Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I vaguely remember one where an otter on a boat went to a volcano island in the middle of the sea populated entirely by walruses. sounds like a fever dream in retrospect.

Plebian Parasite posted:

skipping over the dialogue whenever a loving mole shows up

moles are supposed to sound like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

poisonpill posted:

written by a notorious pervert

what

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I think I was mixing him up with piers Anthony

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ahh phew

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you tell me with a straight face Brian Jacques doesn't want to gently caress a deeper'n'ever pie

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

kecske posted:

I vaguely remember one where an otter on a boat went to a volcano island in the middle of the sea populated entirely by walruses. sounds like a fever dream in retrospect.

pretty sure that was pearls of lutra

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I read most of the books growing up and remember virtually nothing about them, the most concrete memory I have of the Redwall books was reading Martin the Warrior in class one day and there was a big rear end picture of Brian Jacques on the back and the girl in the seat in front of me turned around and pointed at his picture and said "EWWW WHY HIS TEETH SO YELLOW" and that's my Redwall memory.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I read most of the books growing up and remember virtually nothing about them, the most concrete memory I have of the Redwall books was reading Martin the Warrior in class one day and there was a big rear end picture of Brian Jacques on the back and the girl in the seat in front of me turned around and pointed at his picture and said "EWWW WHY HIS TEETH SO YELLOW" and that's my Redwall memory.

Did you break out the big book of british smiles?

RationalTangle
Jan 6, 2012
I read Mossflower in 6th grade, and made a big board game based on it for a school project. I got to play it with my friends during free study time and it was a lot of fun.

Still have my old copy of the book but have been hesitant to re-read it and risk tarnishing a happy memory.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mossflower was pretty good, one of the bad dudes turns out to be actually alright.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Crazy Ferret posted:

Ha, I'm willing to give it another chance then in due time. This thread has got me thinking about re-reading the original once I finish my current stack of books. And yeah, the cover for The Long Patrol is dope. Most of the book covers were fantastic, especially those Russian(?) ones posted earlier.

Like hell ya, I want to be wandering rabbit mercenary in some bizarro fantasy. That sounds neat.

The best Redwall book

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The badgers in redwall inspired in me a love for any class in any video game that had a rage mechanic.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

jokes posted:

The badgers in redwall inspired in me a love for any class in any video game that had a rage mechanic.

theres some poignancy in them when u realize the whole thing is like tripping balls on acid for them & when theyre not doing that poo poo theyre like gardening

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Akratic Method posted:

only reading the mole dialogue, and then mumbling HURR BURR over and over like a crazy person at school

:hmmyes:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

memory unlocked of my mom giving up reading out loud to me at bedtime because of the loving moles

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

memory unlocked of my mom giving up reading out loud to me at bedtime because of the loving moles

lmao

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Hey they made this for PBS awesome! *watches show* Ok yeah back to the books.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

Beer Gay So What posted:

yea dont watch the show. all the fights are them bonking each otther with sticks or whatever

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Beer Gay So What posted:

but tim curry voices cluny the scourge...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Should've made a dynasty warriors game in Redwall

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

jokes posted:

Badger Musou: Kill 10 Billion Rats

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Man this thread bought back a lot of memories. I absolutely loved this poo poo as a very young kid and was probably a big part of my gateway into fantasy/scifi growing up.

Food owns

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

jokes posted:

:hmmyes:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

jokes posted:

drat that would rule

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
When I was a young mambo i was reading in bed with a bunch of books left out on the floor. My sister sleepwalked into my room, sat on the foot of my bed and pissed herself despite my yells of horror.

Most of the piss ended up on a copy of The Long Patrol. To this day "going on the long patrol" is a family euphemism for a trip to the bathroom.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Free Market Mambo posted:

When I was a young mambo i was reading in bed with a bunch of books left out on the floor. My sister sleepwalked into my room, sat on the foot of my bed and pissed herself despite my yells of horror.

Most of the piss ended up on a copy of The Long Patrol. To this day "going on the long patrol" is a family euphemism for a trip to the bathroom.

:wow:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Redwall dark souls

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
Foreverially fat rolling due to pie and cordial encumbrance, unable to accumulate any humanity because I rolled a fox, only allowed to choose names that are anagrams of ‘filth’

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Shogi posted:

Foreverially fat rolling due to pie and cordial encumbrance, unable to accumulate any humanity because I rolled a fox, only allowed to choose names that are anagrams of ‘filth’

Ho burr aye.

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
Struggling to interpret the ancient riddle ‘try using both paws’

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

After two hundred pages I enter the fog door and press X once, instantly killing the boss with the Sword of Martin the Warrior. I immediately exchange the boss soul for hotroot soup and deeper'n'ever pie and die from overeating, losing all my souls for the eightieth time running.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Dynasty Warriors gameplay where you're a badger carving through hordes of vermin

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Dynasty Warriors gameplay where you're a badger carving through hordes of vermin

hold up I'm listening

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Do you pursue Cluny y/n

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

rollick posted:

Chris Baker aka FANGORN

You see that? That's right, there was a hare named Stiffener Medick.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Southern Cassowary posted:

i read a bunch of redwall in middle school because they were breezy reads and a fuckton of ar points so they were an easy ticket to the top 10 to get invited to a pizza party and get a free book

lol ar ruined my ability to read thoughtfully. you mean I can slam though a four hundred page book in a day and a half and if I can recall basic textual facts about the plot I get points for it? sure that skill came in handy for dry scientific research or w/e, but those little computer tests torpedoed my mind's eye

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

another repressed memory: trying and failing to look up vittles on the little electronic dictionary I carried around. context clues and all that, but that one was a puzzler for years

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Never did entirely work out Damsons.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just thhrew away rakkety tam cause the covers been missing for years and i dont think anyone would want it... but at least ive still got the first 7 or so books in good condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

cumpantry posted:

just thhrew away rakkety tam cause the covers been missing for years and i dont think anyone would want it... but at least ive still got the first 7 or so books in good condition

with the first five words of this I initially thought you were going to write out the mole accent