Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

unfortunately everyone who has posted in this thread is now in the running, good luck to you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Luckily, I never win any contests

not gonna hit me with that mod star

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If I win, I promise to abuse my powers

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I don't really post in LP much anymore, I barely update my own LPs, don't know anyone in this forum, don't engage with the community, have no sense of proper rule etiquette, and probably wouldn't bother using my powers anyway.

I'll do it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Mix. posted:

unfortunately everyone who has posted in this thread is now in the running, good luck to you all

This is dangerous, I've already proven willing to probe 3 people an hour, every hour, if it makes my life easier. :ohdear:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:kommissar: Bring back the posting gulag!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
As your new mod of LP, I pledge to bring an unprecedented era of productivity to the forums in the form of the Just Post Initiative. Posting will not only be encouraged, but in fact be mandatory, and all lurkers will be required to post not only their own LP but engage in a least three threads a week.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
My first order of being a mod will be a petition to rename the forum "Let's Game 'n' Go".

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

My first order of business will be to forget I'm a mod entirely until I get an angry dm asking why I've not done anything to help the other mods.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

My first order of being a mod will be a petition to rename the forum "Let's Game 'n' Go".

You got my vote

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Why stop at just one mod? Promote everyone who posts here.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There are now bad ideas in this thread. There are some extremely embarrassing and stupid ideas in this thread, but there are no bad ideas...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

There are now bad ideas in this thread. There are some extremely embarrassing and stupid ideas in this thread, but there are no bad ideas...

Whaddaya mean, "now"?!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

nine-gear crow posted:

There are now bad ideas in this thread.

Typo speaking truth.

How much of the forum is one supposed to be reading on a daily basis as a mod? Or is it ok to just chill in your usual few threads and respond to reports?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mix. posted:

:getin:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
So rather than start a campaign to make me mod for another four years--or more horrifyingly, an admin--i figured i'd make a bunch of people IKs so they can try out buttons and see if they even like the idea of being mod. that way it's like a video game where i am some sort of large enemy that when defeated splits into three smaller enemies.

tithin and leal, due to your stated interest, you've been given grey stars. i'll send you the IK how-to document via PM in a bit. oldskool, unfortunately, there are no grey anarchy symbols so i did not make you a grey star.

i want to make one more IK before steppin' away. any one else want to try it for a spin? less onerous than mod! see if you even like it! we could even just toss every name into a random generator and have the final star pulled that way.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
leal, lemme know where i can send you tha IK deets

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Sally posted:

i want to make one more IK before steppin' away. any one else want to try it for a spin? less onerous than mod! see if you even like it! we could even just toss every name into a random generator and have the final star pulled that way.

poo poo, why not. I'm game.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Give me power, I'm very balanced and can be trusted with it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can confirm, PurpleXVI has certainly never controlled my thoughts nor brainwashed me into an obedient little puppet in a bid to accumulate popular support.
Also we got this cool new fan club you should all come over, I baked brownies!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

if you're foolish enough to make me IK my first act will be to slap you and then myself with a sixer.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sally posted:

tithin and leal, due to your stated interest, you've been given grey stars.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've gone mad with power

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Both new IKs immediately probed themselves when given this power. Sorta like how you melt when you view the arc of the covenant

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

gotta use it on yourself to know how it feels first :v:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Geemer posted:

if you're foolish enough to make me IK my first act will be to slap you and then myself with a sixer.

IKs can't probe mods or admins, sadly.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

IKs can't probe mods or admins, sadly.

Well, I guess I'd just have to wait for Sally to actually step down, then.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I don’t need a general forum IKship, but being able to edit spoilers out of posts without having to ping you guys would be neat, even if it’s been a minute since it came up.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

All jokes aside, if something needs to be looked at, send me a PM (can't see the reports forum) and I'll take care of it.

TeeQueue posted:

I don’t need a general forum IKship, but being able to edit spoilers out of posts without having to ping you guys would be neat, even if it’s been a minute since it came up.

Especially poo poo like this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mix. posted:

gotta use it on yourself to know how it feels first :v:

I had to make sure the [img] tags worked the same way in probes. Don't want to look silly if I mess that up!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Most of the tags work the same but videos don't embed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Congratudolences to tithin and Leal. Best of luck on your new IK experience and I look forward to seeing which of you becomes the new Some Plague Rats :tipshat:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

nine-gear crow posted:

Congratudolences to tithin and Leal. Best of luck on your new IK experience and I look forward to seeing which of you becomes the new Some Plague Rats :tipshat:

:catstare:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

DoubleNegative posted:

poo poo, why not. I'm game.

PurpleXVI posted:

Give me power, I'm very balanced and can be trusted with it.

DoubleNegative and PurpleXVI... your names are now in the ring for the third star. This will be settled in the most SALP of fashion...

THROUGH ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!

PM me your choice. When I have both, I will reveal them in this thread to see who has won that round. Best of three takes the star.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
adding sirens :siren: didn't have any of those last post./

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm ready to press buttons if anyone cheats at rock, paper, scissors.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hey LP IKs sound neat, it would make more people read threads they wouldn't otherwise through reports at the very least.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Hmmmmm... serious suggestion actually.

I saw in a discussion in SAD (the new QCS) recently that admins consider IKs very low stakes and can make them any time.

What if... we make OPs of LP threads an IK of that thread by default, or upon request?

Edit: There is a subforum of PYF called "post my favorites" where the OP of any thread is the only one who can post in that thread. I think they made it such that ops there are automatically made IKs so they can change their own title. So if this already exists on a technical level, this wouldn't be any work either.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Hey LP IKs sound neat, it would make more people read threads they wouldn't otherwise through reports at the very least.

IKs don't have access to reports sadly, they need to be told where the trouble is.