Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It's too bad that there can't be any meaningful discussion about humanity as relates to carrying capacity in an ecosystem or environmental degradation through mining, deforestation, and pollution without invoking the thought-terminating cliché of Malthus, who was fundamentally correct in the premise that the power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the Earth to produce subsistence for man. The Green Revolution has us living on borrowed time as far as the amount of food we are producing today, never mind the future. The amount we produce could feed everyone now, but production itself is artificially high due to us essentially mining the soil. Our intensive monocultures can't do anything but create dust bowls in the long run- what happens when the Ogallala aquifer is gone? For the future of any breadbasket under current management, look to the Aral Sea.

The only mention I see about the future of human population in media is about how fertility rates are going down, which in light of an ever-expanding population, seems a silly thing to fixate on. It's true that plastics and other endocrine disruptors continue to accumulate unabated (theoretically in this regard, a smarter species might try to mitigate the harm it's doing to itself)- but maybe Earth just wants fewer people and is nerfing our ability to reproduce :shrug:

That said I have nothing against having kids and always celebrate with my friends when they have one. I don't want to let on what I know and bum them out, because the effect of bringing up any of this would do nothing in the spirit of friendship. "Let people enjoy things" etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Mad hominem

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Why do I get the feeling whenever a blue star shows up that someone reported something and it didn't take

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

gunna have a 3rd kid just to spite goons

No! No!!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Fixed everything as in all his chuds died in shameful hiding or by their own hand including himself

*dusts hands* and that's the last we'll ever be hearing of ol' Hitler, yessiree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Germany loves the mythologized version of cowboys and Indians, they are not great students of history outside the one or two chapters they wrote themselves