket under current management, look to the Aral Sea.

The only mention I see about the future of human population in media is about how fertility rates are going down, which in light of an ever-expanding population, seems a silly thing to fixate on. It's true that plastics and other endocrine disruptors continue to accumulate unabated (theoretically in this regard, a smarter species might try to mitigate the harm it's doing to itself)- but maybe Earth just wants fewer people and is nerfing our ability to reproduce :shrug:

That said I have nothing against having kids and always celebrate with my friends when they have one. I don't want to let on what I know and bum them out, because the effect of bringing up any of this would do nothing in the spirit of friendship. "Let people enjoy things" etc.

shut the gently caress up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dont really care about population takes from people who havent seen a pussy or their dick in years

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

chedck again

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NeonPunk posted:

Just had a thought. Anti natalism could be a positive thing for the world. Once the youngest person on Earth turns 18, pedophilia cease to exist *snap fingers* just like that.

Anyone who wants to argue for natalism is just supporting pedos.

huh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

let them cook

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NeonPunk posted:

*for pedos

elaborate OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fanfic insert posted: