Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Raised by Hamsters posted:

I…. hmmm…. That doesn’t seem good.

This has been looking great so far then... A Hiccup!

I hope it turns out well :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

I just want to apologize, I was trying to subscribe to this thread on my phone and tapped the "vote 1" accidentally. I would vote a 5 if I could...

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

mobby_6kl posted:

I always find surprising how expensive even basic campers are, like even the crappy one linked in the OP, but then you see what a pain in the rear end it is and suddenly it makes sense. You're doing a great job though, keep it up!

I think you can? I voted 5 twice, just for you anyway.

I had to go to my desktop. I voted 5 twice there.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Yeah we're super pleased with the color. We had been leaning toward a few different blues but flipped to the forest green at the end. Theory on all of these being that they should compliment the ambering that the birch wood work will have with poly. Plus we didn't want just another white camper so some sort of color had to go on it.

We've named it the Spruce Caboose, on the theory that much like the Spruce Goose, it's large, over budget, late, and built mostly out of Birch and resin.

Love the color. Very close to a British Racing Green.

Who are you getting to do the custom vinyl name stickers?

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Lots of fun little thins in this project where my main personal growth is a new ability to nod sagely when someone else runs into a problem.

This, and to say "yup, that's a problem, and there's no easy solution."

Looks great so far, and the solutions you've come up with are sufficient to purpose; I don't think there's a "perfect" when it comes to stuff like this.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

This is gorgeous. I love good wire tidying. The heat shrink on heat shrink to get the glands to grip is what the pros do, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

For your upper edge, I think you'd need some kind of flashing or sealing surface. I wouldn't leave a factory edge, even one with sealant at the top.

That corner looks like it's asking for a piece of aluminum tube with 1 1/4" ID, roll it to shape, cut it somehow...?, it fits perfectly!

There's always the option of leaving the diamond plate square-edge and attaching it to the side decorative swoop with a TIG WELDED butt joint .

babyeatingpsychopath fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 9, 2024