Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

everyone yawning at this isn't looking at the big picture. when he easily beats this and gets a 20 point bump in the polls, think of how much dems are gonna lose their loving minds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

i feel that this bridge has effectively been burnt and no one on the planet holds a grudge like trump

Yeah, that bridge is thoroughly burned but he's also only 44, he's not just thinking about this election. He can absolutely wait out Trump as long as he stays in the good graces of the GOP primary voters in Florida and run in 2028 or 2032. He's younger now than Obama was when he was elected. If he plays his cards right, we'll be hearing about him for the next few decades.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Best outcome, Trump goes to prison, wins the 2024 election anyway. Refuses to pardon self because he can't bring self to admit guilt, so has to be president from prison for 4 years. Someone who is good at law please help me by assuring me that this is possible.

the funniest possible outcome is him getting convicted then elected and then ordering the secret service to treat any attempt to arrest trump as if they were kidnapping the president and no cops being willing to see if the secret service will follow that order. trump then spends four years officially as a fugitive and pushes through a constitutional change to get a third term because he is afraid they might actually jail him if he's not in office

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the idea of trump lifting a weight is so funny

he rather famously believes that a heart only has so many beats in it and so anything that raises heart rate automatically lowers life expectancy but drat near every cartoon of him makes him look like a gym rat. the heart attack gun conspiracy theories when he croaks are gonna be amazing

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

Brett Favre believed the same thing but about using his arm. I love rich famous dumb people

Cy Young did too, and famously warmed up as little as possible because of it, and at least for that I can understand, since they're stressing their ligaments more often and further than anyone in history, but ligaments and muscles are very different things.