Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What are you planning on cutting that needs a hot wire cutter versus just a razor blade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've done some epoxy on concrete countertops & wood tables and the instructions called for putting down a very thin coat first, letting that dry, and then doing your final application. That might help you here, the thin coat seals the wood so you don't have to worry about it sucking in the epoxy

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raised by Hamsters posted:

Fun side note! Commercial solutions for side wall entry of solar power connections SUCK. And mostly don’t even exist. Pretty much everything that’s commercial and set up as “solar ready” is using the crappy SAE connection that’s existed forever, these things –

I have a fond hatred of these from my parent’s camper when I was a kid, I remember that sometimes the electric would work, and sometimes it wouldn’t, and frequently you just kind of poked at stuff until it maybe connected. The battery on their 1970’s camper linked to the camper itself through one or two of these, and I think they were always suspect. As far as I can tell no one else actually seems to like these, either. Anyway there’s no other solutions for specifically what I want to do so I’m rolling my own. Except for something from a company called Furrion who makes exactly what I wanted but I never found their stuff until writing this post and googling up an image of the SAE connector that I was mentioning and it’s too late for me to get that now, and now I’m annoyed.

Sounds like it's too late, but did you look at the Anderson Powerpole connectors? They are fairly robust (way better then the one you pictured)