Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fatherboxx)

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Funnily, he had it redacted since then, but this was a yet another Twitter Spaces flameout, earlier in the week, from Elon.

Is there any way to know that? Musk saying things are being done is a whole other thing than them actually being done. Removing "Elon is the Most Special Boy" and not replacing it with "Elon is the Very Most Special Boy" seems unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Saladman posted:

BBC is reporting that he faces up to 15 years, so I guess they’re expecting those "per document" sentences to run concurrently, not consecutively. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65270966

I wonder if it is uncharted territory for trying someone leaking documents this way: not accidentally, not for monetary gain, and not for a political agenda, but because they’re a loving idiot.

You don't think a Young White Christian Gun and Race War Enthusiast (that the Washington Post assures us is Charismatic) has a political agenda? MTG says he is a hero and and anti-war (against Russian interests) figure.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

I want to love beets because they are healthy but they taste like satan's butthole so

I have a foodie cousin from California who had reached adulthood without ever having had a pickled beet. So I made some, and after a couple days of pickling, I offered her one. She said "This tastes like vinegar and dirt" I said "I know, Right?!?". But she said it like it was a bad thing.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Mr. Apollo posted:

Wouldn't this be easily detectable since those painted planes wouldn't cast shadows?

Is it better than nothing? Almost certainly. Does it make the folks at home feel good? Kinda!

Getting a fistfull of contractors and conscripts to splash some paint around isn't the worst military use of 400 low-grade man hours.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

MikusR posted:

ANTIFA (at least in europe) is a Russian sponsored organization.

Ok. How do you imagine that works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

spankmeister posted:

In what situation would Ohio need air defense? Being basically land locked with other US states

Ohio still has some pretty big air force bases, and a lot of critical manufacturing infrastructure. There used to be Nike sites in Cleveland. Can still crawl around on the concrete pads for the Nike launch site outside St. Louis as well.

As mentioned, we standardized on fighters for intercept rather than nuclear-tipped SAMs, but the missile infrastructure was built out and active into the 60's, with a couple good sized radiological accidents over the years.