Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

About as often as you make new threads, OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well that may be true but

Sorry i don't know where i was going with that

I have adhd and it makes it hard for me to keep track of where my thoughts go

I keep running out of my adhd med at the end of each month and i have to go off it a couple days so i don't miss it on a work day

Anyway i spent most of the time writing this post thinking about how i better send it and not just draft it so sorry if it sucks :shrug: (i know, i know, that's just my normal posting)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
5:1 ratio of unposted to posted.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dixville posted:

Well that may be true but

Sorry i don't know where i was going with that

I have adhd and it makes it hard for me to keep track of where my thoughts go

I keep running out of my adhd med at the end of each month and i have to go off it a couple days so i don't miss it on a work day

Anyway i spent most of the time writing this post thinking about how i better send it and not just draft it so sorry if it sucks :shrug: (i know, i know, that's just my normal posting)

I didn't mean to offend. I mean, people like yourself are what keeps these forums from being dead. I've been here 7 years and have made just as many threads in that time. The forums would be a ghost town if it was just people like me posting.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
way more than I would like to admit

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
ahh, poo poo. I actually posted that, didn't I

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Valko posted:

I didn't mean to offend. I mean, people like yourself are what keeps these forums from being dead. I've been here 7 years and have made just as many threads in that time. The forums would be a ghost town if it was just people like me posting.

We cool man no offense taken. I'll be the first to admit i have a thread starting problem. It's like diarrhea of the fingers like it just comes out like AAAAAHHHHHH yeah like that

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dixville posted:

We cool man no offense taken. I'll be the first to admit i have a thread starting problem. It's like diarrhea of the fingers like it just comes out like AAAAAHHHHHH yeah like that

As an Awful App for Android phone poster, making new threads is exceptionally difficult

You can have all my new thread credits so :justpost:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

As an Awful App for Android phone poster, making new threads is exceptionally difficult

You can have all my new thread credits so :justpost:

Posting threads works great on iPhone op, you try that?

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I get halfway through typing a post before I decide it is trash all of the time op.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

rear end-penny posted:

I get halfway through typing a post before I decide it is trash all of the time op.

why did you think this post was worth it?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
not enough, op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

get his rear end

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I was being sincere. Asking an honest question

shen
Jan 22, 2006

I do this a lot, it's usually one of:

1) Get a spark or idea for a post, but then I either run out of steam after that initial burst of creativity, or look over the whole thing in "preview reply" and realize it's garbage or trying too hard. I also hate reading my past writing in general.

2) I mean to post in a thread but take too long to craft my post (need to "have enough time to do it right), and then by that point the thread has already moved on. I first saw this thread on Thursday, but am only now getting around to actually replying, Sunday night with all chores and stuff done.

3) I write a post but then realize I wouldn't want to engage with replies to it. This isn't just for SA, I've nearly stopped making facebook or other social media posts in general. It's different for private group chats I'm in with friends, I post all the time in those, but once you get to public posting in general or even facebook's "friends of friends can see and reply to your comment on a friend's wall" I've realized over the past 5 years or so I've developed this growing misanthropy, it feels like the online equivalent of how senior citizens or others just start closing themselves off from human contact until they're only going outside once a week to get groceries.

Recently I've been trying to get out of my rut and just post.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I was being sincere. Asking an honest question

mumpy confounded by the idea of not posting every compulsive thought

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pontificating rear end posted:

mumpy confounded by the idea of not posting every compulsive thought

should I answer this or just let it stew a while?

Ahh gently caress. I already did it didn't I?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

shen posted:

I do this a lot, it's usually one of:

1) Get a spark or idea for a post, but then I either run out of steam after that initial burst of creativity, or look over the whole thing in "preview reply" and realize it's garbage or trying too hard. I also hate reading my past writing in general.

2) I mean to post in a thread but take too long to craft my post (need to "have enough time to do it right), and then by that point the thread has already moved on. I first saw this thread on Thursday, but am only now getting around to actually replying, Sunday night with all chores and stuff done.

3) I write a post but then realize I wouldn't want to engage with replies to it. This isn't just for SA, I've nearly stopped making facebook or other social media posts in general. It's different for private group chats I'm in with friends, I post all the time in those, but once you get to public posting in general or even facebook's "friends of friends can see and reply to your comment on a friend's wall" I've realized over the past 5 years or so I've developed this growing misanthropy, it feels like the online equivalent of how senior citizens or others just start closing themselves off from human contact until they're only going outside once a week to get groceries.

:glomp:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Sometimes I get all hot and bothered to reply to some Internet bullshit and then I remember I don't have to be driven to school due to someone else being a moron. That would be letting Internet morons have power over you and I delete the post.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Almost never.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

shen posted:

No this is the correct response in this case, social media is a loving cesspool
I will often post stuff (on social media and here) and then just coast on out and don't respond to or even read any replies and it's probably good for my mental health but i probably get owned sometimes so who can say which is better

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
posts are a bit like racing pigeons; they can't all be winners

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

op wanted to know how critical of our own posting we are? :shrug:

edit for clarity

Ass-penny fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 4, 2023

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Sometimes I'm just too high or tired and I end up losing the train of thought and either give up or leave it open in a tab in case I remember what the heck I was gonna say

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
forgot i had a post saved here for later

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i dont hold my shits in either

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
like half the time. or I'll open a "quote" in a new tab to reply and realize it was like 10 pages ago.

i don't always feel like i fit in anywher :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I like how we can pick right back up with a year old thread and keep posting. It's nice. :)

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT
Never. I just post as directed. Right?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

FIRE AWAY :blastu::blastu::blastu:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

:911:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

witnessed

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pretty regularly I'll type up something that sounds funny in my head, but then I re-read it and delete it because it was dumb and everyone would hate it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
chinatown really shoulda left that one in drafts but....

but.,,,.......

ima leave this one in drafts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What was this guy's deal? I don't remember him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I do this more with a comment on social media. I'll write a response or joke and just say nahhh nm