Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hmmmmm... serious suggestion actually.

I saw in a discussion in SAD (the new QCS) recently that admins consider IKs very low stakes and can make them any time.

What if... we make OPs of LP threads an IK of that thread by default, or upon request?

Edit: There is a subforum of PYF called "post my favorites" where the OP of any thread is the only one who can post in that thread. I think they made it such that ops there are automatically made IKs so they can change their own title. So if this already exists on a technical level, this wouldn't be any work either.

You'd probably want a level of privilege below IK who can't give out any probes without mod approval, but that's not a bad idea otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren: ROUND 1 :siren:

quote:

DoubleNegative wrote on Apr 8, 2023 00:47:
For round one, I call... Rock!

quote:

PurpleXVI wrote on Apr 8, 2023 01:08:
Rock?! Rock... rock.

Both call rock! Round 1 is a draw.

PM me your choices for Round 2!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also, should we take bets? who do you think will win in which round?

av change to the winner?

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Sally posted:

av change to the winner?

Putting my vote in on PurpleXVI

i hope you remember this when you take over the subforum with your newfound ik powers

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Sally posted:

av change to the winner?

I'll vote for DN.
Probe those who chose the loser.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Geemer posted:

It's only fair :hmmyes:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren: ROUND 2 :siren:

quote:

PurpleXVI wrote on Apr 8, 2023 10:24:
My genius strategy is to have no strategy other than rock: No one will ever predict such a mindless play.

I strongly predict that my opponent is likely to also do the same for at least several moves, so this is going to get comical.

quote:

DoubleNegative wrote on Apr 8, 2023 10:26:
One, two, three... Scissors!

PurpleXVI calls rock. DoubleNegative calls scissors. While the scissors play is one after my own heart, PurpleXVI wins this round.

1-0 for PurpleXVI.

I also appreciate thay PurpleXVI has gone full mindgames. RPS is serious business.

Players, PM me your plays for Round 3!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Strong start, strong start. Mindgames are where it's at. :golfclap:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

IKs don't have access to reports sadly, they need to be told where the trouble is.

What the heck, this is bullshit, might as well call the whole thing off!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I really hope that insert the winner's name here when announced wins!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren: ROUND 3 :siren:

quote:

DoubleNegative wrote on Apr 8, 2023 13:07:
Because it surely won't backfire picking the thing that is weak to what my opponent has declared he will continue to do... I'm slamming that SCISSORS BUTTON as hard as I can. Again.

quote:

PurpleXVI wrote on Apr 8, 2023 13:20:
Clearly no one would expect me to actually play rock after my strategy has been revealed, thus: I will play rock.

though i'm a big scissors player myself, it cannot be denied... rock beats scissors.

PurpleXVI, you have won the match. your grey star is in the mail. big round of applause for our contestants.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
lmao, I can't believe that worked.

BIGGEST SMALL BRAIN.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Good ol' rock. Nothing beats that.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Wait, what do you mean scissors aren't unbeatable? :v:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

PurpleXVI posted:

lmao, I can't believe that worked.

BIGGEST SMALL BRAIN.

This is why I put my trust in you, new IK overlord :hai:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You can't argue with results!!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

DoubleNegative posted:

Wait, what do you mean scissors aren't unbeatable? :v:

I respect your bold and novel strategy of "thinking" and "using your brain." Well fought.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

PurpleXVI posted:

I respect your bold and novel strategy of "thinking" and "using your brain." Well fought.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Well fought indeed! Every time I've sent a PM to Sally today, I spent like the next 5 minutes laughing because of how silly play-by-post rock paper scissors is. It was p.fun though!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

Well fought indeed! Every time I've sent a PM to Sally today, I spent like the next 5 minutes laughing because of how silly play-by-post rock paper scissors is. It was p.fun though!

This isn't the first time you know. You weren't there for the Goldmined rock-paper-scissors LP thread?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

This is why we're the best subforum on this dead gay site. :allears: Congrats, Purple.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

This isn't the first time you know. You weren't there for the Goldmined rock-paper-scissors LP thread?

I lurked that one, but participating myself is a whole different thing. Regardless, it was a lot of silly fun.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Odd Wilson posted:

Putting my vote in on PurpleXVI

i hope you remember this when you take over the subforum with your newfound ik powers

Congrats on your new avatar

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Geemer posted:

Congrats on your new avatar

Geemer posted:

I'll vote for DN.

Congrats on your probation! :v:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Odd Wilson posted:

Congrats on your probation! :v:

:tipshat:

I'm still coveting that The Three Strikes gangtag.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geemer posted:

:tipshat:

I'm still coveting that The Three Strikes gangtag.

God, I completely forgot all about that one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Blame Sally? :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cooked Auto posted:

Blind Sally? :v:

ftfy

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I joined the LP Discord as tithin#6969, if you need something looked at, please feel free to ping me on there, or send me a PM :)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Congratulations to the new IKs!

tithin posted:

I joined the LP Discord as tithin#6969, if you need something looked at, please feel free to ping me on there, or send me a PM :)

I have this growth…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
alright, the final star has been assigned. i'll leave this thread open for a bit then unsticky it and make a proper announcement in a bit.