Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Meet the White Sox, the Go GO WHITESOX!

TV - Jason Benetti and Steve Stone
I think Jason is inarguably the best baseball announcer and likely the best all around announcer in any game today. He seamlessly goes from WSox baseball to FOX baseball to ESPN statscast Home Run Derby to local high school JV girls volleyball, and I will go out of my way to listen to any of them. The perfect mix of descriptive, stats, and inane trivia.
Stone has been announcing games since 1932 and while he was noticeably disinterested while working with Ken ""Hawk" 45 seconds of silence" Harrelson he seems to really enjoy Benetti. He has a good mix of old man yelling at clouds and honestly interesting insight that I enjoyable.

Radio - Len Kasper and Darrin Jackson
I am so glad that the Ricketts pissed off Kasper enough to want to stop doing TV for the North Siders and come to the WSox. Always insightful, nice at letting a moment soak in before stating the obvious, and has interesting talking points outside of baseball. Usually it would be an embarrassment that he is the alternate for TV broadcasts (but see above).
After years of being beat down by Ed Farmer DJ is weak. Not necessarily bad, just weak. He has very typical ex-player opinions and when given the chance he can expound on them.

Homers?
TV definitely not and radio only occasionally.

Distracting/Annoying?
Well, they all have a face made for radio. If Benetti has a drawback he looks like a stereotypical nerd. At least the TV guys are only shown for < 2 minutes.

Novelties?
Well, if you consider getting Bill Walton and Michael Schur (Ken Tremendous) as occasional color guys sign me the gently caress up. They have Sox Math twitter raffles and a prize shelf with a rotating list of prizes.

Recommended?
Everyone listens to Benetti on the regular regardless of your sport, and Stone is really kinda fun. Kasper is literally the greatest consolation prize ever and DJ also talks occasionally too! NBCsports has excellent TV broadcasts with pitchcast and camera angles, and WLS-890 is a blowtorch that likely reaches 75% of the US (just ignore the other 22 hours a day).
Edit, I don't listen to a lot of radio, they are now on ESPN-1000 which probably reaches 78% of the US.

Dog Faced JoJo fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU