Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's been a while since we had a gamer confession thread, and with all the new faces around, we need a chance to absolve the noobs of any great gaming sins they may have committed.

Let's start off with a doozy, and something that has been weighing heavy on my heart for nearly two years now.

In September 2021, Bicyclops held an IK contest, and he botched the results, giving the IKship to the wrong person. I noticed the discrepancy, and messaged him about it. Worried that the mistaken results would fracture the still burgeoning Imp Zone, we decided that it was for the best that it be kept under wraps. I'm sorry to those that my silence hurt, especially absolutely anything the true IK of September 2021 through October 2021.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3978729&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post517542343

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Plebian Parasite posted:

It's been a while since we had a gamer confession thread, and with all the new faces around, we need a chance to absolve the noobs of any great gaming sins they may have committed.

Let's start off with a doozy, and something that has been weighing heavy on my heart for nearly two years now.

In September 2021, Bicyclops held an IK contest, and he botched the results, giving the IKship to the wrong person. I noticed the discrepancy, and messaged him about it. Worried that the mistaken results would fracture the still burgeoning Imp Zone, we decided that it was for the best that it be kept under wraps. I'm sorry to those that my silence hurt, especially absolutely anything the true IK of September 2021 through October 2021.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3978729&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post517542343

That's fine. I always knew it was fixed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the only gamer confession i have is the one i will be giving at the police station when they find your body in a barrel in my basement after reading that

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Have only played nintendo games at other peoples houses

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

When i was young my brothers rinsed me at worms 3d i got so mad that i scratched the disk on the floorboards then put it back in the case and denied all knowledge

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

the only gamer confession i have is the one i will be giving at the police station when they find your body in a barrel in my basement after reading that

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

give the man his missing ik, this coverup is insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

this, welcome to adelaide bitch

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

symbolic posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

I have audited this confession. absolutely anything picked a starman, which according to the rules was worth less than a mushroom, the winning choice. Your guilt is misplaced, you are free to go

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I still owe wormskull 5 million dollars for finding a black girl in VR chat.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It was 2. And you owe me a twitch prime sub for eating 100 McNuggets on my 28th? birthday.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

It was 2. And you owe me a twitch prime sub for eating 100 McNuggets on my 28th? birthday.

he never did that? disgusting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the 99 and 1 extremely suss nuggy stream was epic

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i went over to my friend kevin's house in second grade and didn't let him play my copy of pokemon red because i had caught a pikachu. i wouldn't let him play on my save, and i wouldn't let him start a new file even if he promised not to save over mine. he cried and i didn't really feel bad. sorry kevin.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

drat. I honestly can't tell if you're from Adelaide like me and therefore know what's up, or if you're simply an east coaster who's just paying us out. I mean... you're not wrong either way, but drat

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

prayer group posted:

i went over to my friend kevin's house in second grade and didn't let him play my copy of pokemon red because i had caught a pikachu. i wouldn't let him play on my save, and i wouldn't let him start a new file even if he promised not to save over mine. he cried and i didn't really feel bad. sorry kevin.

Extremely reasonable, the one time I let a friend play on my copy she used my master ball on a fuckin ponyta

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I've prime subbed to you like 9 times since then. Suck my balls.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

prayer group posted:

this was a good move on your part.

when i was a kid, i let some other kid play my copy of pokemon red for ten minutes and he repeatedly promised not to save. when i got my game back, my file with mewtwo, the legendary birds, a nearly complete pokedex, and a level 97 alakazam got wiped out by this kid’s new file at the start of the game. the creep didn’t even seem sorry.

i was a huge pokemon fan at that time: watched the show, had toys, mastered pokemon snap, had the dumb cd, all of it.

after that moment, i did not engage with anything with pokemon for the next twenty years and really the rest of my life. i wouldn’t even play as pikachu in smash brothers.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Spoderman posted:

this was a good move on your part.

when i was a kid, i let some other kid play my copy of pokemon red for ten minutes and he repeatedly promised not to save. when i got my game back, my file with mewtwo, the legendary birds, a nearly complete pokedex, and a level 97 alakazam got wiped out by this kid’s new file at the start of the game. the creep didn’t even seem sorry.

i was a huge pokemon fan at that time: watched the show, had toys, mastered pokemon snap, had the dumb cd, all of it.

after that moment, i did not engage with anything with pokemon for the next twenty years and really the rest of my life. i wouldn’t even play as pikachu in smash brothers.

drat, that sucks! Something similar happened for me where I ended up losing a shiny green Golbat (only shiny I've ever found, other than obviously the red Gyrados) which was unfortunate. Wasn't THAT big a loss for me overall, but yours... drat

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i feel absolved. thank u imp zone.

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

When I was like 12 probably, my brother started a save on ocarina of time, which he'd never played before. I think I assumed he'd put the game down and wasn't coming back to it, because I saved over it even though one of the other saves on the cartridge was also mine (the third one was my sister's). Then he eventually tried to play the game again, and got pissed at me, and I felt pretty bad :( . I think he still hasn't ever beaten ocarina of time. my sis and me have beaten it like 10 times each.

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

Oh right, and I accidentally knocked a friend's ps2 off of a shelf while it was running, and it was never the same again. Oops.

That same friend made me use a third party 360 controller that was so cheap that the R trigger back part got stuck inside the controller and the front part popped out though, so maybe we're almost even.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

----------------

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
i buy every nintendo console on release and only use it for zelda and smash

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
I borrowed a copy of Super Paper Mario from a friend and I left the disc on the floor prompting my shithead dog to eat the drat thing

It was so ferociously demolished that the layers of the dvd were coming apart and several chunks were taken out of it. We're still friends but we got rid of the dog a few years later after he kept pissing and making GBS threads all over my sister's bed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've prime subbed to you like 9 times since then. Suck my balls.

Full of absolute poo poo lmfao. You get gifted, kid.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

womb with a view posted:

Extremely reasonable, the one time I let a friend play on my copy she used my master ball on a fuckin ponyta

Same here, only it was a Dugtrio and also I was the friend playing on somebody else's copy.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

Full of absolute poo poo lmfao. You get gifted, kid.

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If i'm being generous, half of those were gifted, half of those were balls deep prime subs from yours truly. Don't even gently caress with me about this. I know for a fact WS once said "Oh poo poo, Synthy with the priiime nice dude." while blacked out playing some hosed up Doom poo poo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Plebian Parasite posted:

Chuck did this. 0 doubt in my mind

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao (but romantically) that synthy is re-enacting the end of Harry met sally with wormskull and twitch subs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If i'm being generous, half of those were gifted, half of those were balls deep prime subs from yours truly. Don't even gently caress with me about this. I know for a fact WS once said "Oh poo poo, Synthy with the priiime nice dude." while blacked out playing some hosed up Doom poo poo.

Maybe it was supposed to be a non prime sub so that your sub would represent an investment in your boy. Gotch your rear end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Maybe it was supposed to be a non prime sub so that your sub would represent an investment in your boy. Gotch your rear end.

I don't even know what this means. gently caress off. Your harassing me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

B Baka those were gifted subs uwu

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Weird IZWF lurker? Explain twitch subscriptions to Synthy. Now. You will be rewarded handsomely (or beautifully if a girl).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Weird IZWF lurker? Explain twitch subscriptions to Synthy. Now. You will be rewarded handsomely (or beautifully if a girl).