Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fatherboxx)

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

OddObserver posted:

Something is a little goofy about the link from the old thread --- throws an error for me. (Maybe the action=stick in the URL?)

Should link to showthread.php instead of postings.php, like this:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028717

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

ummel posted:

This is just pure speculation because I don't know anything about the original source.... but.... Wouldn't the 4D chess move by Russia/FSB be to claim "these poor citizens were coaxed into this act by foreign adversaries because no one would do this normally because we are all very patriotic and love the military?" Instead of framing it as disgruntled people, frame it as foreign meddling?

Local news sometimes mention "Ukrainian accent" or "Ukrainian handlers" when reporting on scam calls.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I mean, being friends with an actual ukrainian soldier, this is much closer to the general mood he reports than the above two posts

"proxy war" included?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Nenonen posted:

My Blyat Will Go On

:perfect: considering the imagery

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

^ Blinken, not Biden

@kenklippenstein posted:

Secretary of State Antony Blinken will be traveling to Ukraine for a major policy announcement on May 15, US official tells me
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1788589591626199237