Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Not wrong about that one Chris being overexposed though.

That's a legit nice review. Makes me want to see the movie. When it's available for streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I shall take notes while watching.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think the scene where they fight 5 and a half goblins for 3.5 hours and then debate killing their babies for another 2 a little excessive but ymmv

Is half a goblin like a kobold or something?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Was there a bag of holding in the movie? Did they try to put a person inside the bag?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The Dregs posted:

I paid 45 bucks for 2 tickets, a small drink, and a small popcorn then had to watch a solid 30 minutes of lovely marvel trailers.

An authentic cinematic experience.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

When I was around 9 my dad got me a 50 dollar Harkins gift certificate and I was absolutely devastated that it only lasted me like two trips to the movies and that feeling never left

And back in those days you weren't even thanked for your service.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

It's pretty funny how everyone is just like "wow this movie wasn't complete dog poo poo, it was actually pretty decent" and that's seen as being a total unicorn

Did you watch the D&D movies before this one though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

I think it has less to do with the old D&D movie and more a comparison with Marvel movies. Some people just don't like them and expect every action/adventure movie to be just like them.

To be fair, that style has been suffocating the genre for over a decade now.