Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

i love how they can just say this poo poo without needing to even give a reason why

And that quote doesn't hold up to even the slightest scrutiny. China doesn't need to worry too much about who's on the (permanent) Security Council because how could any combination be worse than the majority being the US, the UK, and France? Also China isn't invading other countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

get it now!?!

Jesus Christ

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Weka posted:

Over 15 years, a mean not a median? Yeah probably.

Almost certainly but conveniently 15 years is right after the great recession up to the very start of biden inflation, probably the best window to measure and get that result since 1972.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

To be fair, if you're freezing the assets of a sovereign nation on a whim you're already 90% of the way there. You've got their money, they can't have it back (until they meet your demands), what's the difference if you start spending it? You've already shown to everyone the system can't be trusted if you piss off the US.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yeah you're all correct, I think I'm just pessimistic about the western hegemony ever coming to terms with Russia to an extent they get their money back and thus consider it a fait accompli.